Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Snorkels?

79 posts in this topic

Hey mark that one picture of the snorkel at the wassaic state school was that the tunnel fire?

Y Building arson fire was the same week as the tunnel fire on the WDC grounds, Dover's truck was also requested to the scene. You go SIGNMAN, love that full stash you were sportin then!!

Brewster 11-5-1 Ford/Young/Snorkel. 1971 or 1972 if I remember correctly, credit to the original photographer

post-17-1228066951.jpg

Thats an old picture look at the cars in background

Y Building arson fire was the same week as the tunnel fire on the WDC grounds, Dover's truck was also requested to the scene. You go SIGNMAN, love that full stash you were sportin then!!

I remember the tunnel fire i was one of 2 guys from Dover that was packed up that could fit down the man hole up on top of the hill

Were you one of the luck ones that joined me in the decon trailer with the damn cold water before making the trip to the Sharon Hospital ER

:rolleyes: Hey mark, Remember you had some kinda thing you where sportin too !!! :lol:

Were you one of the luck ones that joined me in the decon trailer with the damn cold water before making the trip to the Sharon Hospital ER

Thats negative we were never sent in

Wouldn't be the only time it got stuck in the mud from what I've heard!

The old East Fishkill rig was sold for scrap this summer, it is sitting at Effron's junkyard on Smith St.

The main gears in the turn table went

The old East Fishkill rig was sold for scrap this summer, it is sitting at Effron's junkyard on Smith St.

The main gears in the turn table went

Awww, thats sad!! Wish I could afford to buy it outta scrap.

Doesnt Verplanck or someone near there have a Bronto? Is that considered a snorkel?

Yes Verplanck does have a bronto skylift irishfire2491 can better help with this question im not sure if it is considered a snorkel

Does a Bronto telescope as well?? Or am I thinking of the Pierce Sky Arm??

I found a couple of old pics of PFD Truck 2. The first one is with a new Engine 2 ,I believe in the spring of '65.The second is a drivers side shot taken at the same location.

#1 post-1241-1228086239.jpg

Awww, thats sad!! Wish I could afford to buy it outta scrap.

The old EFFD truck was sold for scap $4500.00 go for it

The old EFFD truck was sold for scap $4500.00 go for it

Than comes the problem....not having $4500, lol!!

Than comes the problem....not having $4500, lol!!

Well..... If you sold your camry, and all your blue lights you could make up 4500 bucks!!! lol

Yes Verplanck does have a bronto skylift irishfire2491 can better help with this question im not sure if it is considered a snorkel

The Bronto Skylift is not consider a Snorkel. The Bronto Skylift is and E-ONE truck which is in service right now, However Verplanck did have a Snorkel piror to the new ladder. I miss the snorkel it was a great truck I loved going up in the bucket wish it was back in Verplanck. I was trying to find the old link that had the picture of Verplanck Snorkel 2 which was sold off (However I can't remember off the top of my head who has it, but I do remember there is an old picture on here, if any one can find the link.) It is not hard to find it is still GREEN. lol (Hope this works)!!!!

how's this

post-16297-1228098477.jpg

a John Kenealy photo taken from cnyfiretrucks.com/uv/verplanck.html

Edited by markmets415

And here is their current ladder

post-16297-1228098626.jpg

Brings back memories, must be getting old, thanks for sharing Dan.

Nothing like the battering rams coming off the fronts of many of the old snorkels. Its a shame they don't make them more like the old ones.

The Bronto is an articulating aerial device but not a snorkel. The one thing I can say that makes a snorkel stand out from a Bronto is that the Bronto is way more technical and has a lot of safety features on it that you have to be cognizent of. If you don't go through your steps correctly the device will shut down. This means up or down.

Sky Arm's is an articulating aerial device. It also can serve as a ladder tower. I haven't gotten extensive time on this type of device other then at shows but it seems very easy to set up..no different then a regular ladder tower set up.

The Bronto is an articulating aerial device but not a snorkel. The one thing I can say that makes a snorkel stand out from a Bronto is that the Bronto is way more technical and has a lot of safety features on it that you have to be cognizent of. If you don't go through your steps correctly the device will shut down. This means up or down.

O T-MAc We know We have done it Several TIMES!!! It has been getting better tho, But there are to many saftey switches on it and no main control box to tell you what saftey switch tripped, You must resort back to the manual and try to find out what you may have done and try everything to reset it. Pain in the A$$.

I was reading something awhile ago about Brewster's snorkel going to Pawling for a fire, might have been at Trinity Palwing School????

the truck a 1971 and yes it was at the Pawling Trinity fire

img024.jpg

FF/EMT Killmer in the bucket, and FF Streans on the ground man I wish all these guys were still members.

the truck a 1971 and yes it was at the Pawling Trinity fire

Thanks DFD, I found the article the other day looking for snorkel pictures and then of course I could not find the article again.

Edited by markmets415