Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Introduce Yourself!

325 posts in this topic

I've been a member of the croton falls fire dept as a ff/emt from 2001 to present time and worked volunteer ems for 10 yrs.

How's it going...I'm a Paramedic for FDNY. Been with fire since 2003 and its ight..lol

Hi guys and gals. My name is Peter from Bedford, Texas. I am currently working as a Receiving Manager for Office Depot. I use to be a Volunteer Firefighter for the Pantego Fire Dept. here in the Fort Worth area.

I'm currently certified as a FF/EMT-Basic and was a Part-time FF/EMT from Sept. 02-Sept. 03. I went to a Fire Academy that was run by The Colony, Texas Fire Dept. and ran calls with The Colony while in Rookie School.

I'm currently looking to get hired as a full-time FF/EMT somewhere here in Texas. I'm also planning to go back to school in the fall to get my Associates Degree in Fire Investigation.

In my spare time I like to photograph fire apparatus. (Pierce being my favorite.) In my profile you will find a link to my website. I have over a hundred photos from throughout Texas, and the Southern U.S. Some of the photos were sent to me by members of my site, and those photos have been credited to those members.

I'm also a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan!! :D:D

Update:

Well I did this way back about 7 years ago. Then I left this board for about 6 years and recently started reading this board again. I still work for Office Depot as a Dept. Manager. I never went back to school like I had mentioned 7 years ago. Three months after joining this site, I met my wife, and instead got married, moved to the Westside of Fort Worth. I went back to being a Volunteer FF for Westworth Village from October 2004-January 2007. My MSN website no longer exist thanks to MSN for that! I still take photos of fire apparatus when I go on vacation. Just not much around the D/FW area like I use to. B)

Didnt know this Topic existed! Great to look back at all the old posts from this subject and see people I know now that I didnt when they posted here.

My name is Tyler, 25, currently Head Driver/firefighter of Engine 64 Washington Engine & Hose #4, Port Chester. Been with Port Chester for about 3 years now and its something Ill never regret. I am also a firefighter/driver/EMT-B/thug of the Cos Cob Volunteer Fire Company #1, Greenwich, CT and have been with them for almost 10 years now (Explorer for 3 of those 7 with Sound Beach Vol Fire Dept. Greenwich, CT). I went to Western New England College in Springfield MA where I recieved my BS in Criminal Justice and a lot of my buff experience chasing Springfield FD. My profession is in Security and right now I work in Stamford, CT for a Pharmaceutical.

Edited by HubEng21

Hi the name is Chris gearing up for my EMT-B and looking to learn. B)

Best of luck on the Paramedic work.

Queens Express

Admin. Superintendent B&G. Queens College

Hi my name is Mike I'm 29 years old I'm interested in emergency apparatus I live in White Plains NY. I'm going to be signing up for the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Police Accademy. I went on a ride along with my cousin who's a cop in New Hampshire and I was hooked it was better then COPS.

hi my name is James im 22 years old im with the Engine and hose co #3 (Engine 42) village of Mamaroneck fire dept i been with the VMFD for 5 years and just started my new career with the city of Mt vernon police dept

hi I am todd and basically i am just enterested in emergancy vehicles

Greetings,

My parents named me William, my Marines named me "Doc" and I've been involved in Emergency Services my entire adult life. My summer job in HS was fighting wildland fires for NYSDEC. I entered the Service after a couple years of college. Before I enlisted, I was a member of a VFD and a VAC. After Hospital Corps School I served exclusively with The Corps for 11 years. Got to some of the worlds "garden spots". After Desert Storm, I came home and took every civil service test I could get my hands on. It came down to NYSP and Newburgh Fire Dept. NFD called first so in 1994 I began my career there. In 1999 I was injured at a scene and ended u going to the Fire Prevention Bureau. Been there since 2000. Promoted to LT in 03. I am a Level II Fire Investigator with national certification pending. I am a Code Enforcement Officer as well. I am ow the officer in charge of the Bureau.

firedude likes this

I'm Jimmy

I'm a freelance photographer and a fire enthusiast with many friends inside the Ossining Fire Dept and Ambulance Corp (O.V.A.C.).

I recently graduated with a Bachelor's Degree from Western Connecticut State University.

Recently I shot the Thornwood and Ossining Wetdowns.

I find a lot of the posts on EMTBravo very interesting and love coming on this site. I don't post very much since I don't really know much but love reading what everyone's thoughts are on various subjects.

JUST WANNA WISH YOU LUCK WITH THIS SECTION OF EMTBRAVO :D

Hi im a member of a westchester fire departmemt for over 34 yrs.

Welcome to all the new members. Enjoy the site...

My name is Nicholas. I am 18 years old, and live in Portage, MI. I am currently nearing the end of my EMT-B course, and hope to get a job with one of the EMS services in the area.

I hope to learn as much as possible here.

firedude likes this

I'm backkkkkk.........

