Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Stamford Former Truck 3 (1997 Sutphen 75' MM) For Sale

20 posts in this topic

This Sutphen was actually the former Truck 4, a spare that originally served as Truck 2.

Stamford currently runs 3 Truck Companies(T1, T2, T3) as frontline units. Until now, the SFRD had 2 Spare Trucks: Truck 4 and Truck 5. Truck 4, the rig in question, ran out of Engine 4's quarters as a city-wide Reserve, while Truck 5 ran out of the Training Center and Maintenance Facility on Magee Ave.

Truck 5 is now running as the only Spare Truck Co. for the SFRD as far as I know. However, from what I hear, the city is planning on ordering a new Truck in the near future, so whatever rig it replaces will likely become the new Spare.

x635 likes this

Seth

At this time Truck 5 (the old tower 1) is the spare Truck company for the city. It is stationed out of Headquartes with E1 and Tower 1.

Tom Tisano JR

x635 likes this

Thanks, guys! Can the current spare fit in all the houses that trucks are currently assigned to?

Thanks, guys! Can the current spare fit in all the houses that trucks are currently assigned to?

I believe so. Truck 5 originally served as Truck 1, but then was moved to the South End because it was too long to make certain streets and corners in Downtown. At that time, Truck 2's HME stick was moved to Central until they got their new Sutphen Tower for Truck 1.

x635 likes this

seth Tower 1 was moved to the south end due to the Chief at the time wanted to keep the milage down on the apparatus. Truck 1 is the primary Truck company to springdale glenbrooke and some of turn of river. when the older tower 1 now (truck5) was in service that was the reasoning to move the tower to station 2 and the stick to station 1. at this time the current truck 5 can not fit at station 3. it is too tall. per my father who is the assigned driver Tower 1 group 1 the old tower can not fit on the hill, so if truck 3 is out of service Truck 2 goes up to station 3 and truck 5 heads to the south end.

Tom

x635 and sfrd18 like this

and on the rumor of the new truck company, i have some really good sorces that have told me that E8 and E9 will have new Pumpers and R1 will have a new apparatus before any of the trucks are replaced

x635 likes this

Truck 5 fits at three company, it was there got about a month recently (it may still be there). The thing is huge though. It didn't get the nickname "The Queen Mary" for nothing.

x635 and sfrd18 like this

thanks Matt thanks for the update dad said that it did not fit due to hight in the bay

and on the rumor of the new truck company, i have some really good sorces that have told me that E8 and E9 will have new Pumpers and R1 will have a new apparatus before any of the trucks are replaced

Engine 9's supposed to be getting a new KME Engine some time soon. As for Rescue 1 I don't know. I believe the city is also planning on purchasing 2 new Engines and a new Ladder in the near future.

There is one KME engine on order, delivery in mid to late fall.

One additional and identical KME Engine is expected to be ordered shortly.

A new Rescue for R1 is anticipated to go out to bid in the next few months.

A new truck will be at least another 18-36 months out.

sfrd who are you and how are you connected to the Stamford Fire Dept?

I'm a volunteer FF in CT and a fire buff. I am not connected with Stamford Fire though.

SRS131EMTFF likes this

TikThe reason I ask who you are is that friends of mine though that sfrd18 was my screen name and I was running around giving out miss information about Stamford fire. Yes I did possibly have so some miss information about Truck 5 and the west side firehouse but matt corrected me. So I have friends and family that work in the SFD I would appreciate it if you would check your information before posting anything

Thanks

Thomas P Tisano

Engine 9's supposed to be getting a new KME Engine some time soon. As for Rescue 1 I don't know. I believe the city is also planning on purchasing 2 new Engines and a new Ladder in the near future.

sfrd and some of our other members, just some advice. There's no need to post what you heard, especially since the people you heard it from probably heard it from some of these guys and their brothers. You don't have to impress anyone. These are some very good people to sit back and listen and learn from, and that's what you need to do in this thread.

In addition, posts like yours turn people "in the know" off from posting the factual information.

No offense, this was just my 2 cents and I hope you and your fellow younger members will learn from.

I have depended on "sfrd.." for much information regarding many depts. He is a buff and a volunteer firefighter. I don't think it is in his nature to try and impress you. He has a wealth of knowledge about many departments throughout the northeast. Is he right 100 % ? Maybe not. Maybe he wasn't right this time, But if I was a gambling man, I'd put my money on what he says. And at 22 years old, or there abouts, "I think he's a Credit to his generation".

I hope he isn't discouraged from posting on here because of some misunderstanding. I'm sure there's more than a few of us who sometimes have our stories or facts somewhat distorted on various occussions.

If I thought he was some cocky, know-it-all kid, I'd never posting here in his defense.

210, x129K, SRS131EMTFF and 2 others like this

I have depended on "sfrd.." for much information regarding many depts. He is a buff and a volunteer firefighter. I don't think it is in his nature to try and impress you. He has a wealth of knowledge about many departments throughout the northeast. Is he right 100 % ? Maybe not. Maybe he wasn't right this time, But if I was a gambling man, I'd put my money on what he says. And at 22 years old, or there abouts, "I think he's a Credit to his generation".

I hope he isn't discouraged from posting on here because of some misunderstanding. I'm sure there's more than a few of us who sometimes have our stories or facts somewhat distorted on various occussions.

If I thought he was some cocky, know-it-all kid, I'd never posting here in his defense.

I agree, I have always thought SFRD has contributed in a positive way without trying to impress anyone. SFRD, rock on.

I'm not saying anything against him at all, I agree that he has great knowledge and does not mean do be disrespectful or discourage posting. You just have people on this thread who have incredible firsthand knowledge of what's going on, and that should be respected and encouraged.

Unfortunately some of the information he has posted on this site and also CT Fire-EMS has been inaccurate and thus why some members have an issue with it and sometimes take offense to it.

Unfortunately some of the information he has posted on this site and also CT Fire-EMS has been inaccurate and thus why some members have an issue with it and sometimes take offense to it.

And you have never been wrong or passed along a rumor?