Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billy98988

Mount Vernon NY (Firefighter) Exam Open For Filing

15 posts in this topic

A diploma or GED isn't required?

A diploma or GED isn't required?

HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION

i guess not, kinda weird.. possibly because you can be 17.5 years old to take the test?

i guess not, kinda weird.. possibly because you can be 17.5 years old to take the test?

Try again

possibly because you can be 17.5 years old to take the test?

You can be 17.5 years old to take almost any Civil Service test, and they'll require you to have a H.S. diploma at the time of appointment. The real reason for this is very *wink* *nudge*, so I like how Lad12derFF said it

Try again

Just Google Map street view Mount Vernon and you will understand. You're not in Vails Gate anymore partner...Yee Haw!!! :lol::lol::lol:

If you don't live there or intend on moving there-save your money! an organization within the city has been known to come knocking on your door to see if you are in fact a resident. Who gives them that authority is a big question but it has been done many times in the past! Good Luck!

just posting for general knowledge.. sorry I am not a civil service expert..

You don't have to have a diploma or a GED, but I think a rap sheet is required

... an organization within the city has been known to come knocking on your door to see if you are in fact a resident. Who gives them that authority is a big question but it has been done many times in the past!...

You mean those Spock guys from Star Trek, right?

They finally took the monkey bars off?

I was wondering what the municipalities were going to do when the county switched to the CPAT for the physical agility. The monkey bars were removed from the training center.

I was wondering what the municipalities were going to do when the county switched to the CPAT for the physical agility. The monkey bars were removed from the training center.

Don't know what they will do, but the county wanted to no longer have the municipal test and only do the CPAT. They reversed position when they found out that the county & state were included in the original vulcan case and they must provide for it or they can be in-contempt of the federal courts.

I filed for the WP test a while back, but is there anyway i can crossfile the results with this one?

Edited by 99subi

Now that's a Dept. where there should only be one list regardless of residency.