Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Introduce Yourself!

325 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I am traumajunky... I can't state my real name due to my wonderful employer :rolleyes::D . I am a Full Time Paramedic/ Volunteer Firefighter 2, FAST/RIT certified, Rescue Tech/ Part Time 911 Dispatcher/ and Jill of all trades from the Western NY area... that part of the state people forget about... I am also currently pursuing my BA in Emergency Management. I am one of those crazy people that can't seem to get away from emergency services, and have been enduring this madness since early 2001. Been lurking on the site for a while and figured I might as well contribute some of my knowledge and experience to the site. It's great to meet everyone, and hope to have some good discussions in the future.

I am a EMTB and firefighter IN Chenango County NY. We are a vol fire department

Hi everyone.

I am pleased to be your newest Forum Moderator, appointed by Seth, for the EMTBravo Network.

I've known Seth since back in his early days, at "60"

I was a "Lurker" from the very beginning when Seth first started the website, then I joined a little later.

My background:

My hobbies are Computers & Digital Photography.

I've lived and worked in Westchester practically my entire life. I'm 55.

Former member, Chief Driver, Mutual Engine & Hose Co. Mt Kisco FD.

Former Company Line Officer and currently Associate Member of Briarcliff Fire Company (Engine Co).

Associate member Independent Hose Co. Engine 101, Ossining FD.

Member/former member of FASNY, HVVFA, WCVFA

37+ years working at ConEd.

Currently working for Westchester Gas Operations, as Safety Administrator in Gas Engineering/EH&S.

Responsibilities include all Westchester Gas Operations employee Safety and OSHA training requirements, Air-line (supplied air) respirator/SCBA maintenance, quarterly and annual respirator training, injury and accident investigations, and incident root-cause analysis.

Previously worked as a Shift Supervisor for Westchester Gas Distribution Services / Emergency Response.

Responsible for Westchester Gas employees working rotating shifts around the clock, 24/7, involved in routine and emergency gas transmission and distribution system maintenance work, inside/outside gas odor complaint investigations, emergency response to gas leaks, structure fires, and third-party gas facility damages, everywhere in Westchester County where there is natural gas, in a service area covering hundreds of square miles and serving over 235.000 customers.

I'm looking forward to my duties here, especially helping the members of the EMTBravo Network community.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Regards,

Jack

--

Call before you Dig!

http://www.digsafelynewyork.com/

Hi, my name is Brett. I'm a former member with the New Milford, NJ FD and a current fireground photographer. I own BrettsFirePhotos.com and take pride in showing the dedication and honor of our Brotherhood.

:) HI EVERY ONE , JUST INTRODUCING MY SELF, MY NAME IS JOE P. AND I AM A MEMBER OF UNION VALE F. D.

I AM STATION 2 FIRST LIEUT. , EMT STUDENT AND RESCUE DRIVER .

Howdy folks. Chuck from Pike County Communications here. I have been in the service for close to 20 years now as a firefighter, EMT-B and Pennsylvania Fire Police. I have had my own business for almost 10 years now (part time since 1999 and full time since 2001) selling, servicing and installing 2 way radio equipment and emergency vehicle equipment. I still volunteer here in Pike County, PA and it still amazes me every time I see a new gadget or method that makes this job easier or safer. The problem is that now the gear weighs almost as much as the person carrying it. :lol: Anyway, if anyone ever needs anything, feel free to give me a shout. Advice is always free. Thanks, and stay safe.

Hello everyone! My name is Bill Hansen. I am a career firefighter in Stratford, CT. I am the union vice president.

I enjoy flyfighing, camping, and ice hockey.

Glad to be part of the community!

hi everybody, im jim i'm a explorer at Lake Carmel, at 18 i will become a Mahopac firemen. and someday hope to be a career fire fighter.

Well, I guess ill post here...

My name is Steve, formerly known as the pain in the a** 7518 from Peekskill VAC some 11 years ago. Yes, I was the guy who 60 would expect would always get out for the call, but who would always cause the most controversy as well at the end of the day back at the corps.

Currently a Lieutenant in charge of EMS Operations for the University of Minnesota Medical Center in Minneapolis. I was a CFR at 16, EMT at 18 and a Paramedic (with the upstart Cortlandt Regional Paramedics) by the time I was 20. I am also a former 911 dispatcher here in the Minneapolis metro area.

Glad to be here, Im sorry I wasnt here sooner as reading the posts here make me yearn for the days back home. I miss working with the guys/gals in Peekskill, maybe Ill be back someday, but I promise if I am, I won't be anything like the pain in the a** I was back then. :)

Steve

Hi, I am Mooses friend, LOL, he invited me here, I live in Florida, I am an NREMT-B, and I am currently in the Fire Academy, I love to learn, so thats my name on here, Nice to meet everyone, look forward to learning more and getting used to this board.

Hey everyone, I'm Matt, a Probationary firefighter in Beekman Fire District. 12 months from now I'll be 18, and will become either EMT for the Rescue Squad or Fire Police, or a jack of all trades who knows??

Hi all,

I am from South Australia, Australia and have joined to hopefully share some of our gear wiith you and check out some of your gear.

I am a Lieutenant in the Country Fire Service which is all volunteer and i also work for the CFS as an aircraft dispatcher.

