Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pagers

New DHSES OEM Trucks.

12 posts in this topic

New trucks for the Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services - Office of Emergency Mangement

2013 Chevrolet Tahoe

1 of several new vehicles

Unit: RD - 3 - CD (Region 3, Capital District Response Zone)

Plate# 133505

post-16394-0-33841100-1383523046.jpg

post-16394-0-58590900-1383523073.jpg

post-16394-0-65381200-1383523089.jpg

post-16394-0-07960900-1383523105.jpg

x635, PEMO3, 87D124 and 1 other like this

Great shots, good looking trucks! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Where are these trucks stationed, who staffs them, what equipment do they carry, and what type of calls do they go on?

The vehicles will be distributed throughout the state staffed by NYS OEM regional directors. There is a total of 9 of them that will be delivered to each OEM region's RD. I believe they have 10 more 2014 Tahoes on order.

Pagers, x635 and EmsFirePolice like this

Great shots, good looking trucks! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Where are these trucks stationed, who staffs them, what equipment do they carry, and what type of calls do they go on?

Just met the new regional director for the Hudson Valley. NYS OEM is called out to major incidents where state (or federal) resources are requested or extensive mutual aid is operating. They will coordinate state mutual aid.

Just met the new regional director for the Hudson Valley. NYS OEM is called out to major incidents where state (or federal) resources are requested or extensive mutual aid is operating. They will coordinate state mutual aid.

CT has a similar system with the Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security. Each DEMHS Region has a Regional Coordinator who is our link to the State EOC and can request regional/state assets to assist in a major incident. I found them INCREDIBLY useful during both Hurricane Sandy and the February Blizzard.

Cots, tarps, diesel fuel, sand, sandbags, sandbag machines, National Guard backhoes, Building Inspectors, Health Inspectors, Fire Marshals, I could go on. And that's just from Hurricane Sandy...

CT has a similar system with the Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security. Each DEMHS Region has a Regional Coordinator who is our link to the State EOC and can request regional/state assets to assist in a major incident. I found them INCREDIBLY useful during both Hurricane Sandy and the February Blizzard.

Cots, tarps, diesel fuel, sand, sandbags, sandbag machines, National Guard backhoes, Building Inspectors, Health Inspectors, Fire Marshals, I could go on. And that's just from Hurricane Sandy...

None of that is carried in the regional coordinators' vehicle though. :blink:

LOL

None of that is carried in the regional coordinators' vehicle though. :blink:

LOL

Now THAT would be impressive.

velcroMedic1987 likes this

Now THAT would be impressive.

We already wear enough hats!!! why not add on a few more!!