Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

Hawthorne FD Pumper Bid

7 posts in this topic

According to The Journal New legal section July 23, 2013 "...sealed bids will be received by the Board of Fire Commissioners of the Hawthorne Fire District...for the purchase of a Custom Deluxe Pumper Fire Truck....Bids will be publically opened and read on August 12, 2013 at 7:00PM..."

x635 likes this

Thats a very short turn around time. Generally if you do not give 45-60 days you will only recive 1 or 2 bids unless what you are looking for is very generic.

Particularly during the summer when factory support to the dealers is down for vacations.

x635 likes this

Unless you already know who you want to make your next custom deluxe pumper fire truck.

True, but tread lightly since that borders on bid rigging. idonot know about NYS stats, but a few years ago NJ had a sudy that showed something like 80& of rigs were purchased illegally by manipulating the bid process

velcroMedic1987 likes this

I just wanted to state that my statements were very generic and I am not stating or implying that HFD is doing anything improper. I stand by my comment on time needed to get multiple bids

velcroMedic1987 likes this