Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Third Watch Tonight

23 posts in this topic

Ya know, I never really was a big fan of Third Watch,and stopped watching after the first season. I recently started watching it when they moved it to Friday night. I'm hooked now, and also like the reruns every night at 11p on A and E.

Tonights episode. WTF happened to Doc! I felt so bad for him, I hope they do not do away with his character. It's wrong what he did, but not entirely unrealistic by any mean (Stress can work in weird ways). I also really like the way Bosco handles things, however unothodox it may be. Anyways, It seems like they are doing away with the Fire and EMS charecters, or side of the show. I hope not. As overdramatized and incorrect as it is sometimes, it's a decent show to watch. I'm looking foward to the new FDNY drama coming to FX as well, which hopefully will spark more FF/EMS-related shows if it is succesful.

Apparatus wise, I liked the ESU truck...also noticed they had the Spartan/Aerialscope and Ferrara Inferno (Both donated to FDNY after 9/11) in the bay. And they finally got some newer ambulances, they appear to be the Ford E-450/Wheeled coach that was assigned as a RAC unit. And Bosco's POV is pretty hot.

I wanted to see this episode all week. A few of us were sitting down around 10 at the firehouse when we got a mva with injuries. Always is the luck when Third Watch comes on. I saw the last 10 minutes of the show. In the 10 minutes that I saw, it seemed like a really good episode!

ooohh man it was unbelievable...you get this weird feeling in your gut when you see Doc march in with full decorated uniform and shoot his captain. I was waiting all week as well.

This episode was crazy! I looked forward to it all week as well. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, literally. Next week looks good too!

Who do ya think is the subject of the 10-13 call next Friday? During the preview, they ended it with an officer screaming 10-13.....I doubt its Bosco, its probaly the new girl although I don't wanna see her charecter go.

I to noticed that about the new rigs i saw the squad truck but i did not see the tower ladder that you are talking about seth. and the 10-13 is going to be for bosco

its probaly the new girl although I don't wanna see her charecter go.
I hate that :censored: , shes the one that messed the show up!

CM36, why do you think they are going to kill Bosco?

Such a great show.

I really don't know what they are doing though... it seems like things are starting to get very sketchy/falling apart - I hope they're not trying to do away with the show overall.

About doc... I'm not sure what they'll do, but how can you keep someone that was in his position still in FDNY or something like that? Seems like that they had to do away with his character (expired contract??)

Such a great show, I like it back in the earlier days more though when they actually had more Fire related incidents rather than now just police/ems (though I'm still not fully complaining)

the pattern is they are doing away with the medics and firemen... talyor was killed... the Lt... jimmy transfered to rescue... Bobby a few seasons ago.. doc well u can bet he won;t be working there any more... rumor has it that 3rd watcxh will become a almost if not entire show about the NYPD... there are no main Firemen in the show any more a few play roles here or there but they are not main characters, the only main charters left are kim and carlos... i guess we will all see where it goes... but expect to see alot more police and alot less fire..

Yea that really blows. I love when they use to show the FF's going into the building with charged lines etc, and the MVA scenes, it was soo real!... It's really ashame that it has to go 100% PD

I actually was unable to catch 3rd Watch on Friday, but did tape it and caught the ending. How messed up was that episode, my god! You had to see it coming though, Doc was losing it, i thought it was gonna be him having a drug problem, he seemed like he was high all the time recently. Never did i expect him to go postal and blast the Capt. But as Seth said, it is not entirely unrealistic. Fire, EMS & PD jobs can be terribly stressful on a person and the job may actually break some people. I too, like Seth, stopped watching the show for a while, but recently got back into it. I was getting aggravated when on each episode a different character was having flash-backs and stuff. I am really upset that there are never any Fire episodes and rarely EMS episodes anymore. The FF characters are pretty much all gone and as HFD211 said, the only EMS characters that are left are Carlos and Kim and Kim is getting kind of sketchy too. I just really hope the show doesn't go totally to the PD. I mean, i love the PD involved episodes, they are really action-packed and i like all the characters, but there are/have been way too many law enforcement shows, especially about the NYPD. I love Bosco, i'd have to say, if i were a P.O., i'd probably be just like him, a total smart-a**, although in "real life" he'd probably would have been suspended or thrown off the force a long time ago! Anyway, i hope they bring back more of the Fire aspect, but it looks doubtful. I just think it must be hard/expensive to do actual fire scenes. Just like the rest of you, i'm sure, i can't wait til this Friday's episode! BFD1054

I really don't like the new schedule. It use to be on a Monday at 10, now its friday. That totally ruined it. Now im really never home to watch it, and I have to tape it. I wish it would go back to Monday Nights.

