Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ac316scu

Greenbugh PD New Tahoes?

21 posts in this topic

i drove by the greenburgh communications and lighting building today and i saw a brand new white chevy tahoe with a led lightbar on top couldn't see anything but the front of the car. Anybody know if this is gonna be for the GPD or what it is gonna be?

Yes they are Tahoes for the PD. Came through TCD in Mamaroneck

Here's one of the new Tahoes getting equipment installed at the Greenburgh DPW Radio Shops 8-3-07.

Greenburgh PD has been a little unpredictable and confusing with unit assignments the past couple of years. Everything seems to change monthly. Usually, the newest SUV goes to 75, the Civilian Paramedic Flycar that covers the incorporated villages within the town out of Dobbs Ferry Hospital. But now apparently 75 is a GPD Police Paramedic flycar since I saw the officer who is usually in 71 in 75 which had police markings instead of GPD EMS markings, and the civilian Paramedic Flycar is #74, a early 00's style Chevrolet Tahoe with swapover lighting and equipment from the Expedition. 50 and 60 are both newer Tahoes with a brand new lighting package (again, previous body style) that went directly to the PD Patrol supervisors. Community Policing Unit also has an Expedition.

It'll be interesting to see who these new Tahoes are assigned to. I would imagine they would be replacing 72 & 73 (Police Paramedic Flycars), since they both have heavy mileage and use on them.

It's also interesting to note, that at one time Greenburgh Police was a die-hard Chevrolet department. When the Caprice was dropped, they went to Ford's Crown Vic, Econoline Ambulance Chasis, and Expedition. Now, it seems they prefer the Crown Vic's (maybe now because of the easy swapover), and Chevrolet Tahoes.

Anyway, it'll be nice to see these units in GPD striping, although I have my fingers crossed that just maybe it's a "freshened up" design.

Of course, this also could be for a DPW supervisor. Usually, GPD has a mini-Edge on the back of it's SUV's. The DPW Supervisor's Suburbans are quite done up, and the Water Dept. vehicles are similarly lit up.

http://x635photos.com/displayimage.php?pos=-835

post-11-1186164390.jpg

Here's an updated shot with lettering. This one is being assigned to Car 73 as you can see. It's looking good! I hear there is going to be a new front and back console in this vehicle, along with some other new features.

New 73:

post-11-1188324675.jpg

Current 73:

post-11-1188324604.jpg

Looks like a Tahoe that a Storm Trooper would drive

Is it equiped with a tow hitch for the shopping cart trailer??

:lol:

The former Car 73 has been reassigned to the Town Of Greenburgh Communications Divison as Car 193. For photos, click below or visit http://www.EMTBravo.com

http://www.emtbravophotos.com/NewDeliveries/GComm193.html

Looks like it may have been given a new paint job or at least some serious detailing.

It looks like the new Car 72 will be going into service as well. Note the Paramedic marking on the rear side windows- those are also on it's twin, 73, as well.

post-11-1191428641.jpg

On the rear it states SCRU (Shopping Cart Retrieval Unit) and I ask again, has anyone seen if it has a tow hitch for the shopping cart trailer (also known as SCRU1)

Apparently, brush guards are being installed. Too bad they're not white, the black disturbs from the Storm Trooper look, as someone pointed out earlier in this thread. Also don't know if they will be mounting lights on the grill guard yet.

I really think it would be unique if it said "Storm Trooper" in small writing across the front hood, just above the grill where it currently says "Police". These trucks weather every storm Greenburgh sees, so the names fitting! (except Trooper may be confused with another agency). I think I'll attach a little note with my tax bill, lol.

Anyways, here's the photo. Sorry for the blocked shot:

post-11-1192492672.jpg

Seth, there's always Spraypaint! :lol:

Mike

Oh, if they pull into a certain corner of Sunoco for a cup of coffee, and I look out my window and see it, I'm on it!!! Ah, it still looks great, proud of my hometown PD for having currently the nicest SUV in the county, pulling ahead of WCPD's Explorer.

Here's 73, as it looked this morning. Looks like they added some finishing touches if you compare it to the photo above....

post-11-1193345467.jpg

Like it better without the push bumper! They are not moving disableds off the parkways, what so they can push the shopping carts instead of pull em? I know even down in Yonkers most of the new cars if not all are coming with them too...but we don't end pursuits that way so I think they are useless!

Oh, if they pull into a certain corner of Sunoco for a cup of coffee, and I look out my window and see it, I'm on it!!! Ah, it still looks great, proud of my hometown PD for having currently the nicest SUV in the county, pulling ahead of WCPD's Explorer.

Bronxville Police have a very, very nice Explorer.

Like it better without the push bumper! They are not moving disableds off the parkways, what so they can push the shopping carts instead of pull em? I know even down in Yonkers most of the new cars if not all are coming with them too...but we don't end pursuits that way so I think they are useless!

I recall from a bunch of years ago that OSHA doesn't want sirens on the roof any longer, so they put them on the 'pushbar'.... Something to do with tinnitus and other wonderful hearing problems.

I do remember that statement...I also recall a retire County Sgt. (sounds like Deck Her) that used to give everyone lectures about how moving the siren down interfered with its effectiveness...said ground noise flooded it out altogether...

3 Tahoes for GPD 2 -07's 1- '08

Came from Hoselton Chevy in Rochester NY state contract

Cabinets in rear by TCD Mamnk

Console by greenburgh Radio shop

Lights by grenburgh Radio Shop

lots of equip. no rear seats

fast..

stops nicely..

drinks gas..

looks mean.. ur right

cant see it coming really since low profile light bar..looks like roof rack kinda'

led lightbar

sorry no "scru" on the back.. although since im involved with the "scru" at times id like one of these to "scru" in (sorry i had to :P )