Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gpdexplorer

Mock Car Crash Spring Fall 2007

22 posts in this topic

I figured I'd post some pics for the new Training/Drill section.

Here are some pictures from a Mock DWI Car Crash at Quinnipiac University in Fall 2007 that my fraternity and another student organization put on.

Agencies involved: Hamden PD, Hamden FD, American Medical Response

post-938-1235256225.jpg

post-938-1235256245.jpg

post-938-1235256277.jpg

post-938-1235256303.jpg

post-938-1235256329.jpg

post-938-1235256365.jpg

post-938-1235256385.jpg

post-938-1235256434.jpg

post-938-1235256450.jpg

post-938-1235256456.jpg

Great pictures...Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing the pictures

post-938-1235256819.jpg

Was bringing the hearse to the scene to cut down on time, lol. Looks like a very good drill.

Great Pictures, and a great topic More schools should do thisaround prom time. I think it makes a very good point.

Great Pictures, and a great topic More schools should do thisaround prom time. I think it makes a very good point.

Chris that's a good idea. I remember when I went to Sleepy Hollow HS, they would have a car from a DWI wreck on display right before prom to drive home the point. I also remember my senior year Sleepy Hollow PD was doing the "beer goggles" and Westchester County PD had the driving simulator set up to simulate what its like to try to manage driving at various BAC's.

Chris that's a good idea. I remember when I went to Sleepy Hollow HS, they would have a car from a DWI wreck on display right before prom to drive home the point. I also remember my senior year Sleepy Hollow PD was doing the "beer goggles" and Westchester County PD had the driving simulator set up to simulate what its like to try to manage driving at various BAC's.

Yeah, North Salem High did one a few years ago. It was a few days before the prom, and one of our mrmbers played the roll of the DWI. They actually took the kid off school property cuffed and stuffed. HAHA He said his wrists hurt for a while after that. It will hopefully teach the lesson.

great pics when i was in high school arlington did a moc accident in front of the high school it was like this kids thought that it was real

Nice pics thanks for sharing

If only every accident occurred over a tarp...think how easy of the clean up...hey now that I think of it...a blue carpet instead of the red...what a snub...lol.

Only question I would like to ask one person in the photo is what is with the lying across the hood and what needed to be accomplished in that position?

Also damn victims...the unrestrained DOA laying across the hood of the one car would kill my mojo as I like to do reverse flaps with roofs and lay them on the hood.

I helped organize one a few years ago with the SO when I was a senior in high school - I don't think they have done one since but I like to think it was effective.

Edited by FiftyOnePride

I too, did one of these for my senior project...WAAAAYyyyyyyyyy back in 1993!

In East Fishkill we did a mock DWI crash 2 years in a row at John Jay.... One of the years a student spoke as an impact speaker and told the story of her dad that was killed in the DWI accident on the TSP, it was a really sad sad story...Kids were crying, which they should be. It made a significant impact on the students. Apparently it made such an impact on the students that apparently it was cited as being 'too real' and (dont quote me on this ) it upset the students. So since about 2006 we havent been able to do another mock DWI accident. Since then we have had 1 kid flown out the morning after prom (we cut him out of his tux) and flew him to WMC, more recently (not in my district) there was a kid who went to JJHS was DWI in the morning, hit and killed a elderly man (which was very publicized in the PoJo, which im sure many people heard about) and then there was another kid who died on 216 (which wasn't ETOH/Drug related). During the fall there was an accident right on 52 in front of jay involving an a****** student who was driving like an idiot and hit a woman in a van. One of the principals was there and i introduced myself to him and i asked him why haven;t they had a mock DWI accident in almost 3 years...Apparently he was new and just came to JJHS from arlington and he said that he would look into it. I'm just curious how many more kids we have to watch die in order to get our point across? I can't stand to hear when young kids die in car accidents, esp ones that are DWI? Sorry for the rant ...lol

- K i feel better now...lol

Great shots and thanks for sharing, never had one of these when I went to school, come to think of it did they have cars then?

Nice pics GPD, Fire Science Club at UNH does one of these every year for Alcohol Awareness week as well... great way to spread the message. Only we have a club member as the "DUI suspect" who gets arrested by Campus/West Haven PD... I always thought that was a nice touch. If you guys ever need anything to help set one of these up, let me know, I'm sure the club would be happy to assist you guys.

Thanks Sage, I will. We have one of our fraternity brothers get "locked up" by Hamden P.D.

I am very interested in having a mock accident at one of the colleges in my district. Anyone who has organized this kind of event in the past please send me a PM so I can ask a few questions...

Thanks

JBJ

I am very interested in having a mock accident at one of the colleges in my district. Anyone who has organized this kind of event in the past please send me a PM so I can ask a few questions...

Thanks

JBJ

Is Manhattanville in your coverage area? My son will be going there in the fall.

Manhattanville College and SUNY Purchase are both in our district.

nice pics and Since i am a Senoir right now at JJHS it think this would be a great idea to do before prom this year if possible

Nice pics and a good idea. would be a great example to show the local teens in the Hen Hud area.

I remember when I was a JR and SR in high school the school resource officer had a car that was in a fatal with a bunch of teens comming from prom I think 3 out of the four where DWI and lived and the 1 who was sober didnt make it.