At my brigade we run a pumper, large 4x4 pumper and a small 4x4 quick attack.

Here is a link to my station and other CFS stations http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/Station_Dis...ation_Code=HPPY

Cheers Andrew van Ek

Hello my name is Tiffany. I am a 21 year old from Webberville, Michigan now residing with the love of my life and our daughter in Peekskill. Mofire390 and I are planning a wedding for December 13, 2008. I am mommy to the most beautiful little girl named Peyton Marie. She was finally blessed us with her presence on May 6th 2008. I love horses and hope to some day start showing them again. I am looking in to going for my EMT this fall and then hopefully back to school for Pediatric Nursing. I am a nice person and love making friends and meeting new people. :)

Hi, everyone my name is Scott I currenlty reside in Poughkeepsie, and I am a Ham radio operator, call sign KC2OBW, and I am currently a member of New Paltz Rescue Squad.

Rich

Career Firefighter/Paramedic

Arlington Fire District, Dutchess County

Hey Turbo how's things at my favorite company.......how I miss doing my paramedic ride time at AFD station 3 !!!! Be safe.

PVFD233 likes this

Hi my name is Lisa also known as "Pumps" or the "S--t magnet".

I am an RN at VA Hudson Valley Castle Point Campus in Dutchess County during the week and on friday nights my uniform changes and I am a Paramedic for a commercial Agency here in Dutchess County serving the Town of Fishkill, as well as Chelsea, Rombout, Beacon, Glenham, Pleasant Valley, Millbrook, Roosevelt, Fairview and the City Of Poughkeepsie Fire Districts.

Name is Todd Immesberger 18yrs experience fire,16yrs ems. Former memebr with Union Vale, East Fishkill (Hopewell Hose), Hughsonville curent member of St20 with Columbia FD. Worked NYC*EMS pre merger and post merger, Alamo, Sloppy Willen, and NDP at one time or another. Great site keep up the good work. Try to get on when I can to see what's going on @ home. Currently work as a medic with Richland county ems in Columbia,SC.

whats up all im Sal A.K.A. "LT. 5-Thumbs" 11 years being a firefighter 7 of them as a officer with H.F.D in dutchess and a member of the only fire dept. dive team in the county. hey yankee medic whats up ?

Welcome to our newest members. Thanks for joining.

Mike from Irvington, been a volly for 8 years with IFD. Here's our link http://www.irvingtonfd.com/ Was a LT for 4 years, and I work for NYPD in the South Bronx for the past 4 years. Since march my assignment has been Anti-crime.

hey im steve im a volunteer fire man with kent and have been a member for about a year and i enjoy what i do

Hello everyone! I hail from Monroe County. As a volunteer FF and EMT-CC, I am a Lt. as well as President of my department. Check out our web page at www.rushfd.org My daytime job is as a registered nurse at Highland Hospital in Rochester in our education department where I am the clinical education coordinator. I am active with both my county fire association as well as the Firemen's Association of the State of New York where I serve on the EMS committee.

Names Mike...Volunteer FF/EMT from Shelton CT

Allen, Paramedic working on the voluntary side of NYC*EMS. Been in NYC for a year now, been a medic for almost a year, and just started doing NYC 911 in the past few months. Previous experiences as a FF and EMT were in the Albany NY area.

Name is Todd Immesberger 18yrs experience fire,16yrs ems. Former memebr with Union Vale, East Fishkill (Hopewell Hose), Hughsonville curent member of St20 with Columbia FD. Worked NYC*EMS pre merger and post merger, Alamo, Sloppy Willen, and NDP at one time or another. Great site keep up the good work. Try to get on when I can to see what's going on @ home. Currently work as a medic with Richland county ems in Columbia,SC.

Holy blast from the past!!!!!!! MONKEY BOY!!!!!!!! :lol:

Mark here, 25+ year member of the volunteer emergency services. 20 year member of a paid NYS emergency service dept, currently hold the postion of Sgt. on the "C" Tour.

Past Chief and current board of director member in the Wassaic Fire Company located in Eastern Dutchess County.

Great site Seth and mods, only wish I knew of it earlier. There is a ton of knowledge and information passed through this site daily. Stay safe to all!

Greetings from Philadelphia - home of the National League Champion Phillies! OK,..stop pointing the 2 1/2 w/ smooth-bore at me! ^_^

So, what's a Philly guy doing on a New Yawk-based site? Well, multiple connections: I have family in Bronxville and Arlington and I'm the ALS Coordinator for TransCare's Philadelphia Division, so I like to keep up with the parent office. I've been a paramedic for 16 years and involved in EMS for 27! I'm still a semi-active FF who'll probably get more active when he moves closer to The Job.

Oh, yeah,..I also LOVE the Hudson Valley in the fall. My last gf and I spent weeks up there in the fall.

I am brian zee and I'm a volunteer in Brookfield and I am currently tying to get my emt cert and FF1. I am seventeen and a probationary member right now and will be 18 in early 2009. I hope to become a professional firefighter once I finish college where I would like to major in fire science..

Welcome Brian you will find a ton of information, come back often. We have several members that are in your age range also

Hello everyone, my name is Rich, I'm a New York City native currently a full-time college student pursuing a variety (hopefully) of FD or PD careers in communications. I've been lurking here a while, but some may have met me as "catry" on the nycfire.net forums.