Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Cop Impersonator Robs Woman at Gunpoint on Taconic Parkway

17 posts in this topic

Cop impersonator robs woman at gunpoint on Taconic, police say

By Terence Corcoran

The Journal News • September 16, 2008

YORKTOWN - State police are searching for a man who, while impersonating a police officer,

stopped a woman on the Taconic State Parkway and robbed her at gunpoint.

The incident took place around 5:45 p.m. Saturday on the northbound side,

just south of the Croton Reservoir, police said.

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008809160344

POLICE ARE LOOKING FOR THIS SUBJECT:

post-3-1221550572.jpg

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Light-skinned Hispanic Male, about 40 to 45 years old

5 feet 9 inches tall with a muscular build. Bald and clean-shaven and

was wearing a blue T-shirt with cargo pants.

Chevrolet Tahoe with Blue Lights on the dashboard

Anyone with information is asked to call New York State Police

at 914-742-6400 and should ask to speak with an Investigator.

WOW..... Saturday night on the TSP at 5:45 PM?

Someone had to see something!

CATCH THIS GUY!

I am told as per the BOLO issued over the radio he may have had

some type of NYPD insignia on the shirt.

(Not Confirmed)

... With a blue light. Another great representation of the fire service (if you read some of the comments on that article)

... With a blue light. Another great representation of the fire service (if you read some of the comments on that article)

I believe that may have been an error in the article. Saturday I heard the hotline update on Peekskill PD's freq, and they advised that a red dash light was displayed. Although the victim may have stated blue after the initial update.

Edited by DonMoose

Captain Realmuto of the New York State Police also stated at the Press Conference

that a Blue Light was used.

Captain Realmuto of the New York State Police also stated at the Press Conference

that a Blue Light was used.

Thanks for confirming RWC.

The reader/resident comments posted on the pojonews forums are insane...I really can not belive some people are so.....misinformed.

did they catch the bastard yet? hes making the fire service look really bad and now people will fear pulling over for us real fireman who have to get to a call

did they catch the bastard yet? hes making the fire service look really bad and now people will fear pulling over for us real fireman who have to get to a call

To my knowledge they haven't caught him yet.

And, since nobody pulled over for blue lights anyway, it shouldn't be a problem getting to calls.

I don't think there are very many motorists out there who would pull over for vehicles displaying a blue light or even know what it's for, anyway.

To my knowledge they haven't caught him yet.

And, since nobody pulled over for blue lights anyway, it shouldn't be a problem getting to calls.

Well, I know at least one person that pulled over for a blue light.

Can't anyone buy a blue light? Just because he has one, that doesn't automatically make him a firefighter.

he most likely isnt a fireman but any one can get access to blue lights red lights sirens whatever you wan just go to galls.com

It's way to easy for people to get there hands on this kind of stuff.

Correction! He's not making the entire fire service just the guys that drive around with the blue lights thinking that they can do what ever they want!Like trying to go around ppl,going through lights and my favorite speeding to a fire and please don't anyone say it doesn't happen!!!!

Wow, lets settle down people! Enough with the blue light BS please! Yes they can be obtained easily, yes SOME vollies are total whackers and out of control efd, but lets keep all that out of this thread!

Unbelieveable how a member can post important info about a serious crime and it turns into the blue light topic (again).

With the internet especially, anybody can buy any kind of light in any color....so the color is really irrelevant except for identifying the suspect.

Let's not forget, people illegally aqquire guns and use them in crimes everyday....it's a similar thing.

There's actually a whole website dedicated to this. A little extreme however: http://www.policeposers.com/