Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bababoosky

92.3FM to change formats AGAIN!

35 posts in this topic

I don't know if this has been posted or if anyone has any further information. From what I have heard after the Opie and Anthony show on Monday, 1/21/08 92.3 WXRK (K-Rock) will change its format from rock to Country. I am sure that this will make a number of people as we are lacking a country station in our area, but unfortunately, we lose our ONLY rock station at the same time.

If anyone has anything further, please post. AGAIN, this is not official, just what I heard.

Edited by Bababoosky

UGGGG!GGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? You have a problem with Country Music???? ;)

WHY God what did I do that you have to take the only radio station I listen too off the air. DIDN"T they learn with the FREE FM . It didn't work... Why and why country. Take another station like Z100 off the air and make it country but not the only Rock Station we have. Not again. Is there another pettition to keep K-Rock on the air?????

well at least they're not going back to a all "talk" station! although i must say i miss the booker show, aslong as there is another sation that doesn't make me listen to Z100, im good!

btw i recently do love country, but not so much bluegrass :P

YeS finally a Country Station but it does suck to lose the Rock Station If it all fails Back to the IPOD

As long as they keep Opie & Anthony (& LiL Jimmy Norton) I'll be happy.

It is about time we get a country station in the area. You would think after Garth Brooks did Central Park someone would have made this move before now..................

I know how you guys feel losing your favorite rock station, cause I felt the same way when 103.5 changed their format away from country and again when 101.1 stopped the oldies. Yeah, I happen to like oldies, country and Irish music, and that isn;t in any particular order.

For the record, country music is not my cup of tea. But I think KROC played the same Foo Fighters songs so many times that it drove people crazy enough to actually think about turning it into a country station.

Something tells me the country format is not gonna happen. I found this on the Daily News website.

Opie and Anthony caused a brief stir yesterday when they said Chiusano's departure meant the station would be flipping to a country format, which Chiusano said was not true.

:( :(

......... but unfortunately, we lose our ONLY rock station at the same time.

The solution is easy....

Satellite Radio! I've had it for two years now and haven't looked back. Where else can you have a choice of some 20 rock stations, 5 country stations plus some 100 other stations to listen to when ever you want?

What do you get if you play a Country song backwards?

You get:

-Your Wife back

-Your House back

-Your Car back

Sorry, I just had too! LOL :P

What? You have a problem with Country Music???? ;)

Well if i do listen o the station backwards I will get everything back now right DOC? :P

Seriously though, XRK was by far the best rock station to listen to in the NYC area along with WCCC in Hartford, CT. I'm just sick of the constant format changes a majority of these radio stations go through in a matter of a few years. As for going to Country, heck that is the most popular music style in the nation but the problem I have with its is that the owners are just trying to make easy money and once again they'll be firing good DJs and hiring others to fill their spots. Its just an ugly business lately.

I just hope that if iot is true they area going to country the station succeeds and doesn't turn out to be a station that plays a "click tape" rotation and ruins it for the country fans out there.

As for O & A, I hope they get buried in one of those mysterious "holes" that "pop up" in the desert. (never liked them and just my opinion)

Hopefully this is not true, just O&A messing around. The last time K-Rock changed formats, it was horrible. Absolutely horrible. David Lee roth was unlistenable. In my opinion, Opie and Anthony are not much better. The only good spot in the Free FM wasteland, was the Booker show. Now, K-rock is back, and hoepfully will stay. The only thing they need to do is get rid of Opie and Anthony.

I was just on krock .And it is rock and roll

I hope this was just a false alarm, and that i was just duped by O&A.

as of now its still krock 92.3 oh well whats next???????????????????

as of now its still krock 92.3 oh well whats next???????????????????

maybe 92.3 Kuntry :lol:

I'm spoiled. I can't listen to FM anymore.

Sirius Octane Channel 20 is the BEST!

I'm spoiled. I can't listen to FM anymore.

Sirius Octane Channel 20 is the BEST!

Kayla is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exec who made K-Rock roll is departing

By DAVID HINCKLEY

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Saturday, January 19th 2008, 4:00 AM

Tom Chiusano guided WXRK for over 20 years. Bedder/Getty

Tom Chiusano guided WXRK for over 20 years.

Tom Chiusano, the unflappable suit who guided WXRK (92.3 FM) through the Howard Stern years and several musical incarnations, said Friday he's stepping down as vice president and general manager.

Chiusano will remain through Jan. 25 and then consult for WXRK and its parent, CBS Radio, through June, he told the trade magazine Radio & Records. No replacement has been announced for K-Rock, which has struggled in the ratings since it dropped its Free-FM talk experiment last year and returned to a rock format. K-Rock morning team Opie and Anthony caused a brief stir yesterday when they said Chiusano's departure meant the station would be flipping to a country format, which Chiusano said was not true. It recently hired two daytime rock deejays.

K-Rock morning team Opie and Anthony caused a brief stir yesterday when they said Chiusano's departure meant the station would be flipping to a country format, which Chiusano said was not true. It recently hired two daytime rock deejays.

I guess they pulled your chains pretty hard, huh?? :P:P

O & A are great.

if they could only bring back "Sex for Sam" and taking the homeless shopping.

Not for nothing, in my opinion, K-Rock sucks a$$ anyway! Aside from O&A, their music varity is terrible and is hardly rock at all.

Im a huge fan of music in general, thats why my IPod is in my truck! I rarely listen to FM radio anymore, its all terrible.

Id be all for a country station in this area. The only time i hear country radio is when i head up to the Albany area and beyond. Sometimes i get lucky and can hear it in parts of Dutchess & Ulster counties. I had to go to Gander Mountain in Middletown yesterday to buy ammo and was phyched to hear a few country stations up there, but of course lost them coming back into the lower Orange Co. area.

Either way, id like to see a few more "rock" stations and a couple of country stations wouldnt hurt either.

The solution is easy....

Satellite Radio! I've had it for two years now and haven't looked back. Where else can you have a choice of some 20 rock stations, 5 country stations plus some 100 other stations to listen to when ever you want?

Satellite is the way to go never have to worry about things changing there.

Yeah, I definitely have to agree, putting satellite radio in my truck is one of the best things I've done to it. You don't realize just how many commercials there are until you switch. Sirius all the way.