Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Photos- Port Chester early 80's Multiple Buildings

22 posts in this topic

Protection From The Past

Port Chester NY - Multiple Buildings

Location : 141 Willett Av / Abendroth Place (exposures involved)

post-23-1217344581.jpg

"C" side Abendroth Place - Port Chester NY

post-23-1217344823.jpg

PFP

post-23-1217344986.jpg

PFP

post-23-1217345489.jpg

is that a tiller in the 4th pic? if so, whos? thanks in advance.

is that a tiller in the 4th pic? if so, whos? thanks in advance.

I think it is Mamaroneck tiller Ladder 20

Village of MAMARONECK ladder 20, our third due ladder into the village after ladder 31 and tower 2.

If I remember right, DeNigris is still there. They also have a showroom on Tremont Avenue over by St. Raymonds Cemetery.

If I remember right, DeNigris is still there. They also have a showroom on Tremont Avenue over by St. Raymonds Cemetery.

Yes its still at 143 Willett Ave PC. This location also has American Stich Authority GAME and Willett Suds (Laundry Mat)

post-23-1217360760.jpg

Cool shots....have to love that era.....

How many of us would go back to long coats and pull ups if we could?

In the 2nd picture is that a seagrave? I belive it is and thinking it was alte 60's? Anyone know? The pull boots weren't so nice in the winter and getting water in them......

The second picture is of the cab of Ladder 31, a 1981 Seagrave tiller that was just replaced. Also in the first picture is the old Engine 61 a 1974 Yellow Maxim. You can also see the rear of the old Engine 60, a 195? Ward LaFrance. (now owned by our own Engine 58)

You can also see the old Engine 58 a GMC that we called the ice cream truck. (note the white color)

PFP

There's the piece of junk E-ONE that the village paid for. the first one in the hudson valley $90,000.00 dollers to buy it $40,000 to kept it running for seven year's :angry:

:D Ice Cream Truck my tail............ The only thing that truck could be called was a Lemon!

Ya Gotta blame the Chief for that one,we wrote specs for ;) what was supposedly a Seagrave, funny how it turned into that POS that we had to live with. The thing should have been a garbage truck vs a front line Engine. It lost steering over 40 mph and could'nt stop on a down hill. I for one went sideways down hill on a rainy day at 35 mph and damn near pooped my turnouts!!!

Lost two that night. one at #8 third floor window half in half out to bad the other in the basement of #6. lots of fire on arrival from most of the windows. 5% above 0 . dec 4 83 ?

If I remember correctly, wasn't that a rekindle from an earlier morning fire in one of the buildings on the Abendroth Place side?

Thanks for posting all these old PC fire pics BTW. It's really cool.

Any pics from the Irving Ave, Christmas Eve fire right behind HQ, in the early 90's? I was there for that one, even though I didn't show up until after midnight mass.

If I remember correctly, wasn't that a rekindle from an earlier morning fire in one of the buildings on the Abendroth Place side?

Any pics from the Irving Ave, Christmas Eve fire right behind HQ, in the early 90's? I was there for that one, even though I didn't show up until after midnight mass.

It was not a rekindle [sort of] we were still on location when the next building's started to burn. found later that the basements were conn :o ected

HaHa ANG,You were covering me that night

Frank , Yes I have B&W photos of Irving Av Fire. Fire is out but you can see the damage to all entire block.

I will post soon. Hoping you have some of your Westchester pics for us. Thanks.