Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sloty

Yorktown's New Ladder Now In The WC

48 posts in this topic

Very nice truck, it looks like a good choice for a new ladder truck. The work put into this truck is outstanding.

:blink: SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with thenew rig. When is the wetdown?

It is an excellent piece of apparatus, It was spec'd out awesome and is a gonna be a great addition....not to mention its red :D and vergo u changed that background pic pretty quick - dont get too excited it will still be here when u come home

Well, the weather kinda cooperated today. 17 shots of the new Ladder 51 have been posted on EMTBravo.com.

Edited by x635

Well I am glad every one like the new Ladder 51. There was a lot of thought put in to the specs by good group of guys. It took almost 5 years of hard work and looking at many types of ladders and many manufactures. But when it came down to final choice all the penciles pointed to Seagrave. The fact is when you have a ladder that has lasted 37 years your choice is made a little easier

Seth I am glad you had the time to take a ride around town and see first hand how it handles

Thank You.

congrats yorktown ladder looks awesome. i just have one question... after seeing x635s new pics today (very good by the way) i noticed that there isnt a pack built into the officer's seat and im not sure about the others. are the packs in a compartment instead?

congrats yorktown ladder looks awesome. i just have one question... after seeing x635s new pics today (very good by the way) i noticed that there isnt a pack built into the officer's seat and im not sure about the others. are the packs in a compartment instead?

yep, the first compartment on passenger side holds 2 pack, one for driver one for officer, and also the pics by x635 are very good

How about some specs. HD ladder? Tank? Hose bed? etc.

How about some specs.  HD ladder?  Tank?  Hose bed?  etc.

100ft Seagrave ( the leader in Ladders)

500 lb tip load flowing 1000gpm

300gal tank

1000ft hose bed

1500gpm Hale Qmax

NFPA + in ground ladders

13/4 crosslay & 21/2 crosslay both can hold 300ft (we run 250ft)

10kw Harrison

It is also outfited with all the tool of a truck co.

No Hurst Tool (that's R-16 and Sq 270 Job)

To answer the question when the wetdown will be. Well it has to be a lot warmer then it is today. (spring ) You never know it may make Somers parade. We will see.

Which station will Ladder 51 be housed at?? Also, what are the plans for Ladder 68?

What is the overall height of the truck?

Ladder 51 will be housed at Station 1.

124 inches is the overall height.

Congrats Y-Town, the New 51-Truck looks awesome! I love the Seagrave lo-pro's, glad to see one up here!

Best of luck with it and may she serve you as well and long as the former L-51!

Very nice looking rig.  Good luck with it and a great job done by the truck committee.

I havent seen a nice ladder like this in a while.