Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tdc202

LODD Baltimore County 1-13-08 Jarrett Dixon

15 posts in this topic

BALTIMORE COUNTY FF LODD - HEART ATTACK

Sunday, January 13, 2008

It is with deep regret that we advise you that at approximately 1300 hours, Fire Apparatus Driver Operator Jarrett Dixon, 36 years old, of the Baltimore County Fire Department suffered cardiac arrest and was not revived. FADO Dixon had developed chest pains at work while conducting physical training at his assigned duty Fire Station 5 "B" Shift on Wednesday. He was treated and transported by EMS personnel from his career station to a local hospital. Following a "negative" cardiac catheterization on Thursday, he was released to home. While at home, Jarrett tragically suffered a seizure followed by Cardiac Arrest while being transported by his volunteer company (Liberty Road Vol. FD) EMS to a local hospital.

Fire Apparatus Driver Operator Jarrett Dixon is survived by his 5 year old son, his girlfriend and his parents. At this time arrangements are incomplete. Our sincere condolences to the members of the Baltimore County FD, Station 5 crew, the Liberty Road VFD (Baltimore County 46), his family...but especially his surviving 5 year old Son.

My thoughts are with his family and his fellow company members.

With the word of our brothers passing..all I could think of was DAMMIT....when I saw those four letters again already this year.

My thoughts, prayers, and condolences to his family, friends and to the Baltimore County FD.

Just 36 years old and dead from a heart attack. That's TRAGIC! Along with the 44 year old SP Sgt who died while shoveling snow right here in our area, this emphasizes the need to stay healthy, exercise, and avoid shoveling snow!!!!

Stay safe!

RIP, fallen brother!

Sad indeed for his son. But I doubt this will be LODD. In NYC if it occurs within 24 hours it is a LODD, afterwards its just a regular death. NYC is generally rather liberal with this policy, but as of late is tightening this up. This poor guy was cleared and had an MI four days later, I do hope they give his son the benefits, but only time will tell.

Rest in Peace. Thoughts and Prayers to his family and fellow firefighters. may God watch over them during this tragic time.

RIP BROTHER

May God Watch over his Family and his 5 year old Son

Rest In Peace Brother, my prayers to your son, and your family and friends...Too young...Too many...