Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oswegowind

Plane Down in Hudson 1-15-09 Discussion/Additonal Info Thread

131 posts in this topic

It was taken from the group on the web FDNYing. It was post that night by one of the members on the group.

CPage

Actually I wrote up the original; my apologies for not posting it here, I usually make it a policy not to post rundowns so long after the fact.

http://lohud.com/article/20090205/NEWS/90205012

The audio recordings, released Thursday by the Federal Aviation Administration.

One of the things that has always impressed me when listening to this or other ATC tapes of emergencies such as this is the calm, cool, and collected voices on the radio. THAT is the sign of a true professional and a reflection of training and experience!

One of the things that has always impressed me when listening to this or other ATC tapes of emergencies such as this is the calm, cool, and collected voices on the radio. THAT is the sign of a true professional and a reflection of training and experience!

You'd think he was a cop, or something... B)

They (pilots like Sully) get that cop voice thing going and, if done correctly in a moment of extreme duress, will get pretty much anyone to stop, reconnect to the situation, and do whatever the big authoritative voice is telling them to do. Very impressive, even to those old-timers like me not impressed by much anymore. <_<

Someone has way too much free time lol

You mental bastard!! That's the most ridiculously funny thing I've seen since the terrorist puppet clip. Thanks for having so much time on your hands! Seriously, every time I drive by the goose ghetto off the Taconic I'm gonna laugh because of this cartoon...

i thought that band broke up years ago

Them and their big heads of hair. One hit wonders