Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyC3J

New Orange County orders?

78 posts in this topic

The Orange Lake Fire District published a Pierce spec, and the previous KME tanker was published as a Spartan/US Tanker.

Walden's last spec/purchase was a Spartan/Rescue 1

Middletown's last spec/purchase was a Seagrave.

Not sure about Warwick's most recent engine purchase, but the Raymond's published a Spartan/4 Guys, and got a Spartan/KME.

Pine Island I don't know much about. But it seems none of those departments you listed are trying to push towards a KME fleet.

Earlier in the thread, a Winona Lake member posted that there had only been two bidders, Pierce and KME. KME was apparently lower cost. I am curious to see if Winona's engine will still be in that cream/ivory color, the exact name of which escapes me at the moment.

Add to the upcoming orders list Washington Heights, seeking to purchase a medium duty rescue.

Edited by AndyC3J

The Orange Lake Fire District published a Pierce spec, and the previous KME tanker was published as a Spartan/US Tanker.

Walden's last spec/purchase was a Spartan/Rescue 1

Middletown's last spec/purchase was a Seagrave.

Not sure about Warwick's most recent engine purchase, but the Raymond's published a Spartan/4 Guys, and got a Spartan/KME.

Pine Island I don't know much about. But it seems none of those departments you listed are trying to push towards a KME fleet.

I meant that a majority of the fleet was KME

Walden has purchased exclusivley KME since 2000 until the new rescue, which was made by a company that only does rescues.

Middletown has three out of the five engines are KME, a majority of the fleet.

Warwick has two KME engines, the spartan /KME, and from what I heard they like the KME tower and will probably be looking to get one when the time comes to replace the current e-one tower. The tanker was just a rechassis onto another freightliner chassis.

And Pine Island is a fully standardized fleet with KME with the exception of the Unimog.

Warwick's tanker is now on a Mack Granite chassis.

As for their interest in KME, a friend who's on Raymond Hose told me that what they like about KME is the service. If something goes wrong, all they have to do is call KME (or the local dealer) and a mechanic is there the next day. With 4Guys, you have to take the truck to them, and that's not always convenient.

As for any other department, could be the same thing. Could be preference. Could be those dreaded two words, "Low Bid". Who knows.

I am curious to see if Winona's engine will still be in that cream/ivory color, the exact name of which escapes me at the moment.

Packard Ivory is the color.

(For Winona Lake) Both 320 and 322 are to be replaced. Right now, the current thought is that 322 will be replaced first. The engine had a refurb in '07(?) so we wanted to get rid of it while it still has some resale/trade in value (among other reasons). The new 322 would then become 1st due and 320 2nd due.

The main reasons for KME over Pierce, as I understand it, was engine selection ie: Cummins vs Detroit. Pierce was a little higher with the boat anchor Detroit while KME bid with the Cummins. Pierce wanted too much for the Cummins option.

I haven't seen Dan Leghorn's engine yet but understand it will be usable. After several changes/recommendations made by the chiefs who originally were left out of the design process.

Nice looking rig....best of luck, GLFD!

Update on Monroe.... they are looking to order a 2014 Smeal 75' heavy duty quint, pending the result of the permissive referendum.

Haven't heard much else as of late.

Coldenham Fire District M207 (Traffic Control Unit)

2013 Ford F450XL 4x4 crew cab

Wanco 49 inch by 72 inch LED message board

2 telescoping LED scene lights

4 LED surface mounted scene lights

Built by Unruh Fire Rescue (photo credit to the same)

post-18609-0-97609400-1389143224.jpg

Port Jervis' new KME ladder is featured on KME's Facebook page. Sharp looking rig. They have jumped on the black over red bandwagon....displaying the colors of Port Jervis High School.

Cornwall's ladder seems to be complete as well.

Any other updates on bid awards/orders?

Goshen tanker bid awarded to Pierce, Kenworth/Pierce 1250/3000 tanker with delivery in late summer/fall.

Goshen tanker bid awarded to Pierce, Kenworth/Pierce 1250/3000 tanker with delivery in late summer/fall.

Going to miss that Mack.

Monroe Joint Fire Dist, NY has order their 2nd Smeal. This is a 75' quint on a Spartan LFD 10' raised roof Gladiator. The unit has 500 water front and rear jacks for optimal setup.