Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

City Of Stamford (CT) Fire-Rescue New Engine 5 Quint

18 posts in this topic

City Of Stamford, CT Fire Rescue

Engine Company #5

New 2008 2008 HME Ahrens Fox Arsenal Quint.

2000 gpm

650 gal water

35 gallon class B foam

75' aerial.

Photos and info by and © of P. Tripodi, posted with permission

post-11-1227726096.jpg

post-11-1227726103.jpg

post-11-1227726115.jpg

post-11-1227726123.jpg

post-11-1227726131.jpg

post-11-1227726138.jpg

post-11-1227726147.jpg

post-11-1227726162.jpg

post-11-1227726168.jpg

Photos by and © of P. Tripodi, posted with permission

Looks nice, what will the staffing be for this rig?

very nice, best of luck

Engine? Ladder? Is it confused? Engine Ladder 5? :lol:

Very impressive Engine, it really packs a punch! Small, carrys a lot of water and hose, powerful pump, and has an easy to deploy aerial and elevated waterway if needed.

Stamford Fire-Rescue has a really great fleet with these new HME-Ahren Foxes, especially the versatilty the Quints give them in some neighborhoods.

BTW, great shots Pat!!

The rig is being operated as an engine company with one officer and three firefighters minimum. The company's first due district is the Woodside area with automatic mutual aid response into Turn of River and Belltown. The company is also part of the technical rescue task force with Rescue Co. #1 so it will run on any technical rescue call in the city. All personnel assigned to the station are cross-trained.

In the 70's and 80's E-5 ran with a Hammerly pumper with a 50' Squirt so the idea of an engine with an aerial device is not new to the station. Also in the late 70's Truck Co. #4, which ran out of Station #4 (covers Shippan Point, the Cove, and the East side), was shut down and E-4 received a Pierce pumper with a 50' Squirt as well. Back then the squirts had a five person minimum.

Currently E-5 and E-6 operate similar HME Ahrens Fox quints as engine companies. Truck Co. #2 is also running with a Sutphen 100' tower ladder that is also a quint but runs as a truck company.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Stay Safe

Capt. Pat Tripodi

Stamford Fire Rescue

Station #5 - E-5 / R-1

Pat ,Nice pix,stay safe and happy thanksgiving >The gibbgang

The rig is being operated as an engine company with one officer and three firefighters minimum. The company's first due district is the Woodside area with automatic mutual aid response into Turn of River and Belltown. The company is also part of the technical rescue task force with Rescue Co. #1 so it will run on any technical rescue call in the city. All personnel assigned to the station are cross-trained.

In the 70's and 80's E-5 ran with a Hammerly pumper with a 50' Squirt so the idea of an engine with an aerial device is not new to the station. Also in the late 70's Truck Co. #4, which ran out of Station #4 (covers Shippan Point, the Cove, and the East side), was shut down and E-4 received a Pierce pumper with a 50' Squirt as well. Back then the squirts had a five person minimum.

Currently E-5 and E-6 operate similar HME Ahrens Fox quints as engine companies. Truck Co. #2 is also running with a Sutphen 100' tower ladder that is also a quint but runs as a truck company.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Stay Safe

Capt. Pat Tripodi

Stamford Fire Rescue

Station #5 - E-5 / R-1

Capt. Tripodi,

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Any feedback on your likes and dislikes of the rig now that you have been running it for a while?

Do you see a change in thinking in how it could best be used to it's full potential?

For instance, if E5 is coming to me second due and I have another non-quint engine coming to me, I think I would be better to have the non-quint engine lay out to a hydrant, rather than having the 75' aerial as a hydrant piece.

Are there any special considerations for apparatus positioning of a quint as opposed to an engine or conventional truck?

How much LDH supply hose does E-5 carry?

Thanks,

Pat Kilbride

Belltown Volunteer Fire Dept.

E-41 / E-42 / R-44 / T-45

Capt. Tripodi,

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Any feedback on your likes and dislikes of the rig now that you have been running it for a while?

Do you see a change in thinking in how it could best be used to it's full potential?

For instance, if E5 is coming to me second due and I have another non-quint engine coming to me, I think I would be better to have the non-quint engine lay out to a hydrant, rather than having the 75' aerial as a hydrant piece.

Are there any special considerations for apparatus positioning of a quint as opposed to an engine or conventional truck?

How much LDH supply hose does E-5 carry?

Thanks,

Pat Kilbride

Belltown Volunteer Fire Dept.

E-41 / E-42 / R-44 / T-45

Pat,

So far we are pretty happy with the rig. It's bigger than our old standard pumper (that is now E-2) but we can adjust to that. As far as the BFD utilizing us, it depends on what the IC needs to accomplish. If the IC is aware of E-5 and E-6's capabilities they can make the call on what operations the company will perform (engine, truck, or both) upon arrival. The big thing is that if we are to utilize the aerial we will need access to the building just like any other truck company.

The rig carries 900' 5.0" LDH.

Stay Safe,

SFRD49

A/K/A Capt . Pat Tripodi

Pat,

So far we are pretty happy with the rig. It's bigger than our old standard pumper (that is now E-2) but we can adjust to that. As far as the BFD utilizing us, it depends on what the IC needs to accomplish. If the IC is aware of E-5 and E-6's capabilities they can make the call on what operations the company will perform (engine, truck, or both) upon arrival. The big thing is that if we are to utilize the aerial we will need access to the building just like any other truck company.

The rig carries 900' 5.0" LDH.

Stay Safe,

SFRD49

A/K/A Capt . Pat Tripodi

Pat,

Thanks for that, it is a pretty sharp looking rig.

Pat

I saw this quint pulling out the of woodside house today responding to a call...That is one awsome rig...I love the chevron and light combination on the rear of the rig...Stamford did a great job with it!

Pat,

Thanks for that, it is a pretty sharp looking rig.

Pat

Capt, is this the last quint that the SFRD is getting or is the eventual plan to replace all the engines with quints? Hope all is well with you.

Capt, is this the last quint that the SFRD is getting or is the eventual plan to replace all the engines with quints? Hope all is well with you.

I really don't know...sorry.

Stay safe

Nice looking ig good luck