Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DADAY

Streaming audio

67 posts in this topic

I have been milling around the idea of streaming the audios of 40 control and possibly 60 control.

I am looking to see how many people would like to have this and if its worth my time to do it.

I have it all set up i just need to know what the people think!

I've been looking for a place with a good stream of 46.26... it'd be awesome if you could do that!

I think it would be a great Idea to stream 46.26. I know Scanct.com has the county repeater channel but they also have a bunch of busy CT Departments on the same scanner. I say if you have the ability to do it just give it a shot and see how it works out

Mike .

Great Idea, Jeff Go for it!!!!! =D>

I would love to hear what is going on in the county when i am at work or when i am not home. I think it would be worth your time and effort to get it up and running.

Jeff, go for it. Dont forget to include 46.44 and 46.54 so people hear the whole call. Ya might think about 154.370 or the input if you pick up brooklyn

I think it would be a cool idea, just dont forget to send me the link...ha ha..Thanks

great idea. id listen to it.so when is this going to happen? =D> =D> =D> =D>

i would love to have a site that i could go to and hear 46.26 on when i am at college to hear what is goin on back home. sounds like a great idea go for it

im down...i'm sure everyone would appreciate an exclusive Westchester audio channel online.

Glad to hear you are possibly going to get this done. =D>

I am quite suprised it has not been done as of yet.

A site that would be exclusive to Westchester 60 Control and Putnam 40 Control would do very well. I would like to see the Westchester FD's that have their own frequencies included as well; eventually down the road, if you do get this done.

The way ScanCT is setup is very good, where you have the 8 Different Feed Channels so other FD's (mainly the cities) that may not broadcast on a countywide frequency are included. This method leaves it up to the listener to choose what he or she wants to listen to and that you do not constantly hear something being broadcast, that you do not want to listen to in the first place.

Unfortunatly, the way ScanCT is setup, you are stuck listening to Fairfield along with 60 Control (46.26). They seem to have way more traffic most of the time.

could you possibly include a Yonkers opps stream (484.7125) in there to. or do you know of someone that is already streaming this frequency?

I have been delayed but working on it

Well, C'mon now Jeff let's get with the program, dammit!LOL But it does sound interesting so when you can try 453.5625. I hear more on that one than I do on 46.26.

Oh sure tease us with it and then make us wait.....you know how us buffs are......lol

only kidding daday49

Also consider a 33.96 feed for dispatches

Also consider a 33.96 feed for dispatches

yes please that would be great

Having the Yonkers FD and Mount Vernon FD (Throw in White Plains FD as well) DISPATCH would be IDEAL AND TERRIFIC, in addition to 60 Control !! WHAT ARE THE POSSIBILITIES OF THIS BECOMING REALITY ?????????? ESPECIALLY YONKERS FIRE DEPARTMENT DISPATCH

I think it should be limited to 46.26 and 33.96. The more channels you add the less you will hear.

It is the BUSIEST F.D. Department in Westchester County, By Far. 60 Control and Yonkers should be the Top 2 Streamlined on the Internet !!!

:D:D there is a live Yonkers feed on NJSCANNER.COM..The live feed is of mostly Northern NJ police and fire agencies, but Yonkers is definately on there. The nice thing about the scanner, is that there is an alpha display, so you know what agency your listening to at that moment..they reccommend that you use a broadband connection, and the site takes a minute to load so be patient!

Do you just simply listen to the scanner and they have 46.50 for Yonkers Dispatch as one of their Scanned Channels broadcasted?

yup... all you can do is listen, there doesn't seem to be a way to choose the different frequencies...right now this is the only one that i've been able to find with Yonkers on it...I have a new ant. setup coming in this week, and i should be able to pick up Yonkers fire 5 by 5 from where I am...If thats the case I will definately look into streaming it on the web..stay tuned! :peace:

Please let me know via PM once you have everything up for YFD !!!

MUCH THANKS AND APPRECIATION !!!

streaming audio of 60 would be great, definitely do it

453.875 is the repeater frequency for 46.26 and you hear all the trucks that would be better so that way you hear everything