Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

New Bravo Points System

27 posts in this topic

Members-

We have rolled out a new "Bravo Points" system today.

This is accesible via the "Points" link on the top menu bar of the forum, or by visiting this link:

http://emtbravo.net/index.php?autocom=points

You will earn points for each topic and reply you post. The amounts of points you will earn is specific to each forum, see this chart:

http://emtbravo.net/index.php?autocom=points&CODE=29

Other features include:

-Lotto system for points. Enter the lottery for the chance to win 1,000 points.

-Use the points for discounts or free EMTBravo merchandise (Fall 2007 rollout)

-Use the points for prizes (Fall 2007 Rollout)

-Buy an increase in your total post count

-Bank to deposit and earn interest on points

-Buy display name and title changes

-Donate Points To Other Members

-"Richest Member" rankings

-Many more features.....

Basically, the more topics and posts you make, the more points you earn.

We hope you will enjoy this new feature!

-EMTBravo Network Webteam

Haha, makes me wish I had waited until today to post most of my replies. Some of the areas I posted in earn mucho points.

Well, heres to my first points earnings!!

its gonna be a funny to see all the "quiet" members start chatting and sharing their knokledge with this new point system, i think its a good idea

Anyone who has too many points I'll gladly accept any and all donations. Let's hope, as Ladder44 says, that those who never have anything to say will start posting.

I like the idea. I hope it generates more good discussions and learning ops.

Great idea! ;)

Pretty cool idea...especially if we can get free stuff by posting!

I'm glad you guys like the system.

I've prorated points-for every post you have made before this system went online= 1 point per post previous to July 2nd, 2007. So, effective now your starting points count should be equal to your post count.

As mentioned earlier, the point rates can be found at the link above.

Don't forget to enter the Bravo Points Lottery. For a cost of 5 points, you can win a jackpot of 50 or more points!!!!!

Enter The Bravo Points Lottery

POINTS!! so cool like a arcade for big kids ha ha ha

This is a great idea! I hope it gets all those "lurkers" to join into these posts.

Really good idea. Hopefully this will get the "lurkers" to speak up.

any chance you can give away ipods/dvd players and other sorts of stuff for prizes??? haha :P

Interesting idea. But be careful of those posting meaningless garbage just to earn "points."

Interesting idea. But be careful of those posting meaningless garbage just to earn "points."

That's a good point I forgot to touch on. Any member posting (via our determination) just to accrue points will have said points removed, and a penalty. It will also being considered spamming, which is a violation of the forum rules and could result in the suspension of posting privledges.

Where do we see the points that we have already?

follow the arrows

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

<----------------------------

Edited by Oswegowind

Seth,

I would like to thank you and your administrators for being inovative and willing to to try new ideas in while attempting to make the forum better. At least the board isn't stagnant and boring!!

Duane

THis is a very fascinating system Seth. Best of luck with it, I know I'll try and take full advantage!

-Joe DA BUFF

Great job Seth this is why the board is so good.

What you gona do when they come for you......point police

any chance you can give away ipods/dvd players and other sorts of stuff for prizes??? haha :P

How about I-Phones so you can access EMTBravo and build points from ANYWHERE!!! :P

I think its a great system but as someone here said be careful of the meaningless junk. I've seen things like after pictures a post of just "Cool" and such. The system where posts like this will cost points works to stop it. There are probably a lot of people who just read and don't post now maybe we'll hear from them

Very interesting concept. I hope that it works out the way you invision Seth. Always thinking ahead brother that is definately you all the way.

I did this to earn a point.... :D

seriously though, good idea

It is definately a neat idea. I too hope it brings out the lurkers without leading to a slew of "yeah, what he said" posts.

Congrats to our first Bravo Points Lotto Round 1 Winner, Oswegowind, who won a jackpot of 80 points!

Don't forget to enter the Bravo Points Lotto by clicking the link below, current ticket price is 25 points and Jackpot is currently over 200 points.

It is definately a neat idea. I too hope it brings out the lurkers without leading to a slew of "yeah, what he said" posts.

Yeah, definitely.

I too think this is a great idea. Curious to see what comes of it. I have seen other sites try this type of system, and have it fail miserably. Anyone else know of the Midnight Points Mall? But, judging by what we have seen so far on this site, Seth will make it work. Keep up the good work.