Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xfirefighter484x

Cairns N5A New Yorker

21 posts in this topic

Up for sale is a Cairns N5A New Yorker, black, size large. Helmet was worn by the previous owner for a grand total of 1 month, and never by me, as it is too large for me (which I found out after purchasing). Helmet is a 10/10, and unless told, wouldn't guess it was ever used. This helmet has a set of Bourke eye shields installed.

Helmet had reflective tets removed, but they are cheap and easy to replace.

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/category...drons_bars_etc/

The original owner removed the ratchet adjuster, but it is included, and can be re-installed.

Please PM for further details.

7cce_1.JPG

Sounds like a perfect helmet for x648eng119.....

Get the leather man, do it! :P

Haha, Dan, after I got off the phone with you, I remembered what your signature said. If only I had the funds to survive without selling this, I would gladly donate it for 32-2 or 67-1!!!

too bad we can't use 'em in my town :(

Off topic but why is that????

Sounds like a perfect helmet for x648eng119.....

Get the leather man, do it! :P

Are you buying it for me? :P Cuz I still love my 1010, and I'm not about to spend $400 to replace it!

$275. cash in hand!!!

Ladder 34 - i am actually not sure y not, i was just told i cannot use them. i will ask for a reason though. didn't have time to when i was told no. i'll get back to you

Ladder 34 - i am actually not sure y not, i was just told i cannot use them. i will ask for a reason though. didn't have time to when i was told no. i'll get back to you

You are probably not allowed to use them because they are not OSHA approved but they are NFPA approved. Someone correct me if I switched it up accidentally.

pm me with what your looking to get for it.

99subi

just remember that is alot heavier than your current helmet I have a couple leathers just make sure you want to where it on your head lol

I have one also and at first the weight difference is very noticeable but after a couple of weeks I got used to it. Now I absolutely love my helmet and I would never go back (willingly) to the plastic ones.

You are probably not allowed to use them because they are not OSHA approved but they are NFPA approved. Someone correct me if I switched it up accidentally.

You got it. N5A's (New Yorkers) are NFPA approved. N6A's (Sam Houstons) are OSHA compliant. Not much different in construction from the outside but the difference is the space between the leather crown and the impact cap on the inside. As for the particulars of construction this I am not certain.

Some new pics of the helmet:

CIMG0330.jpg ohhi3252

CIMG0329.jpg

Well at least you're displaying the helmet for sale on a better truck (at least it's seen more fire)... although the first one is faster I bet LOL..

Bump for the buff bailout

Well at least you're displaying the helmet for sale on a better truck (at least it's seen more fire)... although the first one is faster I bet LOL..

Bump for the buff bailout

Lol, very true about the more fire thing, but "better" rig?? That's a personal perference. :lol:

The first rig faster?? I would put money on that!!

Thanks for bringing attention to it again.

is the helmet still for sale and how much are u looking to get for it

is the helmet still for sale and how much are u looking to get for it

Goon, I am sorry, I don't remember seeing your message, so I don't remember if I replied to you. It is still for sale, and I am asking $400.