Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R1SmokeEater

Yonkers Fire Department Jobs from 80's on ..............

258 posts in this topic

Gidron Cadillac on CPA at Palmer.....

The smoke was so heavy at times, it totally obscurred the apartments next door...

img057.jpg

Wasn't this in 2000 when the mechanic dropped his "drop light" on the floor while working on a gas tank? I believe I may have called it in...I was working A20 and was enroute back to Yonkers on the Sprain and we saw a big puff of black smoke all of a sudden!

Correct on the drop light and gas tank....I was in Communications, responded over with Sugrue, put Dan Minerva on the mic for a bit.........."but Dan...it's for the Empress Web Site..........."

I will never forget this fire...being the buff I was (am) I wore my handie talkie on a leather radio strap....well our light blue shirts look like YFD's light blue shirts....I had a fire officer come up to me ordering me to move a fire truck, him looking quick and thinking I was a fireman....I was mortified...I took it off and put it in the truck.

I always used to get the evil eye from then Union Head Pagano.....dont know why...maybe he could smell a volunteer a mile away!

Correct on the drop light and gas tank....I was in Communications, responded over with Sugrue, put Dan Minerva on the mic for a bit.........."but Dan...it's for the Empress Web Site..........."

I will never forget this fire...being the buff I was (am) I wore my handie talkie on a leather radio strap....well our light blue shirts look like YFD's light blue shirts....I had a fire officer come up to me ordering me to move a fire truck, him looking quick and thinking I was a fireman....I was mortified...I took it off and put it in the truck.

I always used to get the evil eye from then Union Head Pagano.....dont know why...maybe he could smell a volunteer a mile away!

So you told me to go to Post 1 and you went to the fire...no way!

mulberry1.jpg

From the chopper:

dickgidron.jpg

Hahahahaaaa! Mike Youre the man! :P

And see! Even there, Tony is fixing to give me the evil eye! :lol:

WOW! Great pictures, what was taking you so long?!?!?! I remember many of those jobs being a buff back then. Keep them coming.

Hotel Fire on Tuckahoe Road, scross from Dunkin Donuts..Holiday Inn perhaps?

img140.jpg

No,the face you see may be Dondi :lol:

That's Chris Williams- a Superstar. I'm in the bucket behind him w/ A.Liberatore- another Superstar.

x129K likes this

...I'm looking forward to being a company officer again soon... :huh:

I wondered what this meant until last night............good luck..

Article from 1938.....................

post-182-1230599388.jpg

Edited by R1SmokeEater
sfrd18 likes this