Bnechis

Scotland Merges all Fire Depts & Police Depts

38 posts in this topic

SFRS... am I the only one that sees a resemblance?

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service could never get over 1,999 posts and 100 pages on EMT-Bravo....LOL

SageVigiles likes this

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service could never get over 1,999 posts and 100 pages on EMT-Bravo....LOL

Challenge accepted, good Sir.

look guys the fact is that so far it seems to be working well. the only people that have lost their jobs apparantly are senior officers. their jobs are now covered by officers of a lesser rank. i.e a station manager is now covering two stations instead of one.

Bnechis likes this

look guys the fact is that so far it seems to be working well. the only people that have lost their jobs apparantly are senior officers. their jobs are now covered by officers of a lesser rank. i.e a station manager is now covering two stations instead of one.

While that is unfortunited, its muchbetter than reducing the number of apparatus and or manning.

While that is unfortunited, its muchbetter than reducing the number of apparatus and or manning.

Could they have offered these guys jobs at a lower rank to keep them on the job? I would even go back to firefighter if it meant keeping a paycheck. It is a shame though you are right, keeping the numbers the same in the field is more important than in the office.

Could they have offered these guys jobs at a lower rank to keep them on the job? I would even go back to firefighter if it meant keeping a paycheck. It is a shame though you are right, keeping the numbers the same in the field is more important than in the office.

Not knowing the details, and I am just speculating. But wWhen this happens (particularly since it has been in planning for 3 years) pension buyouts often occur. Also Sr. members may be close to retiring anyway, plus since this is a long term cost savings and they acknowledge that thier may be very minimal savings the 1st few years, they maintain the positions to help move the transition along untill those members retire and the positions are then reduced.

Careful what you wish for, many City Councils would easily make cuts if they knew they'd get higher paid guys to take lower paid positions. Keep the experience and cut costs? That is just one reason Unions are still relevant.

Bnechis and Newburgher like this