Anesti

Newark,NJ Swift Water unit

10 posts in this topic

Nice & simple Witch house does it run out of?

11 minutes ago, vodoly said:

Nice & simple Witch house does it run out of?

Engine 19

6 hours ago, Anesti said:

Engine 19

Thanks

Wow. That is BUDGET! I'd expect to see something like that in a backwoods place. But I guess it does the job in a creative way.

vodoly likes this

On 11/13/2016 at 7:38 PM, Anesti said:

looks like they found a chevy cab and attach a boat to it.

a4a5fk.jpg

A truck and a small boat does not make a swift water rescue unit. This looks more like a unit to remove people from a flooded street after a water main break. Im not an expert but you would think one would need dry suits, PFDs large reels of rescue rope block and tackle(just to name a few). 

EmsFirePolice and vodoly like this

Its also possible that their swiftwater gear is kept on the engine/truck/rescue and this is literally just the truck that carries the boat.

x635, EmsFirePolice and vodoly like this

10 hours ago, SageVigiles said:

Its also possible that their swiftwater gear is kept on the engine/truck/rescue and this is literally just the truck that carries the boat.

I am sure the Rescue & E19 carry wet suits Anybody have any pics of Jersey City 's impressive water Rescue unit?

On 11/14/2016 at 8:26 PM, SOUSGT said:

A truck and a small boat does not make a swift water rescue unit. This looks more like a unit to remove people from a flooded street after a water main break. Im not an expert but you would think one would need dry suits, PFDs large reels of rescue rope block and tackle(just to name a few). 

what i heard it was called, didnt come from a newark member though.

I looks like some sort of rear bag in the boat also. Might be the ropes & helmets at least to augment the wet suits on another rig. I know NJ is big on swift water units, I have a friend who's VAC has a team. I seems like it floods there on sunny days.