Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Hudson Valley Fire Equipment Delivers New Command Vehicle To Mount Kisco FD

13 posts in this topic

The Rescue/Fire Police of the Mt. Kisco Fire Department recently took delivery of their new command vehicle. , Hudson Valley Fire Equipment completed the entire conversion with included the installation of the reflective striping and emergency lighting, as well as provided a customer designed rear command cabinet.

Photos: http://hudsonvalleyfire.com/apps/public/news/newsView.cfm?News_ID=39

On a side note, Hudson Valley Fire Equipment is a locally owned small business, and is also the Seagrave dealer for the Hudson Valley, and is responsible for making Seagrave return to many departments in the coming future. They are also a vehicle upfitter, and are authorized dealer of Rockland Command Cabinets among many other brands. Their facility is located in Brewster, NY, near I-684 and I-84. Visit them online at http://www.hudsonvalleyfire.com/

E106MKFD and EmsFirePolice like this

Black huh? Another fire chiefs car that we don't want to look like a fire chiefs car? Who are we hiding from? Or are we just trying to look like a Secret Service motorcade?

Black huh? Another fire chiefs car that we don't want to look like a fire chiefs car? Who are we hiding from? Or are we just trying to look like a Secret Service motorcade?

I agree, on scene IC vehicles should be marked conspicuously. I don't get all the "ghost" lettering and the such. I also feel it's a safety issue when it's black and not marked, there may be some nut job shooter potentially thinking it is the PD. And it's also less visible responding and on scene, especially without reflective striping. Unless you are the PD or have a real reason to be unmarked, the vehicle should be clearly and visibly lettered for the department and purpose. I guess with LED technology coupled with the diversity in locations you can place the light heads gives a real visibility advantage over past warning technologies.

However, most of the staff admin chiefs and officials who have take home vehicles in Westchester and beyond use their cars everyday and respond in completely unmarked Crown Vic's, Tahoes, etc. I don't see how this is any different.

But regardless, this is one of the most awesome Command vehicle setups I've seen in a long time.

I too don't understand the rationale behind unmarked chief's cars. But I do agree it looks very nice. Any videos of the vehicle

My whole thing is no "Ghosts" graphics period for fire cars. If the car has any graphics then it should have a lightbar. On the other hand I don't mind unmarked vehicles as chiefs cars. You look at Mass and a lot of chief cars out there are just unmarked with a little seal in the front fender and fire plates.

I guess no one in MKFD wants anyone to know they are a volunteer fire chief. Ghost graphics, slim line, and black???? Buff much? lol

Considering we have additional Chief's cars in the department that are lettered and marked as fire chief (one White and one maroon) I don't think the MKFD is going for the "Buff" lifestyle. The Mount Kisco FD Chief's cars and company apparatus are designed and purchased by each respective fire company. There is no MKFD department apparatus and therefore I don't know myself about the different specs for this new unit.

In any case Hudson Valley Fire Equipment has outdone themselves yet again and has provided another great vehicle for the fire service. The Rescue Co. is happy with their new vehicle and based on the command cabinets and additional specs I think this unit will serve them quite well. Job well done by Hudson Valley and I wish the Rescue Fire Police best of luck with their new rig.

EmsFirePolice and x635 like this

There is a video of this car on Hudson Valley Fire Equipmemt's Facebook page.

I guess no one in MKFD wants anyone to know they are a volunteer fire chief. Ghost graphics, slim line, and black???? Buff much? lol

As previously stated, the Chief was able to build the car to his own specification. Every other chief vehicle in the MKFD is very clearly labled as such. Does it really matter what color the car is painted? For the record, this car does not belong to my company and the car could be labled more clearly but it does have a ton of black reflective striping. Not everyone in MKFD wants to "buff." The other black chief vehicle owned by the Mutual Engine and Hose Co. looks just like the white car owned by the Hook and Ladder Co., only the vehicle is painted black.

These are my views and I am not at all speaking views of my department.

There is a video of this car on Hudson Valley Fire Equipmemt's Facebook page.

As previously stated, the Chief was able to build the car to his own specification. Every other chief vehicle in the MKFD is very clearly labled as such. Does it really matter what color the car is painted? For the record, this car does not belong to my company and the car could be labled more clearly but it does have a ton of black reflective striping. Not everyone in MKFD wants to "buff." The other black chief vehicle owned by the Mutual Engine and Hose Co. looks just like the white car owned by the Hook and Ladder Co., only the vehicle is painted black.

These are my views and I am not at all speaking views of my department.

Uh I don't know what you think a buff is, but this vehicle is the epitome of buffiness. Whoever the person who speced it was, they felt they were better than having to drive around in a vehicle that actually displays what it is. You want to be the Chief, be the Chief, not some undercover incognito guy rolling around looking like he could be part of a Blackwater mercenary squad in the Middle East somewhere. Its a shame the Commissioners of this district, or whoever signs the checks, allowed something like this to be purchased, its not the Chief's personal car, he should have input only into what he would like to have inside it that might be usefully applied towards the job he is supposed to be doing, he shouldn't have anything to say about how it looks, he gets a free car and free gas, take it as it comes.

FDNY 10-75 and paratrooper75 like this

its not the Chief's personal car, he should have input only into what he would like to have inside it that might be usefully applied towards the job he is supposed to be doing, he shouldn't have anything to say about how it looks, he gets a free car and free gas, take it as it comes.

So how do you explain all the career fire chiefs, emergency services administrative officials, and commisioners with unmarked take home cars like Crown Vics and Tahoes who do the same thing, but without any lettering at all? How is this different?

And, if the Chief who is using the vehicle everyday and is the leader of the department shouldn't have input, who should?

Those people are administrative..this is an emergency vehicle used to respond to calls.There is no need for it to be unmarked or "ghost".The purpose of emergency vehicles are to be seen. The reason police cars are unmarked is to help them perform certain enforcement functions. That isn't the case here.

Those people are administrative..this is an emergency vehicle used to respond to calls.There is no need for it to be unmarked or "ghost".The purpose of emergency vehicles are to be seen. The reason police cars are unmarked is to help them perform certain enforcement functions. That isn't the case here.

The administrative and staff Chiefs respond to calls. And in volunteer departments, the line chief is also the administrative chief. I'm not talking about unmarked police cars, I'm talking about unmarked Chiefs and Commisioner vehicles. I'm saying there shouldn't be a double standard.

post-11-0-04270400-1394996917.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of "ghosting", but that is my opinion and none of my business. It's what the department decides is the best for them. And Mount Kisco is not the first with this type of color and graphics. I also think that in this day and age, sometimes a take home vehicle shouldn't be marked at all to avoid taxpayers misconstruing the purpose. In addition, some developments/HOA's wouldn't even allow a marked take home car on their streets.

Regardless of all this, the thread is about the vehicle, which I think is setup awesome all around.

And here's MKFD's other Suburban, I don't know who outfitted this one:

post-11-0-82870000-1394995226.jpg

And Darien, CT Chiefs car which is similar:

post-11-0-72482500-1394995432.jpg