Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WCDES-FTA

A Moose?

23 posts in this topic

OK- I might have been dozing off and dreaming but did I just here on trunk Fire 13 , that somebody had a dead Moose in there district?

OK- I might have been dozing off and dreaming but did I just here on trunk Fire 13 , that somebody had a dead Moose in there district?

Heard the same. LOL sounds like Goldens Bridge on 684, with a vehicle striking a moose. They need the tanker now to wash down the remains lol

what a mess, i just came back from bronxville tonight and came upon it. couple hundred feet of cleanup ahead

Had heard there was a moose spotted recently in ridgefield,could be him/her.

Yes it was infact a Moose. It managed to damage 9 cars. Fortunately no one was seriously injured. Except the Moose he fell under the category of obvious death

A dead moose and a nine car pile up!!! Goldens Bridge

Pics?!

We have pics. Our website is in the midst of being rebuilt and should be online soon. This incident will be a good one to get initial interest in our website ;)

DOT had to come with a front loader and bury the carcass on the side of 684. We washed the road down and had to close NB 684 for an hour to do so. The debris was approximately 2/10 of a mile long and everywhere in sight in the right lane. It was very fortunate that no one received serious injuries except obviously Bullwinkle. I *believe* 6 out of the 9 cars were towed (but I can't swear to that number). One car flipped over, occupant crawled out with our assistance, the initial vehicle struck had it go over the windshield and the others received damage to the front ends and engines.

Journal News Article

Edited by breezly

My brother dies and you want to see pictures? Sick bunch!!! lol

I would crap myself.....sitting in my treestand...and a MOOSE walks by!

Better not let Chief Ralph hear you say that

A moose gets hit by a car minutes from NYC two days before Sarah Palin is appearing at the United Nations. Coincidence? I think not! NYSP should find out Ms. Palin's whereabouts at the time of the accident.

I ahve been going to vermont for 10 years< i now own part of a cabin right near the derby line 15min from canada. i have not seen a moose in prolly 5 years dead or alive up there but there is moose signs everywhere. I got deer hunting up there yet never seen one. I just get back form there and we have another one in westchester.....weird

My wife and I have gone to the White Mountains in NH for many years hiking the AT between the AMC huts and never saw a moose up there.

Edited by ajsbear

Global Warming :lol:?? Heading South for the Winter?? :D

Putnam County had a resident moose for a while, till DEP killed it- i believe it was a very friendly moose, DEP declared it ill and killed it

Bears and moose, whats next???

Was there a squirrel near the moose :P ?

Edited by rfdu39

Putnam County had a resident moose for a while, till DEP killed it- i believe it was a very friendly moose, DEP declared it ill and killed it

uh-uh that wasn't DEP, it was the State DEC, who killed it.

wait wait wait wait..............A moose???? In putnam county??

What? :o:lol:

Interesting.............is the grill on? :P

What would Palin think? Good potential for mooseburgers.