BCFire05

Would like some assistance for Truck Committee

8 posts in this topic

Good day everyone.

I was hoping to get some help from those of you here if you'd like.  I've been put on the truck committee here at DFW Airport.  We'll be working on specs for some of our structural apparatus in the near future so I'm looking to get a jump on some ideas by seeing what other Dept's have done.

I'm more focusing on compartment organization / layout or even just some unique innovative designs period.  

So if you have pictures of, or can take pictures of some engines , Quints, platforms that'd be much appreciated.

Things I know we're looking to do and I'm having a hard time finding pictures of, is a compartment for the engineers gear and even possibly the captains gear.  We have a lot of guys requesting separate compartments for said gear.  

Other things I'm looking for is just nice compartment layouts.  One of my goals is to get the trucks more streamlined so equipment is easier to get to without having to move 5 things to get to one.  Lol

And again, as stated above.  Any unique ideas that have been done for equipment storage or ways to maximize space.   I've got some local Dept's around that I've gone to or plan to drop by, and I keep my eyes peeled online for more.  Just trying to get as much feedback / ideas as I can.  

Thank you much to anyone who can help out.  

Have a great day brothers!

x635 likes this

Best place for truck pics is on firepics.net.  you have to pay a few bucks for a membership, but it's worth it.  There is one guy down in Texas who takes walk around pictures of the trucks he photographs.  Sometimes he is able to get open compartment pictures. 

LA City keeps their packs and gear on the outside, and there were some good pictures on the thread. 

Up here, South Burlington, Vermont spec'd their rigs to have exterior compartments holding gear and packs. 

We are mid process for a new Ascendant Ladder, and having just visited the factory for our pre-con, I can tell you to be prepared to spend some coin on custom compartments.  If you can think of it, they can build it. 

vodoly and x635 like this

I'll see if I can dig up some of my favorite compartment shots.

In the meantime, I'm in awe of European rigs and how they organize things:

vodoly and Westfield12 like this

Yeah, Europe has its compartment organization on point.  Granted their line deployment and pump set ups are entirely different, but I'd like to think that at some point Rosenbauer would find a way to fuse the ideas of Europe and US together into one impressive rig.

antiquefirelt, AFS1970 and vodoly like this

On 6/1/2017 at 1:34 PM, STAT213 said:

Best place for truck pics is on firepics.net.  you have to pay a few bucks for a membership, but it's worth it.  There is one guy down in Texas who takes walk around pictures of the trucks he photographs.  Sometimes he is able to get open compartment pictures. 

LA City keeps their packs and gear on the outside, and there were some good pictures on the thread. 

Up here, South Burlington, Vermont spec'd their rigs to have exterior compartments holding gear and packs. 

We are mid process for a new Ascendant Ladder, and having just visited the factory for our pre-con, I can tell you to be prepared to spend some coin on custom compartments.  If you can think of it, they can build it. 

Thanks! I'll check it out!

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:46 PM, dwcfireman said:

Which rigs are you replacing at DFW?

Our next in line for replacement should be Truck 34 and Engine 53 I believe. 

dwcfireman likes this