Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New Dodge Ram Promaster Van

17 posts in this topic

All the van manufacturers, except for GMC, are switching over to the European style van.

This is in a effort to reduce cost, or so they say.

I gotta agree with you! How the heck can you open the hood to the engine?!?!

There's no engine, just a couple hamsters on a wheel. :D

EmsFirePolice likes this

IMHO, one real ugly looking truck. Dodge has some nice designs, but they missed the ball on this one.

The headlight and hood remind me of a Fiat.

Edited by JackEMT

Didn't miss the ball - missed the whole side of the barn

All the van manufacturers, except for GMC, are switching over to the European style van.

This is in a effort to reduce cost, or so they say.

Makes total sense, why design two different vehicles to do the same job. I would assume some of the only differences might be: left vs. right hand side steering, and emissions.

I never understood why Ford and Chevy (too a much lesser extent Dodge), made the same vehicle two to three times with different badges on them, just competing against themselves.

I guess that's one of the reasons why they almost went bankrupt

IMHO, one real ugly looking truck. Dodge has some nice designs, but they missed the ball on this one.

The headlight and hood remind me of a Fiat.

It is a fiat. They own Chrysler. Still a hideous looking truck. But we thought the same about the sprinter.

I'm sure we'll start seeing ambulance variants of this sometime soon. Since Mercedez took back the Sprinter. I know Fiat has a bunch of these set up as ambulances around Europe. They're ugly as hell, but if it's cost efficient, then I'm sure some private agencies will take advantage. I'd hate to be in one....I hate working out of a Sprinter as it is. I'll keep my Frazer.

The front bumper is actually 3 pieces, that are easily removed to be replaced. They put the headlights up high so they wont be damaged in a fender bender. Not a bad idea when you think about.

Man, I hope they don't make them into ambulances, there are already too many Sprinters out there that are made into ambulances.

I'd rather the ford over a sprinter or the dodge. The chevy's I work out of are constantly in the shop. I've been in my regular truck maybe 3 asifts in the last 2 months.

We only had two Chevy's at my last job and while they were reliable they rode like the springs were made of granite; you hit a Bronx pothole with one of them and it felt like you were landing the General Lee after jumping a river.