Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Favorite Rig Color?

40 posts in this topic

Just trying to make a friendly conversation. What color rig do you perfer and do you like matching wheels of chrome wheels? I like the traditional red rig with chrome wheels.

The Traditional White over red with chrome wheels is my favorite

I like yellow trucks and black on red like chicago or bedford village's engine 109. You cant beat traditional white on red though.

Black over red. Port Chester's Engine 61 and TL 2.

Gotta say I like how they do it down in Auburn, white trucks with blue and orange striping(school colors for those non NCAA fans)....War Eagle!

I got to say i like the GREEN and I also Like the blue and sliver ladder truck

White over red with chrome wheels! But even better with the good old Federal SCRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAMER!

ALL RED, DARK RED, Black over red, White Over red, Redtruck, white accents with red top...... ECT :)

ALL RED, DARK RED, Black over red, White Over red, Redtruck, white accents with red top......  ECT  :)

Yes, the dark red are nice

I like yellow trucks and black on red like chicago or bedford village's engine 109.  You cant beat traditional white on red though.

I must agree with TFD125, the black on red scheme on 109 is pretty stunning...especially with the gold leaf and chrome

Black Over Red first choice and then good ole White over Red On Ambo's White with Dark Blue Sliver/Yellow Reflective stripping and lettering AKA Fort Lee NJ's Medic/Master's :)

The traditional red works for me. The black over red is a nice color combination seen on Eng109 and Eng63 and Eng 61 and Tl 2 from Port Chester

Flat Silver over a dark Marroon.. like on the old ALF 900 series.

Yes, the dark red are nice

210 and everyone else

Our new truck is going to be Black over Dark red (it's as dark as the old American LaFrance red). I saw the truck last week at the mfg. I'll post it when it comes in in February.

I do like traditional White over Red, although our newest piece of apparatus runs the Chicago Black over Red, and I absolutely love how it looks! This is the only apparatus in our fleet with these colors, and I will say, I wouldnt be opposed to seeing more like it.

eastfishkill04r.jpg

White over Red (1st Pick)

Lime Yellow (2nd Pick)

Verplanck Irish Green (3rd Pick)

Briarcliff White (4th Pick)

Sorry, Black on Fire Trucks does not do it for me.

I could be wrong but doesn't the Secret Service (White House)

have an all black Ambulance and all black Fire Engine?

I thought I read something about that.

I do like traditional White over Red, although our newest piece of apparatus runs the Chicago Black over Red, and I absolutely love how it looks! This is the only apparatus in our fleet with these colors, and I will say, I wouldnt be opposed to seeing more like it.

eastfishkill04r.jpg

Wasn't this Rescue in a magazine back in January of 05'?

Wasn't this Rescue in a magazine back in January of 05'?

Yes, this apparatus was in Firehouse magazine in the January 2005 issue, page 92, under the "Road Warriors - Fire Departments Showcase the Newest Units in Their Apparatus Fleets" section.

All red or white over red. There ought to be a law !!!

I am a fan of New Ideas when I't comes to this topic. I am a favorite of Black over Red and I Fan of Traditional Red & White over Red. I am on the other hand not to big of a fan of all white, I just think its very plain. I loved this One Department from jersey that runs Silver over Red (Demarest (Bergen County).

traditional red /white with crome wheels. but the blue and sliver and red and black also look hot.

Im sorry but when I started this topic I ment to say I like the white over red with the chrome wheels. (When I was done typing I did not read over my post.)

How could you go wrong with red?

Red is on my side.

I agree with N.R.F.D.~TL-11 with the white over red and white stripe. With chrome wheels.

1- white over yellow w/ white relective striping, blue reflective unit numbers & blue shdowing on gold leaf

2-white over lime w/ white relective striping, white reflective unit numbers

3- red w/ white relective striping & lots of gold leaf

4- white w/ red & gold reflective striping