Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
effd3918

Winter Storms 2008

108 posts in this topic

here in Broome they calling for 1/4 ice and 10 inches of snow 6am tomarrow - noon friday

BRING IT ON and the calls to go with it LOL

:( Sorry, 22 south to put county! :(

oh well i tried :blink:

"Now how many of you think that the schools will all close on the forcast alone"

I'm surprised it hasn't happened all ready ;)

hell..I still have huge leaf piles on my grass! I hate snow!

Yeah, like he said!!!!

"Now how many of you think that the schools will all close on the forcast alone"

I'm surprised it hasn't happened all ready ;)

Hope not im working nights and you know they will be closed friday 3 day weekend

I hope we don't get any ice or snow tired driving in it when other drivers don't know how drive in the first place

reports call for ice thursday morning and ice for friday dosent look like any snow will fall. it can snow and ice all it wants more overtime for snowplowing and sanding.

Heard something about Pine Plains being in a state of Emergency. Not sure if it's ice or flooding Anyone know?

WOW!!!!!

Northern Dutchess was BLASTED!

The Taconic was a war zone!

Some snaps while driving...Slate Quarry Road. This was mid day;

100_3068.jpg

Nice Pics and yes north got slammed

Nice Pics and yes north got slammed

Seems you have alittle more time tonight than last night!!!!

Seems you have alittle more time tonight than last night!!!!

Dont jinx me :P

Nich pix!!! guess we got real lucky down here in Southern Putnam, and Northern QWestchester!! Thanks for sharing!!

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO4 PM EST WEDNESDAY

...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A WINTERWEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN...WHICH IS INEFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 PM EST WEDNESDAY.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE MOHAWK VALLEY...EASTERN CATSKILLS...GREATERCAPITAL DISTRICT...TACONICS...MID HUDSON VALLEY...SOUTHERNVERMONT...BERKSHIRES AND THE LITCHFIELD HILLS...WHICH IS IN EFFECTFROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 PM EST WEDNESDAY. SNOW WILL BEGIN THIS EVENING...MIX WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN LATE TONIGHT OR WEDNESDAY MORNING...WITH THE MIXED PRECIPITATION TAPERING OFF FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. TEMPERATURES WILL WARM ENOUGH IN VALLEY LOCATIONS SOUTH OF ALBANY SUCH THAT THE MIXED PRECIPITATION WILL CHANGE TO RAIN IN SOMEAREAS ON WEDNESDAY. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 4 INCHES AREEXPECTED FROM THE CENTRAL AND SOUTHEAST CATSKILLS...THROUGH THE MID HUDSON VALLEY AND TACONICS TO THE SOUTHERN BERKSHIRES ANDLITCHFIELD HILLS...WITH 3 TO 6 INCHES FROM THE EASTERN MOHAWKVALLEY AND NORTHEAST CATSKILLS THROUGH THE GREATER CAPITAL DISTRICT TO THE NORTHERN BERKSHIRES...AND 4 TO 8 INCHES FOR THEWESTERN MOHAWK VALLEY AND SOUTHERN VERMONT. ICE ACCRETION WILLGENERALLY BE UP TO A TENTH OF AN INCH...EXCEPT UP TO A QUARTER OF AN INCH OF ICE ACCRETION IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE SOUTHERN TACONICS...SOUTHERN BERKSHIRES AND NORTHERN LITCHFIELD HILLS. THE MIXED PRECIPITATION WILL RESULT FROM A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEMWHICH IS EXPECTED TO LIFT NORTHEAST FROM THE TENNESSEE VALLEY LATETONIGHT TO LAKE ONTARIO WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON...AS A SECOND LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM FORMS OFF THE DELMARVA PENINSULA AND QUICKLY MOVESNORTHEAST PASSING EAST OF CAPE COD LATE WEDNESDAY.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...ORFREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FORSLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILEDRIVING.

Edited by Patch6713

Geat im sure Dutchess will be next

The have one also, same advisory.

The counties included are -

LITCHFIELD-

BERKSHIRE-

SOUTHERN HERKIMER-

MONTGOMERY-

SCHOHARIE-

SCHENECTADY-

SOUTHERN SARATOGA-

ALBANY-

RENSSELAER-

GREENE-

COLUMBIA-

ULSTER-

DUTCHESS-

BENNINGTON-

WINDHAM

Date: 12/16/08

Time: 19:00

Frequency:

Units Operating:

Description Of Incident:

Writer: ... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM EST WEDNESDAY...

THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY... FOR SNOW... SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN... IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM EST WEDNESDAY.

A LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOWFALL... WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN WILL AFFECT THE REGION. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 3 TO 6 INCHES IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE GREATER CAPITAL REGION... EASTERN CATKSILLS... HELDERBERGS... NORTHERN TACONICS AND NORTHERN BERKSHIRES. A GLAZE OF ICE UP TO ONE TENTH OF AN INCH IS ALSO POSSIBLE IN THE EASTERN CATSKILLS. 2 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW... WITH UP TO ONE TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE IS EXPECTED ACROSS EASTERN GREENE... COLUMBIA... SOUTHERN BERKSHIRE AND NORTHERN LITCHFIELD COUNTIES. 1 TO 3 INCHES OF SNOW... AND UP TO ONE TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE MID HUDSON VALLEY AND SOUTHERN LITCHFIELD COUNTY.

SNOW WILL BEGIN THIS EVENING... THEN MIX WITH AND EVENTUALLY CHANGE TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN FROM SOUTH TO NORTH LATE TONIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING. TEMPERATURES WILL WARM ENOUGH IN SOME VALLEY LOCATIONS FOR MIXED PRECIPITATION TO CHANGE TO RAIN ON WEDNESDAY. THE PRECIPITATION WILL TAPER OFF FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST BY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.

THE MIXED PRECIPITATION WILL RESULT FROM A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WHICH IS EXPECTED TO LIFT NORTHEAST FROM THE TENNESSEE VALLEY LATE TONIGHT TO LAKE ONTARIO WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON... AS A SECOND LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM FORMS OFF THE DELMARVA PENINSULA AND QUICKLY MOVES NORTHEAST PASSING EAST OF CAPE COD LATE WEDNESDAY.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW... SLEET... OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES... AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

well if there is precipitation its snow for sure!

I hope we get NUTTIN!!!!!!! Let all the snow fall on the ski slopes!!!!!

It certainly feels and smells like snow...but.........I HOPE it goes away.

Its snowing here in Poughkeepsie. Already got a dusting on my car!

I hope all the yahoos don't end up with me in the ER tomorrow morning.

Its snowing here in Poughkeepsie. Already got a dusting on my car!

I hope all the yahoos don't end up with me in the ER tomorrow morning.

Dont worry buddy ill be bringing them into your ER just to see your face