Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tbendick

Pelham Manor - Working Fire - 12/31/2008

38 posts in this topic

Great ** pics Tom!!! Take a good feed???

Edited by jack10562

Smoke wasn't too bad, it was the embers and the wind.. They were blowing across the yards with some force and hitting you in the face.. Then got hit with the line a few times and froze the camera up good, had to use the exhuast from a rig to free the dials to change settings.

UMM, Sorry for asking, but what was White Plains doing at a fire all the way in Pelham? Wasn't there anyone closer to resond w/ an aerial?

UMM, Sorry for asking, but what was White Plains doing at a fire all the way in Pelham? Wasn't there anyone closer to resond w/ an aerial?

New Rochelle our first due mutual aid company was in Yonkers. 60 Control just went down the list.

There were multiple incidents ongoing at the time. Greenville and Fairview were operating on the Sprain Brook Parkway at a double fatal MVA, Yonkers had a 3rd Alarm where New Rochelle had 1 and 1 covering as well as an Engine from Hartsdale, Hartsdale was also on standby for Greenville so Greenville Ladder 4 could not relocate due to their incident, Once their personnel cleared the parkway L4 relocated to Pelham I believe

Edited by HFD201

nice pics looks like it had a good head start on you guys

Was the WPFD ladder sent to the scene or was it in PMFD quarters because im not trying to nit pick or monday morning quarter back but it seems that if it was going to the scene then Ladder 34 with the 20 something minute ETA as per mapquest from their fire house is more than twice the time it would take either FDNY ladder 51 or 61 to get to the scene.

Im just asking questions because I remember hearing something about FDNY not liking to respond to something either out of the city of NY or go on stand by or something like that.

Was the WPFD ladder sent to the scene or was it in PMFD quarters because im not trying to nit pick or monday morning quarter back but it seems that if it was going to the scene then Ladder 34 with the 20 something minute ETA as per mapquest from their fire house is more than twice the time it would take either FDNY ladder 51 or 61 to get to the scene.

Im just asking questions because I remember hearing something about FDNY not liking to respond to something either out of the city of NY or go on stand by or something like that.

fdny does not just send a ladder or an engine mutual aid to westchester so white plains is quicker and it is the way the chief in pelham manor setup his mutual aid plan,

why are you so concerned about who showed up when it was posted how busy the first mutal aid partners were at the time???

Mutal Aide from NYC is slow.. You can't call the dispatcher and ask for 1 and 1. There is a big process before they will send rigs out of the city.

Only change is box 8555 on the parkway, which is a dual response.

OK Well that explains it. Thanks. I figured it was something along those lines, because I know it's a really good run for them. I always thought it'd make more sense for FDNY, but I guess they can't just send a single piece on mutual aid everytime someone wanted one.

Edited by fsw1970

Hate to bring it up, but I saw between the Eastchester, Pelham Manor and Yonkers alarms that the entire lower county was busy, but I didn't see Mt. Vernon in any of the rundowns. Were they not available or just not requested?

Not sure about the Vern last night but I know the Y-O tried to send NR to the Vern after being released. THAT wasn"t happening. ;)

Not sure about the Vern last night but I know the Y-O tried to send NR to the Vern after being released. THAT wasn"t happening:

Hey Firediver If I'm reading this correct, good for you guys, you finally got a clue. As for Mt. Vernon not supporting towns and villages close by: makes you wonder how well MA really works. There's no doubt we owe more then we give, and what thought is being put into these lists that are made up by leaders in other cities??

If one of them is Mt. Vernon cant man its own job, there right

Lets see: Greenville at least 20-30 minutes for arrival

Mt. Vernon to Pelham Manor: 4-6 minutes. Wonder why??? Cant be were using a system designed during WW2, Na silly of me.

Maybe politics, Na, no way would our leaders think of such a thing.

I know when we showed up with a Yonkers truck, we would confuse everybody and then this MA system would have to take a time out and start over.

Happy New Year.

PS Some one just sent me Pics of the job and I saw a White Plains truck, gee now I take back all I said MA must be working, White Plains is much closer then Greenville.

Edited by jloftus

Mt. Vernon did respond to a commercial alarm in Pelham Manor during the fire.

Not sure about the Vern last night but I know the Y-O tried to send NR to the Vern after being released. THAT wasn"t happening. ;)

Not sure what you mean by this but Yonkers doesn't try to "send" New Rochelle, or any other department anywhere.

L34 and E-71 Were enroute to stand by in PMFD quaters but never got there, was told by 60 to go to the scene.

Edited by DR104

Regardless, doesn't FDNY only come into Westchester for work? I'm pretty sure they will not just come up to standby in someone's headquarters.

Outside of some special catastrophe FDNY will respond to the scene of an incident, but only after the dispatcher contacts I believe the Chief on Duty and Operations Chief. There are incidents where FDNY was assigned in border areas due to wrong addresses where they operated with Westchester departments and a few cases of FDNY going mutual aid, but its not often.

Mt. Vernon did respond to a commercial alarm in Pelham Manor during the fire.

Didn't see it on the cad system. Was a run made out for this?

Only change is box 8555 on the parkway, which is a dual response.

Not to nitpick. This is only for insane buffs.

The box is 8999. 1 & 1. FDNY N/B FROM E 233 ST.

sorry tom

Just a question - is Greenville part of Greenburgh or something? I've lived in the lower Westchester area for years and never heard of a "Greenville." I see they responded - that's why I ask.

Edited by cfman

Not to nitpick. This is only for insane buffs.

The box is 8999. 1 & 1. FDNY N/B FROM E 233 ST.

sorry tom

Is there a similar box for other three north/south highways in the Bronx?

Just a question - is Greenville part of Greenburgh or something? I've lived in the lower Westchester area for years and never heard of a "Greenville." I see they responded - that's why I ask.

Greenville is one of the three fire districts in the unincorporated town of Greenburgh, with Hartsdale and Fairview being the others.

Another perspective...

post-4772-1231772684.jpg

post-4772-1231772758.jpg

post-4772-1231772797.jpg

post-4772-1231773052.jpg

All these images are the property of the Westchester County Department of Public Safety and may not be copied, reproduced, or published for any purpose without their written consent.

post-4772-1231772836.jpg

Wow sweet pics Chris. Looks like a cool toy, I need one of those :P

Wow sweet pics Chris. Looks like a cool toy, I need one of those :P

For just 3.5 million dollars you too can have one! :P

Chris you should put up the infered photo that was an awesome view