Because his brother is dealing drugs and i think that he might get in the middle of it again

The whole deal with Doc flipping out was very much related to PTSD over 9/11. He stated that he got this job so he could help people, not "pull bodies from the rubble." It's sad to see such a great character go in such a horrible way, and even sadder to see that 9/11 caused him to go that route. He hated the Captain because he was going to shut down the house, and Doc didn't feel that the area would get good response time.

I agree with the earlier posts about how the show was better when it included more fire action. Bosco is by far my favorite character, but it'd still be nice to see some good fires. I really hope the 10-13 isn't about Bosco. He adds so much to that show. I really want him and Yokas to go back to patrolling together. Those were the good days...

Going back to Doc, it was all adding up...

-His girlfriend dumped him (1st season, when he was getting serious with that girl, and then finds out that she got married years later)

-The Death of Alex

-When he partially paralyzes the kid at an accident scene by not putting on the neckbrace

-9/11 Terror attacks

- loosing his place as supervisor, (Kim took it over)

- Loosing Lou (LT.)

- And having the captain supposedly shut down the house

Everything just adds up, and I guess he flipped a S***..... Perhaps the directors saw this coming? I wonder?

yeah I love Third Watch, it's one of the only shows I will purposely go home to watch.. I love last night episode..Doc really got me mad when he did all that

I thought Doc was going to commit suicide last week when he had the party and then was giving all his old records to everyone. I had an EMS call, so I didn't see the coming attractions for this week, but I figured something was up when the new girl was looking for her gun at the beginning of this week's episode. I think I liked this ending better than if the ESU sniper was able to get a shot off. It gave Doc more dignity.

I wish it would go back to Monday Nights.

](*,)

Check out summary of next show on Feb 27.

www.nbc.com/Third_Watch/index.html

Very dramatic show last week. Need more Fire stuff !!

I would definatly stop watching the show if it became all PD. Just what we need, another police drama. NOT. There aren't enough EMD/Fire shows on TV. Watching Doc on the downward spiral made me kind of depressed. First thing going through my mind was "great, another show/movie showing EMS people as total psycho/head cases". Can't we get a show to actually put EMS people in the spotlight as good people, and LEAVE them there? Thats exactly what Emergency did, and it did it well. But now a days, Producers are more concerned about ratings and "shocking" the audience than the impact thier shows will have on the subject matter it covers.

I did not realize that the guy that plays Carlos was one of the series creators. I saw him on "The Apprentice" a few weeks ago with one of the Producers.

I doubt the 10-13 will be fo Bosco. IF it is, maybe he had another one of his panic attacks. I doubt the mafia will come after him for last week's incident. Besides, we should know better than to worry about what they say in previews nowadays. They usually stetch the truth till it breaks just to grab interest. For all we know it could be some traffic cop/meter maid hit by a car.

Here's web page for supplier of their prop Fire and EMS rigs:

www.movietimecars.com

Also, how can you believe nothing happened when Sgt. Cruz and Yokas shot each other at end of last season? That was so contrived, but in general I love the show. It 's too bad if Nia Long's character ( Bosco's partner) gets written out with Yokas returning.

And here's some more prop Fire, EMT, Police vehicle suppliers:

www.pixxcars.com

www.autofilmclub.com

www.cinemavehicles.com

And the real firehouse used for "Third Watch" exteriors is someplace in Long Island City, Queens. Their studio is Warner Bros. at 196 Diamond Street in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Some of their fire rigs are actual FDNY rentals from it's training division. There is no 55th Pct. in the NYPD.

I missed tonites show ! ( November 19, 2004 )

](*,)

What happened !!

Just cant remember its on Friday nites now!