Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Gas Prices WOW!

67 posts in this topic

Do you people think perhaps the days of the BIG SUV are over ? We noticed it over here, Ford's F truck series has been pulled off the market, small diesel cars are selling like hot cakes now. I can see you guys heading the same way.

NOPE! Not in my driveway at least! I bought a big truck for a reason....

I love my Tahoe - but with 2 kids and 2 hobbies - I still need more room. Soneday I'll be looking for a Suburban or an Excursion. Then I'll have to lift it and throw some decent rubber under it.......

$3.82 in valhalla shell station by kensico dam.

I'm getting average of 45 Miles to a gallon on mine, and it costs me 12 bucks to fill up on premium.

I wish I got that much.. 15 and change to fill up the other day, I need to get rid of the crotcher and get a scooter!

There are so many reasons why we cannot be self reliant with gas production that it will NEVER happen. Forget Liberals, Conservatives, and environmentalists. First and foremost we consume far more than we could ever produce. Next, the Crude we do have is better suited heavier molecules like those used in heating oil, diesel, and lubricants. Another problem is much like their military we're also primarily responsible to Japan for much of their natural resources. We all want more refineries until someone tries to put in our community. Natural Gas terminal for the sound, no go. Blame all the whiny not in my backyard liberals, then why do they have the same expansion problems good old Texas. Its nearly impossible to build new refineries. Just shutdown and rebuild on top of the old ones. So lets go and tap into ANWAR. They are 5 to 10 years away from any production, another 5 to 10 from peak production and even if the best case scenario is right using current consumption and future extrication technology production begins to decline after only 50 years of operation. In short I love my 32mpg with my little civic.

Actually we have enough OIL in the US to survive for at least 20 years. In that time alot can happen. We can take over The Middle East and never have to worry again. Or in that 20 years we can come up with another solution to the problem. So to think that we will run out is silly. We can lower the prices and SAVE THE ECONOMY.

I wish I got that much.. 15 and change to fill up the other day, I need to get rid of the crotcher and get a scooter!

I've got a big Boulevard 1500 Cruiser... I kind of miss my V-Star 650 though - i was averaging 60mpg on that!

$3.82 in valhalla shell station by kensico dam.

yea they generally have some of the lower prices, but the station is actually in north white plains (Rte 22) in case anyone is gas shopping on here.

It would sure be great to see some releif. These prices are getting crazy. I know the land scapers are hahving a hard time.

Just filled up tonight.....

$68.50

:blink:

Just filled up tonight.....

$68.50

:blink:

I MISS those days! :angry:

I hate to add fire to the pit here but if you saw the channel 2 news report the other day many of our congress men and women are leasing cars such as Escelades and paying and paying as much as $700.00 per month....on the taxpayer which also includes gas. So while we have to deal with the price of gas, oil, taxes and food on the rise and people are losing thier homes our elected officals who I thought work for us and are telling us to cut back by car-pooling, buying fuel efficient cars, etc seem to be living pretty large. I guess there is no recession for congress.

Passing by Exxon on Croton Point Avenue in

Croton-On-Hudson last night I noticed:

-Regular $3.99

-Super Unleaded $4.20

:angry:

As the prices go up and up......

Anyone still use Super Unleaded?

Actually we have enough OIL in the US to survive for at least 20 years. In that time alot can happen. We can take over The Middle East and never have to worry again. Or in that 20 years we can come up with another solution to the problem. So to think that we will run out is silly. We can lower the prices and SAVE THE ECONOMY.

We have the oil, but do we have the infrastructure to extract it and process it in time. Hell, we have the largest strategic oil reserve in the world and we could run it dry in 60 days.

Edited by ny10570

Passing by Exxon on Croton Point Avenue in

Croton-On-Hudson last night I noticed:

-Regular $3.99

-Super Unleaded $4.20

:angry:

As the prices go up and up......

Anyone still use Super Unleaded?

Nope. Not me.

As of May 8, 2008

Exxon on Croton Point Avenue

Croton-On-Hudson, NY

-Regular $4.09

-Mid-Grade $4.19

-Super Unleaded $4.30

:huh:

Anyone going to Mohegan Sun make sure you don't buy gas there it's 4.79 a gallon

Ive seen gas prices high in oneonta around $4.15. it's amazing how we see these as high prices compared to other countries where it's even more. nassau Bahamas is $8.00 a gallon and gonna rise to almost $10 by the end of the summer. I was told this by a friend who was on the disney cruise there. It was $5.00 a gallon when I was there two years ago.

Ive seen gas prices high in oneonta around $4.15. it's amazing how we see these as high prices compared to other countries where it's even more.

I think we see these as high because just a few years ago we were paying only a dollar and change a gallon, but $8 a gallon is crazy and at the rate we are going I'm sure we will be hitting that soon.

did NY pass the no gas tax yet??

The Senate passed it but both the Assembly and Governor are not expected to support it.

I have a friend who just got back from Hong Kong and Regular is $5.62/gallon. I have another friend studying in Venezuela and gas prices down there are $0.14/gallon...imagine that!

Gas prices around the US and Canada: www.gasbuddy.com

Yes but if they only earn a dollar per day in Venezuela it is not that big a difference is it? :lol:

How much is milk per gallon in Venezuela?

i just paid $3.79 a gallon in Pawling at Pawling Sunoco. Everyone else is already $3.85 or more

Yes but if they only earn a dollar per day in Venezuela it is not that big a difference is it? :lol:

How much is milk per gallon in Venezuela?

First of all, they sell gas in kilo's in Venezuela and I doubt that it is .14 cents per kilo either. I know that their money isn't nearly as valuable as ours, however their oil producers are still trying to make money and they have their own oil wells too. Even when I was in the Philippines a few years ago, gas prices were right on par with ours when you did the conversion rate, even a little higher and their peso is valued in the same area as that of Venezuela.

Gentlemen, is it just me or did all the oil companies seem to have formed a cartel and marked up their prices? :blink:

It sure seems that way.

Mike

Anyone going to Mohegan Sun make sure you don't buy gas there it's 4.79 a gallon

Why not? You can use your players club points to pay for it!!!! Unless your are going back next week and want the points for dinner it is worth it to use them up.

Oh and $3.93 for Regular on the southern end of Main St in New Rochelle.

The Senate passed it but both the Assembly and Governor are not expected to support it.

Gotta love those Democrats.......

I'm traveling this week and have been in Detroit where i only saw a few stations but it was all over $4 and Milwaukee where its over $4 in most stations but a few are at $3.95.

I've decided not to pay for gas...and I took one of RWC's plates...so if the cops come by Rob, it wasn't me.

Marine gas is over $5 per gallon.

When you say marine gas, do you mean gas stations on the water or is there special gas for boats? I remember filling up my uncles boat on the way to the harbor at a local gas station...

Oswegowind,

Is that what the knock at my door was all about from the man in the Gray Uniform and Purple Tie?

LOL! Thanks Bro.

On a Serious and Depressing note just filled up tonight and:

Exxon on Croton Point Avenue

Croton-On-Hudson

-Regular (87) $4.46 Gallon

-Special (89) $4.56 Gallon

-Super Unleaded (93) $4.67 Gallon

WOW!!!

$5.00 a Gallon is right around the corner!