Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CM36

Best Firehouse in Westchester

46 posts in this topic

Who has the Biggest, Best, Oldest, and The most practicle

I would have to say the nicest, oldest Firehouse I have seen is The Village Of Manoreneck Hook and Ladder House which holds Ladder 20

If you like that firehouse get your pictures now. Plans are underway to rebuild VMFD Station 3 (Mamaro) on Plamer avenue and put the ladder companys there with E40. Once this is done, the old firehouse for L20 will be sold.

Oh boy.... i can see this starting a fight...... #-o

I think the Pelham FIre House is a neat old historic fire station..... the nicest though, that is a tough question..... I'm kind of biased towards Katonah.... Banksvilles new Fire House is Gorgeous!!!!! I have the feeling Armonks new digs will be the same way. Oh, DP. Hayes in Pleasantville is another reallly neat old firehouse with the tudor style architecture.

I think one of the nicest stations in the county is probably Ogden Engine in Dobbs Ferry (I'm not saying its the best, but 1 of the best). It was built in the Late1800's, then remodeled just a bit. It's got a great museum on the second floor, and its got a cool apperatus floor. It's also got a nice bar area. It's a great firehouse with a lot of tradition.

There are a few. The Fire House in White Plains in Mamaroneck Avenue is a "Classic". Scarsdale's Fire Headquarters in also a very nice facilitiy.

My personal favorite is Ardsley's firehouse, just because of the history/memories I have with it, and the history behind it.

I think Armonk's new FH will go on my list when complete, and I saw Banksville's recently renovated new Qt's, which is also pretty nice.

Hartsdale Station 1, Pound Ridge, Bedford Hills, Katonah, New Rochelle Station 3,Mohegan Hollowbrook are among MANY others on my list.

Katonah has one of the nicest firehouses. It has plenty of room for all of its truck and more, huge meeting room and a seperate training room. Also, the big grassy field in the back is perfect for trainings and the carnvial they have each year during their parade.

Bedford Village also has a nice house. It has that nice oldtime small village firehouse charm to it. The bowling alley in the basement, need i say more.

Banksville new firehouse looks awesome from the outside, havent been inside it yet.

Armonk's new Fire Headquarters looks like it going to a real state of the art fire house. Cant wait till it finished.

D.P. Hays Fire House in the olde village in Pleasantville is also nice, it has that nice olde charm to it, plus the architecture style when it was built, makes it a nice firehouse

Hafta add Greenvilles Firehouse to my list as well....Think its nice up front, go around to the bays in the back/basement!!!

I know that I'm adding to a really old post here, but, nobody threw in anything about the RYE MILTON HILTON!!

That's a really nice one and when you walk around inside, you can almost feel the history within the walls.

The " Milton Hilton" ............ That's great, I love it.

yeah rye has a huge hotel for one firefighter at night

Banksville new firehouse looks awesome from the outside, havent been inside it yet.

Banksville Independant Firehouse looks awsome !!

......It's also got a nice bar area.......

That's not a bar, it's a service counter.. tsk tsk tsk.. [-X

:-P

What about Mohegan HQ....no love for us up north?

I have to say- Somers' Houses are not Historic, Pretty, or Huge, but they sure are practical!!!!!

Basics- that's all we need to operate!!! =D> =D>

[NquNOPote=spyda313]yonkers hq.

No doubt about it spyda, nothing compares to Yonkers

Station 1. No bars, no rec rooms, no catering or banquet halls,

none of that crap. Just a firehouse that was home to some of the best firefighters around.

It will be a shame to see it go.

Sad to see the "Old Big House" go. Its History (With the Original "Big 3" (Engine 1, Truck 1, and Rescue 1), without a doubt will always be remembered. Then Just Truck 1 (Then Ladder 71, then Tower Ladder 71), and Now TL 71, Rescue 1 and the Mask Service Unit. HOWEVER, the New "Big House" looks to be a really great place. A combination Fire Headquarters/Training Facility (to replace the Ridge Hill Bunker). That should be some facility to see.

Port chester has 3 very old firehouses, each having a lot of history dating back to the begining of the century. Station 4 and 5 both being recently renovated are nice inside as well as out. HQ is scheduled for work and it will be great once everything is complete.

Have to say Ossining FD "North Side" is the best!! Was on a cover assignment while OFD was tending to there LODD ceremony, and definitely enjoyed their quarters. Thanks for the great hospitality and keep us in mind when you get your next 10-75. From your boyz at our "Northside Powerhouse" Engine 119'er.

up north we got it going on peekskill, Mohegan, like 235 said as far as peekskill goes the bggest and oldest both go to TL-45 that station is just the biggest and te oldest put just like that, the most praitcal would have to be 133/ and 131 and the coolest would have to be centennial hose 130.

:D:D I have to agree with cas, Port Chester has historic firehouses especialy HQ. :D:D

I think that headquaters in portchester is the nicest firehouse and oldest.

=D> =D> Now thats Port Chesters best, nice pic's =D> =D>

Yes, the Building in Port Chester is very nice indeed, but as far as being the CLASSIC # 1 Station in Westchester County, Yonkers FD Headquarters is by far THE BEST !!! (Bring Back Engine 1)