Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

Funny PD transmission

9 posts in this topic

This was sent to me recently and I had to share it because its a good laugh. The call is over the CT Police radio hotline between Hartford and East Hartford. I remember this transmission the day I heard it an nearly fell out of my dispatch chair laughing!

Play the file with Windows Media Player and not with iTunes (for some reason the file hangs up with iTunes).

hartford_hotline.wav

Too Dam Funny...

Similar situation a ways back. Some guy got hooked up for DWI I Think. While in the back of the detective Car (No Cage) and the officer was outside, he was able to get to the microphone of the radio and push out a MAYDAY or something. from what I hear units from 3 surrounding departments were headed in before they figured out what had happened and he was "Politely Spoken To".........

Great audio clip, thanks for sharing. It will be in my head all day

I'm sorry, that is just hilarious. I love the dispatcher cracking up in the background. Great find Izzy.

Edited by SageVigiles

Thats way too funny Thanks for sharing that :lol:

I remember this transmission the day I heard it an nearly fell out of my dispatch chair laughing!

I almost fell out of my chair listening to it right now!! I can't get over this, but to be completely honest, it isn't the first time I've heard of a scenario like this happening (or maybe it WAS this incident I had heard of in the past).

We had a person in the ER one day acting out, he was being held for a psychiatric eval, and didn't want to be there, so he called either the local police, or 911, and was telling them about him being held captive. The police then proceeded to ask what the scenario was, and when they heard WHERE he was being "held captive" they called the ER, and verified the "situation". This happened about a month ago!

If I remember right I was working still at CSP in Bethany when this transmission happened, it was 5 by 5 over the statewide hotline!