Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

FDNY's "Next Generation" Engines

41 posts in this topic

This photo is being posted by myself and behalf of and with full permission of JJPINTO, who is the photographer of these photos.

MANY thanks go out to Joe for sharing this AWESOME photos with us! Thanks Joe!!! (We'll be getting more from Joe of new FDNY apparatus in the future)

2008 Seagrave

post-11-1225842177.jpg

(Photo: Joe Pinto)

pretty nice rig looks like the cab has more room in it compared to previous models

I love the new FDNY Marauders. The only thing I do not get is the half LED and half halogen lightbars...

I love the new FDNY Marauders. The only thing I do not get is the half LED and half halogen lightbars...

Maybe it is a dependability issue, although LED's seem to last way longer than conventional halogens. I like the cab too, it looks really user friendly. I really like the short wheelbase and the short body. What is in that box on the roof?

LEDs are great, but they offer no depth perception, while halogen bulbs tend to reflect off of buildings better. Each type of warning light preforms best under different weather conditions, etc. The box is extra storage, for water rescue / SOC support? hazmat, etc, depending on company need from what I've read on other sites.

Edited by grumpyff

I got to see Engine 88 the other night at the Sedgwick 2nd alarm. It’s interesting to see some of the new features on the engines. Two intakes on the front, dual intake on the officer side, raised roof, split-tilt cab, opening seating with a new seating arrangement, 2000 GPM pump, two additional suction hoses... just off the top of my head. The Seagrave website has all the new deliveries on there. Two in my area I are noticed 63 and 43 Engine are complete. The city will receive 69 new engines over the next 3 or 4 years.

I beleive the box on the roof is a tool box. I saw an article in FAJ and if I remember correctly that was what was stated. Also I think the lightbar having both LEDs and the rotator would be more benifical as having two different light styles as it might catch the eye better than having one style of lighting. Kind of like different flash patterns.

The new trucks that are coming in will also have the same style cab.

i like those new trucks, and all the the trucks are getting replaced with them now or when the rig need to be replaced?

If they wanted Condos we would have parted with E121.

Correct me if im wrong but arent they all led's with the different housing?

They are a combination of LEDs and halogen rotators. There are some pictures on main page of www.fdnytrucks.com that shows the rotators and LEDs. Does anyone know who makes these and where one could get one?

Two intakes on the front, dual intake on the officer side, raised roof, split-tilt cab, opening seating with a new seating arrangement, 2000 GPM

Looks pretty nice .I'm curious to get a look at this new seating arrangement anybody got pics of the interior?

Edited by texastom791

There are only two halogens, i believe, the two outer lightbars have the halogens on the back half of the bar and LEDs on the front half.

I love the extended roof, we have two older apparatus with short roofs and it is a pain for putting gear on especially for the big guys, our newest engine has the extended roof and it is the best thing in the world.

Edited by lafd55

Looks pretty nice .I'm curious to get a look at this new seating arrangement anybody got pics of the interior?

There are photos floating around somewhere of the interior. It looked really spacious and well laid out. A lot of room for the four guys back there. There also looked like there were going to be racks for a set of irons on the inside.

Spoke to a friend of mine in an unknown Bronx Company who got theirs a few weeks ago. It's got a LOT of get up and go. Stops on a dime(read very sensitive brakes) and is kinda tough to turn. One of the bosses doesn't like the box in front of the deck gun, and it was OOS mechanical for the third time already on Wednesday.

I am going to guess here that the new emissions stuff is going to be a really tough change. All the conditions that have to be met before an auto regeneration, or force a manual one--still alot more "stuff" to break!!!! We have done 2 manual regen"s on our newest rig and it has not been placed in service yet.

whats the overall height of the truck?...looks like if you put those SOC boxes on the roof they wont fit in the bay

Ditto. BEAUTIFUL rig though. Good luck with it FDNY.

This is a video describing the whole truck and has the new layout of the inside and everything.

This is a video describing the whole truck and has the new layout of the inside and everything.

Thats the video I was looking for last night.

At least wiyth the Q we will know a fire truck when we hear it.

There are only two halogens, i believe, the two outer lightbars have the halogens on the back half of the bar and LEDs on the front half.

I love the extended roof, we have two older apparatus with short roofs and it is a pain for putting gear on especially for the big guys, our newest engine has the extended roof and it is the best thing in the world.

Should not have to worry about getting dressed on the rig. Either dress before you get on or dress when you get off. Our rigs don't roll until everyone is seated and buckled up.

At least wiyth the Q we will know a fire truck when we hear it.

It's an electronic Q, and to ask some of the guys who ride in 88, it sounds like a cat being slaughtered.

299, what exactly don't you like about it??