Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

Westchester Fire/EMS Trunked System

145 posts in this topic

I also believe Elmsford will use the trunking channels when they go duel response with Hawthorne to the Landmark and Home Depot.

Does anyone know if these are compable scanners for the new trunked system? I cant find my manuals and think they only trunk 800 mhz. Thanks. (Radio Shack Pro 2026, 2050,and 2066)

The 2026 will pick up the UHF frequencies used, but will not track a trunked talkgroup.

The 2050 and 2066 WILL track trunked talkgroups.

The 2026 will pick up the UHF frequencies used, but will not track a trunked talkgroup.

The 2050 and 2066 WILL track trunked talkgroups.

Will they all do 400 mhz or only 800 mhz?

According the the Radio Shack manuals referenced in jack10562's post above, neither the Pro2050 or 2066 will scan conventional and trunked systems simultaneously. Newer scanners will do both at the same time.

From what I see, these two trunk tracking radios can scan conventional and trunked systems, but the two system types can't be mixed, they must occupy different banks.

According to both scanners users manuals:

"SETTING THE SCANNER TO THE TRUNK TRACKING MODE

Press TRUNK to switch between conventional scanning and trunk tracking."

This is from the Trunk Track section of both manuals.

The key here is you have to manually switch between modes. They can scan both, just not at the same time.

I learned this the hard way. When the system was first coming on line I purchased a Pro2053 on EBay. It could not scan both at the same time. At least the version I got. The 2053 comes in version A & B. Version A cannot scan both simultaneously, while version B can

Is their anyone planning to switch to 60 control and/or the trunk in the near future?

According to both scanners users manuals:

"SETTING THE SCANNER TO THE TRUNK TRACKING MODE

Press TRUNK to switch between conventional scanning and trunk tracking."

This is from the Trunk Track section of both manuals.

The key here is you have to manually switch between modes. They can scan both, just not at the same time.

I learned this the hard way. When the system was first coming on line I purchased a Pro2053 on EBay. It could not scan both at the same time. At least the version I got. The 2053 comes in version A & B. Version A cannot scan both simultaneously, while version B can

Can someone guide me through the process to program the new trunk system? Pm me. Thanks.

Can someone guide me through the process to program the new trunk system? Pm me. Thanks.

All the info you need is in posts #57, 59 & 60 of this thread.

For some Easier to Read Manuals for various scanners click here.

Edited by SteveOFD

I've had a Radio Shack PRO 97, for a couple months, and I'm quite pleased with it. Works great, real sensative and even a LOT better with the RA77CA antenna!

City Of Mt. Vernon conducted weekly Trunk radio test with apparatus this morning on FIRE 18.

Dobbs Ferry Fire should be switching over to Fire-14 as soon as we get everything squared away in the communications room in Dobbs Ferry PD HQ.

The deparment i belong to switched to it at the beginning of the month. I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL. I am very upset that there is no way of knowing whether or not an engine or anything is rolling. There has to be a better way, there has to be.

The deparment i belong to switched to it at the beginning of the month. I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL. I am very upset that there is no way of knowing whether or not an engine or anything is rolling. There has to be a better way, there has to be.

Well, that was exactly how I felt. But then I did what I had to do. I picked up a trunking scanner. Now I hear even more of what goes over the low band channels, cause I have all UHF to Low band links as well. And I need not hear anything about money, cause I find myself frequently so broke that I can't afford to pay attention, so if I can do it ANYBODY can.

MoFire390, from what I understand, the Minitor V pager is capable of receiving trunked radio traffic. The ToneAlert / Voice page goes out normally over 46.26, (or 33.96, or whatever) and the user could switch to channel "D" which would be programmed to your trunked talkgroup channel.

At the risk of disagreeing, the Minitor V is most definitely not capable of acting as a trunking receiver.

Additionally, Minitors are frequency band specific, so a low band (33-49MHz) pager can not possibly receive the 470MHz UHF frequencies that the WC trunked system uses. It would be nice if they could, but it is just not the case.

Now, if NY would just de-criminalize having a scanner of any sort in your vehicle, we might all be able to get somewhere...

My pro 2066 will not accept a 400mhz trunk. I found the manual and it says trunked frequencies are in the 800mhz band. Looks kike I am buying new scanners.

MoFire390, from what I understand, the Minitor V pager is capable of receiving trunked radio traffic. The ToneAlert / Voice page goes out normally over 46.26, (or 33.96, or whatever) and the user could switch to channel "D" which would be programmed to your trunked talkgroup channel.

jack

What 40-32 Comms states is true. See my post 112 for an explanation of what you are proposing.

Steve

So as of right now there is no pager that can receive the trunking channels correct?

So as of right now there is no pager that can receive the trunking channels correct?

Correct. There is no pager that can directly receive trunked systems.

An interesting tidbit on Yorktown...

Under license WPUW501, 453.3250mHz was allocated at 100 watts of output power for use by the YHFD by the FCC. The license is effective 2/09/05 until 5/16/2012.

Could this be the conventional simulcast of Fire 17? I'll have to take a listen. Anyone from Y-Town with info?

An interesting tidbit on Yorktown...

Under license WPUW501, 453.3250mHz was allocated at 100 watts of output power for use by the YHFD by the FCC. The license is effective 2/09/05 until 5/16/2012.

Could this be the conventional simulcast of Fire 17? I'll have to take a listen. Anyone from Y-Town with info?

Westchester County has addressed this proposal in an FAQ sheet dated 2/19/08 at Westchestergov.com.

I just came across a pending application for additional frequencies for the North Zone of the Trunked System at FCC.gov.

The proposed frequencies for the six North Zone towers are:

470.9000MHz

477.0250MHz

477.0500MHz

477.0750MHz

This request seems odd to me because it only lists one half of the pair of frequencies required for repeater (trunked) operation, and it is listed for FB2/MO (conventional) operation, not the FB8/MO (trunked) classification of the other system licenses.