Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyC3J

New Orange County orders?

78 posts in this topic

Does anyone know who won the bids (and if orders have officially been placed) for any of the following?:

Cronomer Valley (rescue pumper), Fort Montgomery (pumper-tanker), Tuxedo (2 engines), Washingtonville (engine - I've heard Ferrara, not sure if confirmed), Goshen (tower ladder).

Orange Lake opens bids next week for two engines. Not sure which two are being replaced (keeping in mind as well that Winona Lake is part of Orange Lake Fire District).

Any info that can be shared?

Cronomer Valley rescue is a Marion with a Spartan Chassis. Delivery should be around May-June time frame.

Orange Lake Fire District, comprised of Dan Leghorn Engine and Winona Lake Engine companies. I believe the bid is to replace E-326 and 320. 327 and 322 will likely be replaced in a couple years. Or they may replace them 1 at a time over the next few years. The original bids were rejected (Pierce and KME) and specs rewritten.

Thanks for the info. I figured 326 was one of them, but wasn't sure about the second. Didn't think they'd get rid of 322 just yet, so soon after being refurbed. Looking forward to seeing how it works out.

Thanks for the info. I figured 326 was one of them, but wasn't sure about the second. Didn't think they'd get rid of 322 just yet, so soon after being refurbed. Looking forward to seeing how it works out.

The refurb was only to get us another 10 yrs or so. Personally, it wasn't worth it and it should have been replaced then.

Montgomery has a Pumper and Pumper Tanker in production by Ferrara

322 is one of my favorite rigs in the county, and is on a short list of those that I wish I had the resources to acquire and preserve once it's time does come.

Forgot about Montgomery, mainly because I already knew about it...but maybe others didn't, so thanks for mentioning it. A comment on their Facebook page says final inspection will be in "late winter". I don't know if the rigs have not hit the assembly line yet, or if they requested the build pics not be posted. Guess time will tell.

Middletown Trk 1 due in end of month,Seagrave rearmount 100'

Does that replace the tiller or the tower?

Truck 1 is the tiller. Is the tower still OOS

Truck 1 is the tiller. Is the tower still OOS

Negative. Truck 3 has been repaired and is back in service.

Looks like a bit of info got lost in the downtime. I will try to bring things up to date regarding this topic:

Middletown's new Truck 1 has been delivered and is now in service.

Washingtonville's new Ferrara Igniter pumper has hit the production line.

Tuxedo has re-bid two engines, now specifying one to be a top-mount pump and one side mount.

Montgomery's two units have had final inspection and should be delivered soon.

Orange Lake has ordered two KME engines.

Chester has received a new brush truck.

Port Jervis has (or had?) a Request for Proposal on the City's website for a new ladder truck.

Greenville taking bids for a new tower ladder, despite a ton of people (including two of their own commissioners) telling them they "don't need it".

Greenwood Lake and Fort Montgomery taking bids for engine and pumper-tanker, respectively. Have not heard who they went with (if anyone) yet.

I think that's everything currently in the works. Any additions, corrections or updates are welcome.

FDNY 10-75 likes this

Thanks for the update Andy!

Anyone know if Goshen's tanker refurb complete? Are they still out to bid on a ladder or did they order? Also I don't know if Cornwall awarded the bid for a ladder yet.

Edited by FDNY 10-75

Firematic's (Pierce dealer) Facebook page has new construction pics for a Goshen order. It's only a bare metal cab shell so far...awaiting confirmation if it's the tanker or tower ladder. Campbell Hall seeking bids for a stainless steel mini rescue pumper on a 2014 International TerraStar chassis.

Its the tower ladder. No tanker has been ordered.

Thanks for the confirmation. I just saw the legal notice on GFD's site last night regarding the referendum to sell 937 and put the money toward the purchase of said 2013 Pierce.

Fort Montgomery Tanker 423 is going to be a KME custom made pumper-tanker. It will replace the 1976 Ward La France custom pumper-tanker in service.

Montgomery Engine 219 "In Production" pictures: http://www.ferrarafire.com/CustomerSupport/InProduction/InProduction.html

Montgomery Engine 223 "In Production" pictures: http://www.ferrarafire.com/CustomerSupport/InProduction/InProduction.html

Washingtonville Engine 582 "In Production" pictures: http://www.ferrarafire.com/CustomerSupport/InProduction/InProduction.html

Looks like Washingtonville is going with a new black over red paint scheme with their new engine

JetPhoto likes this

I've heard that Maybrook is spec'ing out another engine to replace 215 that will be a twin to recently delivered Engine 210.

Looks like Tuxedo and Greenwood Lake are the only remaining "mysteries". Don't recall when Tux's re-bid opening is, so they may not have made a decision yet. Port Jervis goes to referendum in a few weeks. Looks like they're wanting a KME (well, that was my second guess). Good luck PJFD!

I believe Greenwood Lake went with the 4Guys/Spartan for the new engine

I herd Port Jervis wanted a Spartan or did they go with KME?

Legal notice in the paper says they'll be buying a KME if the referendum goes through.

Montgomery did indeed take delivery yesterday, and both rigs were placed in service this afternoon. Is that a record?

The "Legal Notice of the Week" (or so it seems lately) is for Mechanicstown, seeking bids for a new pumper.

Montgomery did indeed take delivery yesterday, and both rigs were placed in service this afternoon. Is that a record?

The "Legal Notice of the Week" (or so it seems lately) is for Mechanicstown, seeking bids for a new pumper.

Yes, they are in-service to my knowledge. Montgomery has been posting pictures on their Facebook profile today of the new engines drafting and doing driver training. Looks like Mechanicstown E-118 might be the engine being replaced? It is the oldest in the fleet, unless they are adding.

They definitely are in service....County dispatch made the announcement mid-afternoon today.

Yes, I'm assuming it is 118 that Mechanicstown is replacing, but word through the grapevine is that there's 3-4 pieces they'd like to replace. Not necessarily all at once, though.

Attached is Huguenot's new engine, the Spartan/4 guys

post-21800-0-33145300-1368400357.jpg

post-21800-0-94048400-1368400415.jpg

Edited by Orange337
markmets415 likes this