Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

Starbucks Closings

44 posts in this topic

The list is out and Mamaroneck (Mamaroneck Ave) and Palisade Center Mall (one of the two) are losing a Starbucks. I guess you'll just have to walk two blocks to the next one.

As long as they don't close the ones in Briarcliff, White Plains and in the 3 Barnes and Nobles I go too. Everywhere else has just colored brown water. When I want coffee I want friggin coffee!

Sorry, but I will take a Dunkin Donuts coffee over Starbucks anyday.

No tears coming from me. :P

i'll take the 50cent coffie from the guy on the corner in ny then either.......

I'll second that I like coffee not Starbucks tar.

In the words of Dennis Leary, "All I want is coffee flavored coffee !"

Starbucks - RIP

Where do I find the list? I want to make sure the ones up by me aren't closing :(

~Satarbucks for me~ I think Dunkin's coffee is grossss :P

The ONLY good thing about Starbucks is they treat uniformed services pretty well. Fire/Police/EMS where i've worked have always gotten free drinks. Other than that, i think their coffee is like drinking rams piss. Personally, i'm all about the Dunkin so this doesn't bother me one bit.

Same here! D&D's has the best coffee!

Yeah I'm knd of partial to Duncan too.

I don't see what the big f-n deal is. So ya gotta walk farther to get your $40 mocachino. Big whoop. :rolleyes:

Then again, this is coming from a guy who doesn't drink coffee.

Mike

I don't see what the big f-n deal is. So ya gotta walk farther to get your $40 mocachino. Big whoop. :rolleyes:

Then again, this is coming from a guy who doesn't drink coffee.

Mike

Coffee is an essential component of the 24 hour tour my friend.

I guess that ex Cop from Florida is gonna be bummed out.

When they redesigned the Stop n Shop on Palmer Ave in NR they put a Starbucks in there! There are tables to sit and have your coffee and eat. No thank you, I go to the food to to food shop, not study/read/socialize. Makes no sense to me.

When they redesigned the Stop n Shop on Palmer Ave in NR they put a Starbucks in there! There are tables to sit and have your coffee and eat. No thank you, I go to the food to to food shop, not study/read/socialize. Makes no sense to me.

I'll still stick with my Tim Hortons or Irving Mainway as we don't have Starbucks in my part of Canada

They just opened that one on Mamaroneck Ave, and they use to give us free coffee..... That just sucks!!!!!

I got to admit, I'm not a coffee drinker (and Hap602 can testify as to why!) but Starbucks has some great iced beverages and is a fun place to hang out, especially when you're at post!

Coffee is an essential component of the 24 hour tour my friend.

Never said it wasn't! But why bother spending over 10 dollars a a single cup? I don't feel that amount is justified.

Mike

Don't know what starbucks you've seen coffee at lad, but I get a good cup of my favorite flavor of coffee, which should be the only flavor....BROWN! for just about the same price I get large at D & D which is barely flavored water that happens to have some brown in it. Far from $10. D & D you get regular or decaf, or you can squirt that foo foo flavor stuff in it and that's it. You can't get good latte's from a machine that does everything for you.

Viva strong coffee...viva starbucks or any other company that makes good strong coffee.

I'll still stick with my Tim Hortons or Irving Mainway as we don't have Starbucks in my part of Canada

I dont drink coffee but I love Tim Hortons, it is by far the best chain coffee shop anywhere.

Who cares if they close a few starbucks, maybe now a local business can open in the space that starbucks just vacated. \

Over priced and over rated. I would definately not go out of my way for Starbucks. Actually it is a last resort. I will take Dunkin Donuts hands down if I had to chooose side by side. For the norm--W.B. Law and Green Mountain work just fine. Add a little French Vanilla creamer and I am good to go.

Starbucks seem to do better on the more "upscale" areas. As for Barnes and Noble--I would rather have something other that Starbucks there.

But we all have our own opinion on our coffe. The company does have way too many locations in some areas though.

I think this covers most of our opinions....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p0Uubjv_ZIs

He really shouldn't keep his feeling bottled up inside. He should just let his feelings out, say what's on his mind. And have a double espresso.....

I forget the name of it but some Borders bookstores have a good coffee company in them as well. To be honest while I like Starbucks over D and D...where I work we have a locally owned coffee house and they have some awesome coffee's in there.

If there was ANY justice at all in this world, they'd be closing the "other" Middletown location, and it would revert back to being the Krispy Kreme that it began life as......but then again, I'm s'posed to be on a diet anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter one way or the other. :rolleyes:

If there was ANY justice at all in this world, they'd be closing the "other" Middletown location, and it would revert back to being the Krispy Kreme that it began life as......but then again, I'm s'posed to be on a diet anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter one way or the other. :rolleyes:

Krispy Kreme????? I had them once,and they were GROSS!!!! I have a sweet tooth too,but those things were just too sweet--- YUK!!!!!

DuncanDonuts--- definitely better, especially with a nice large light and sweet DD coffee--- YUM!!!!!

I forget the name of it but some Borders bookstores have a good coffee company in them as well. To be honest while I like Starbucks over D and D...where I work we have a locally owned coffee house and they have some awesome coffee's in there.

I think it is something like Seattles Finest or Seattles Best

Something with Seattle and an adjective about it being good.

bye bye Starbucks your coffee is no worse then hudson river water, I will take a cup of Bella's coffee route 9 and main st in Tarrytown anyday over anyone's coffee