Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Greenwich FD Loses Fire Engine During Ice Rescue

9 posts in this topic

While there was a happy ending with the rescue of two boys who fell through the ice of a Riverside pond, the Greenwich Fire Department is dealing with the after-effects of the incident.

The department has lost a fire engine that was damaged as crews raced to the pond

Read More: http://greenwich.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/greenwich-fd-loses-fire-engine-during-ice-rescue

Since when does a busted oil pan require vehicle replacement?

I wonder how long they kept the truck on and the engine ran without oil??? at worst they need a new engine, not a whole new vehicle.

Edited by 38ff

My money is on the paper not getting the story straight. After all we still use "Cherry Pickers" at the big ones according to most news agencies!!

Or maybe they wanted that Engine to be replaced anyway and are looking for a convienent excuse

Bnechis likes this

My money is on the paper not getting the story straight. After all we still use "Cherry Pickers" at the big ones according to most news agencies!!

And of course my favorite: referring to SCBA as "oxygen masks"!

I wonder how long they kept the truck on and the engine ran without oil??? at worst they need a new engine, not a whole new vehicle.

Yea it sounds like it ran completely out of oil and seized up. Nothing much you can do with it at that point rather than replacing the engine. My only question is if they saw the warning light turn on then why didn't they shut the rig off? What could they of needed it on for with a water rescue?

Yea it sounds like it ran completely out of oil and seized up. Nothing much you can do with it at that point rather than replacing the engine. My only question is if they saw the warning light turn on then why didn't they shut the rig off? What could they of needed it on for with a water rescue?

I bet it took a few minutes to drain down enough for the light to come on. By then they were operating and not looking at the dash board.