Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest NewRo-L12

Rescue Me

37 posts in this topic

Does anyone watch the Tv series of Rescue Me staring Dennis Leary? If so what do you think of the 2 seasons that were shown already??

I’ve seen a few episodes, only about 3 or 4, with one of those being the first episode. I heard the kitchen/some of the house scenes were from Yonkers House # 1 or something like that. I thought that was neat. Aside from that, I never really loved the show. I guess I thought it gave Firefighters, especially those who work for FDNY, a somewhat bad reputation. I’m sure some of what the show portrays has/does go on to some extent, but not every Firefighter is an adulterating addict. I know my Uncle of Rescue 3 and my Girlfriend’s father of Ladder 43 both don’t like the show for similar reasons.

The show stinks. It seems like every single person in that house, from the few episodes I saw, seemed like they were more messed up than the next guy.

I met Leary about a year and a half ago at the studio, along with Daniel Sunjata. I thanked him for the toy he bought for us, The Mobile Command Center, and he was rather brusque. Daniel Sunjata was cool. Leary was a prick.

Soap opera with a little firehouse thrown in. Don't like it.

Soap opera with a little firehouse thrown in.  Don't like it.

Haha. Eh, its not that bad. Ill watch it but it gets a little dramatic and boring sometimes. Theres more long BS scenes then calls they go to. Most of the time there at the house fighting or somthing. Just would add some more calls and action. But the begining song/oppening is kinda catchie.

Has there ever been a GOOD fire house fire fighter series. I used to like third watch but it wasnt realistic sometimes with only a little fire and more police and nbc canceled it ?!?!?!?

Emergency! Of course. Season Two came out Tuesday on DVD. I recommend the book TV Firefighters, written by Richard Yokley. It was released about three years ago, and is a great read. BTW, yours truly gets credit for research in the book.

Code Red was pretty good while it lasted.

Has there ever been a GOOD fire house fire fighter series. I used to like third watch but it wasnt realistic sometimes with only a little fire and more police and nbc canceled it ?!?!?!?

That's true but A&E still has it on Fridays @ 8,9,10,AM and replay the episodes @3,4,5,PM

the first season was okay...nothing special....don't like the second season at all...

I would have to agree that Emergency! was a great show for its time. Even though its kinda corny after all these years....I still like it.

the first season was okay...nothing special....don't like the second season at all...

I would have to agree that Emergency! was a great show for its time. Even though its kinda corny after all these years....I still like it.

Emergency, like most shows in those days were worth watching. Most of what you see on TV today is junk in my opinion. Give me a Honeymooner or All in the family Re-run anyday

Andy Mancusi

Chief

Hawthorne FD

in response to third watch about not having too many fires scences and more police and ems scenes....as much as i'd like to see more fire scenes, i guess you have to think in terms of money, that it makes sense why they dont, so you cant blame them TOO much for not doing it. haha, i know it sucks and all, but how many building can you burn down on set or fire-filled rooms where you put actors to act like firefighters. its much easier to create a scence where you tell a guy, "run down the ally and take that bag, then the cop is going to run after you!" or "act like your leg hurts, then a man is going to wrap it and put you on a backboard", then to say "this room is going to start off smoky, then your going to go in with full turnout and scba and find that girl and carry her out, then the room is going to flash and the ceiling is going to collapse on you, and then the FAST is going after you, etc etc" .

other than that, i def. like third watch better than rescue me, hands down. it was more "mature" than rescue me. like many of you said, it was soap opera with very lil fire, and i also agree that it gave firefighters, especially in the city, a bad rep.

IT WAS GOOD, I LIKE IT A LOT.

What about the short lived T.V. series the bravest? How did you all like that ? And whatever happened to it??? I particually liked it a lot, a whole lot better than Firehouse U.S.A Boston that was on Discovery

wasnt the firehouse usa:boston show suppose to have been all fake or something? and thats why they cancelled it? this is just hear say, dont know if it was true...

What about the short lived T.V. series the bravest?  How did you all like that ?  And whatever happened to it???  I particually liked it a lot, a whole lot better than Firehouse U.S.A Boston that was on Discovery

The Bravest was good because it was real, it is still on (reruns i think) really late at night, dont remember what channel tho.

:):) I've got to honestly say in my opinion, as well as those of the majority of Career guys I work with in my Department, as well as my neighboring Career Departments, this has to be one of the most hilarious shows on T.V., because we all can relate to it, in some way or another. Believe it or not fellows, the stupidity and ignorance you see on that show actually does exist within the Professional Fire Service, even in the FDNY. If I ever invited anyone of you who dislikes the show to work one tour with me in my Career Dept., you'd think you were actually in one of the episodes of RESCUE ME! Granted, some of the material is exagerated, but for the most part it's right on the money. Many of the guys I work with could play the roles of those characters on the show without even having to take Actor's Lessons, that's how similar the show is to my JOB! I don't watch the show for the fire scenes because as usual, it's unrealistic and all Hollywood. I enjoy and find humor in everything that happens within the Station and in the characters personal lives outside of work. Maybe because I, along with many of my Career Brothers have either experienced or witnessed first hand, many of these types of scenarios. The only guys I have spoken to that actually dislike the show, are many of the newer and younger FDNY members. The older, senior men actually get a kick out of it because many of them have been there and done that. Dennis Leary has put together a show that portrays characters of all walks of life, who have different but realistic personalities and problems that are present in everyday life. They all come together though putting their troubles aside when the bell hits to achieve a common goal and that is to do their job of protecting Life and Property. I bet if the show was based around another Dept. other than the FDNY, such as BOSTON or CHICAGO many would have a different outlook on it. Anyway, I never met Dennis Leary but I know one thing about him for sure. After his cousin died, who was one of the 5 Worcester, MA. Firefighters that died in the Cold Storage Warehouse fire, he's spent a great deal of his time raising money for deceased firefighters widow's and their families, especially those of the FDNY, and also has donated much needed equipment to the FDNY especially after 911. Like or Dislike him and/or his show, he is who he is and like he said about his show RESCUE ME, sometimes the truth hurts. Nobody's perfect, including Firefighters but he always has and forever will have, an incredible amount of Respect for Us and the job we do. This is something he's continuously stated on more than one ocassion when being interviewed. I'm looking forward, along with many of my peers to see what kind of crazy episodes he brings us next season that we can all relate to once again.

i like the tv show rescue me i saw 1and2 series and it was a good show.

Season 1 was the best, but after that it lost my interest. As for the tv show Emergency!, I recently read that Kevin Tighe, and Randolph Mantoothe had to take the paramedic course, for the show. Something about the producers wanting the show to be realistic in its presentation. To hear the theme just click the link in my signature.

do u have anymore info on that show emergency?

Does anyone know when the next season starts?

The next season of Rescue Me starts in June. :(

there was a preview on the other day it starts july 06

To eveyone that asked when it was coming back on......... The 3rd season of Rescue Me comes back on Tuesday May 30th at 10 Pm on FX.

See for Yourself~~~CLICK

I love the show Rescue Me. I have Season 1 on DVD and I can't wait for Season 2 to come out on DVD and to see what Season 3 will be like, I know it will be great.

Saw a commercial on FX last night, starts tuesday may 30th at 9, can't wait.

When I watch the show I don't think of myself as being associated with the fd, and find it's great. But all the unrealistic things that go on, and all of the negative actions that make all firefighters look stupid i just ignore, so the show doesn't bother me. I could see how a lot of people, volunteer and career could be bothered by the show, and how outsiders could get a general idea about us.