Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cutty630

PD Dashboard Cam of Barn Fire

18 posts in this topic

Video of a Large Commercial fire. I don't know where it was but I had found the video on another site I belong to. ENJOY!!!! It's from the dash of a police car, I wonder if the fd ever got there???????

http://www.lufkindailynews.com/news/mplayer/m/7166

Wow, one helluva rip roarin' fire. The video seemed to go on forever, but its amazing that was all captured in only about 5 minutes. It sure took off about halfway through.

just one question where is the apparatus

More than likely its a very rural area and usually out there a district can be 30 square miles with one station.

This fire was in Diboll, TX (EASTERN TX). Diboll is a small town of 5500 people wth a total area of 4.8 square miles. The fire dept. has 35 members with one main station and two sub-stations. The fleets of trucks include 3 – 1250 GPM pumpers, 2 tankers, 3 grass trucks, 1 command post, 2 support trucks and 1 rescue truck.

http://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/hp/co..._barn_folo.html

Edited by MRK303

Just a quick question, does that fire department respond to calls, or are they just there to be there??

Who knows, the police might have gotten it as "report" of smoke, check and advise".

Wow ! Thay reminded me of the Agway store that went up in Bethel in '90

Man don't those cops have dry powders in their trunks ? wink.gif

Police car video from the Diboll Police Department, Diboll, Texas

Many Police cars are now equipped with video cameras that operate automatically when their light bar is “ON”. This video (as well as many others) clearly shows the value of these cameras at fire scenes if they can position their car so the camera is aimed at the structure yet out of the way of fire operations. This is a great video clip that undoubtedly can be of great help to the fire investigators as well as the post incident analysis (critique) as well as future fire training. This issue seems well worth the time to meet with your local PD to ask, that they position a car at all significant incidents, if possible, so as to capture the event on film. There are a number of other good clips floating around that have been taken from a police car camera that have been of great value to the local FD.

Commercial structure fire from the dash of a PD officer. Actually a great video to show fire progression and if you notice it there is a flashover at 2 min. 51 sec. In the five minutes of video the building goes from smoke showing to fully involved self vent through the roof.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXCELLENT VIDEO!!!!! Thank You Mr. Police Officer!

If I pulled up on that when the cop did I'd would have at least struck a 2nd, and a 3rd might not be out of the question.

ohmy.gif talk about spreading quick

wasn't this video posted already? unsure.gif

Edited by nutty1

Actually a great video to show fire progression and if you notice it there is a flashover at 2 min. 51 sec.

Actually that was not a flashover or not conclusively anyway. Or at least you can not determine this from outside the structure. The fact that alot of superheated rich smoke ignites outside is often indicative that the fuel/air mixture has become just right. A flashover is when all surfaces and materials reach their ignition point "simultaneaously" and ignite. In this video we can only see the smoke and roof structure actaully burning.

If I pulled up on that when the cop did I'd would have at least struck a 2nd, and a 3rd might not be out of the question.

Striking advanced alarms on arrival is generally not a great idea, sucessive sure, but kumping alarms creates confusion and can cause the IC to be overwhelmed with incoming units requiring direction. Though I agree in theory and would rapidly and sucessively have raised this fire to a third alarm given our response guidelines.

Striking advanced alarms on arrival is generally not a great idea, sucessive sure, but kumping alarms creates confusion and can cause the IC to be overwhelmed with incoming units requiring direction. Though I agree in theory and would rapidly and sucessively have raised this fire to a third alarm given our response guidelines.

That depends what kind of resources and control you have in your specific department. It's better to have more resources coming in, then to be caught with your pants down and say "Oh Sh--!!" You can always turn the incoming units back if they are not needed. Besides, this is obvious exterior ops. Exactly what is the response time of this department anyway? I would imagine it's a rural area.

We had this discussion the other day about this same video. The departments information is in that post. around 2500ppl in town, with an area of 4.2 square miles. They have around 35 members in the department and a good amount of trucks. Take a look back a couple days for this discussion!

I am sorry if I duplicated this from the other day, I check the site a couple times a day and did not see this. With the amount of post that are done daily on this site, things can be missed.

It is also not easy to see from this camera angle, but it appears their was possibly a flash over if you look at the front middle section of the building. But not being there, I could be wrong.