Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Where Is Eastchester Tower Ladder 17?

18 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where Eastchester TL-17 is? Did Eastchester get rid of it? Heard it was sitting outside at "Station 6", the temporary warehouse the North End Firehouse was running out of for two years while their floors were repaired, and took a little beating from the weather since it didn't fit in it. I've heard they are running Ladder 15 (ex L-17), but I heard that failed it's UL test? But Eastchester is a community that really needs a Tower Ladder, given all the multi-story apartment buildings, especially some that are filled with senior citizens, so it doesn't make sense that TL-17 would be replaced by L-15? Just confused and hope someone can straighten me out.

Also, what's the staffing on Engine 31 and TL-17 nowadays?

post-11-0-50151000-1370215961.jpg

post-11-0-00878700-1370216510.jpg

post-11-0-07609800-1370228249.jpg

sfrd18 likes this

I believe that TL 17 is out for repair in PA. The 1987 Seagrave L-15 stick has been fixed to a point. Can only put it up at certain angles or it tips. The repair/renovation of station 5 on Wilmont road has been a debacle!!!

x635 and sfrd18 like this

Your statements are on base. TL -17 sat outside in the elements for approx. 2 years and they scratch there heads why it needed such major expensive repairs. As for firehouse repairs most likely the biggest government disaster ever to occur.

x635, KBR359, CFI609D and 4 others like this

were is this station 6 that you took a picture of hahaha

Is it at the former LTI plant in Ephrata?

were is this station 6 that you took a picture of hahaha

Summerfield St C/S Dunwoodie St Eastchester

Here is the Google Streetview with Engine 31 sitting out front.

2 guys on Tl 17 and engine 31. From what i have seen when the rigs are responding.

As of yesterday afternoon, Station 6 is still alive and well and TL-17 is still missing. Is the North End Station going to re-open, and TL-17 going to return anytime soon?

post-11-0-36533100-1375521966.jpg

sfrd18 likes this

Summerfield St C/S Dunwoodie St Eastchester

Here is the Google Streetview with Engine 31 sitting out front.

If you look really close from the right street angle L-15 is parked inside all the way to the back wall.

x635 likes this

Well, well, well, look who's back at the Eastchester FD shops (photo taken this afternoon).

post-11-0-84000600-1377207099.jpg

However, Ladder 15 is still in service and don't know when TL-17 will return to service.

sfrd18 likes this

That rig spends more time in the shop than on the road. It does not really matter because it does not fit in there temp firehouse that they have been renting for 2 1/2 years. So in summary it has been OOS for 2 1/2 years The taxpayers are being ripped off.

ptwatson likes this

I been hearing TL-17 being dispatch to call and responded to calls. So is Eastchester FD Tower Ladder 17 officially back in service? Also is Station # 5 officially re-open and back up and running? Or is Ladder 15 OOS and TL-17 running out of Station # 6?

That rig spends more time in the shop than on the road. It does not really matter because it does not fit in there temp firehouse that they have been renting for 2 1/2 years. So in summary it has been OOS for 2 1/2 years The taxpayers are being ripped off.

what a shame i know the feeling.

Per this video TL17 and E 31 are back in the North End station.

Ahh, yes. Let's use Youtube as our source of definitive information. It's a lot like using Wikipedia as your source for a dissertation.

TL-17 may have to goto the shop again. It was in Yonkers for Mutual Aid and had a couple of calls but by the smell of the breaks they were hard at work!

Station 5 is open again and 31 and 17 are quartered there. I was up by there yesterday.