For those that don't know me, name's Mike. Currently 18 years old and just completed my first year at a small, private college in a small town adjacent to Worcester Mass. for a degree in fire science. Just finished up an EMT course 2 weeks ago as part of my 2nd semester classes at school, and I'll be testing with Mass. Office of EMS in early June to get my patch. (Well, the patch will come later, early June's just the practical, then comes the month and a half wait for results, and then finally the written/CAD test and then I get to see the results.)

I was, up until January of this year, a fire explorer with a small combination department for a grand total of 4 years until the advisor stepped down due to scheduling issues and the post has been all but killed off since then. Attempted to get hired by that department and another local one as a call firefighter, but thanks to budget cuts, hiring freezes are in effect. So I'm technically a nothing, but I am always striving to constantly learn, and that's what drew me back here. Hope to stay for awhile.

Hi, I'm Unit 42 and I'm an aspiring fire explorer wishing to become firat a volly firefighter than go on to become paid. I'm from VA and I love everything and everything about firetrucks, ambulances, police cars or anything else on emergency services.

Hi, im steve. Im a 19 year old volunteer ff and ems worker from orange county ny. I have two semesters left with my fire science degree at dutchess community college and im transfering to the university of maryland to recieve my BA when im done.

Hello All :

I am brand spanking new to all of this. I am interested in taking the EMT course that is offered by Dutchess Community College (Poughkeepsie,NY) and then taking the NY State exam. I have prior Correctional experience but none when it comes to EMS or even Volunteer services. I would greatly appreciate any input. I'm just a little concerned of going through the motions to become certified only to find very limited employment opportunties.

Thank you all in advance

Mike

Hello All :

I am brand spanking new to all of this. I am interested in taking the EMT course that is offered by Dutchess Community College (Poughkeepsie,NY) and then taking the NY State exam. I have prior Correctional experience but none when it comes to EMS or even Volunteer services. I would greatly appreciate any input. I'm just a little concerned of going through the motions to become certified only to find very limited employment opportunties.

Thank you all in advance

Mike

First off, welcome to EMTBravo! I might suggust joining a volunteer EMS agency near where you live/work. Let them train you for free and then take the EMT exam. Build up some EMS experience and then apply for a job. It will in no way gaurentee a job, but it should help. If you are looking to become a paramedic, then a community college program might be the right thing for you. You are very right with the limited employment opportunities, but there are jobs out there, you just need to know where to look. Here are some that are curently hiring...

NDP EMS

Transcare

Edited by firedude

My name is Al, I am a Battalion Chief with North Naples Fire Resecue which is located about 175 miles south of Tampa on Florida's West Coast. I have been in the fire service since 1981, when I joined a small department located in Suffolk County NY. I moved to Florida 1985 and began my career here. I still keep in touch and informed of the action up in NY. EMT Bravo is an informative site, thanks.

Stay Safe!

Alpinerunner likes this

Hi....chief harris Pittstown Fd.....enjoy the site hope to contribute pics

Welcome aboard Chief! Enjoy the site.

eric12401 likes this

Hi everyone! My name is Kyle. I've been a junior firefighter for 5 months in Southeastern PA. See ya around!

Edited by FireSquad911
firedude likes this

Hi everyone! My name is Kyle. I've been a junior firefighter for 5 months in Southeastern PA. See ya around!

welcome aboard kyle...enjoy

Hey im Matt from Buchanan FD i an currenly taking Firefighter 1,2, and survivle and i am a probie

eric12401 likes this

Hey im Matt from Buchanan FD i an currenly taking Firefighter 1,2, and survivle and i am a probie

Welcome to the site Matt. Enjoy the classes and stay safe!

Spartan052 likes this

hi everyone this dave better known as pops404 i'm a retired verizon worker&a proud retired member of cwalocal1103 in westchester i have had an interest in the fir service since about the age of 5 my introduction was a ride in the tiller seat of ladder74 down so bway on a hot summers day correct if im wrong but that was one of there old alfs i still have an interest in the older rigs i really do enjoy this site just a quick hello to the rye f/f's local 2029 a great bunch of guys& also to the f/f's in da vern hey cuz gret pig roast cant wait for the next one stay safe all

Spartan052 and efdcapt115 like this

Hello all,

My name is Paul Balentine (obviously) I am a Captain in the York Village Fire Dept. (York, Maine) I am also a paid FF in a career FD in Salem, NH (45 minutes away from York) I am a fourth generation firefighter in York, my father and grandfather are still members of the YVFD. I grew up in the fire service and have always wanted to be a firefighter. I don't really have any hobbies outside the fire service. I enjoy collecting fire service memoribilia, of pretty much all types. I always enjoy learning different aspects of the job, as no two calls are the same. I am also very passionate about teaching and passing on my experience on to others in the fire service.

Otherwise, I am married and have two young sons, who I hope will carry on the family tradition one day!!!!!

Please check out my Fire Department's website at http://www.yorkvillagefire.com

eric12401, TR54 and firedude like this