Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

White Castle coming to Dutchess County?

41 posts in this topic

Proposed plaza could get White Castle

No confirmation for sure, but the name White Castle has been mentioned in discussions about a proposed business development on Route 9, according to Neil Wilson, the town’s director of planning.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article...SINESS/90702021

Red Robin

Five Guys burgers

A new TGI Fridays

Now a possible White Castle

About time!

(Vassar Hospital, here comes some more Cardiac Cath business!)

Did someone say Murder Burgers!!!!! coming to Dutchess..

I'll vote for White Castle, I hate having to drive all the way to Nanuet or Yonkers.

I heard Dave and Busters is coming too.

Thomas

That's a baaaaaad place for a White Castle. Why? Because it's walking distance from my house. As it is I usually go to the Fordham Rd White Castle in Da Bronx which is just inconvenient enough that I don't get it that often.

Oh yea, I forgot to put Sonic that is going in Wappinger's where the old Applebees is

There's also a White Castle in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ. Possibly a "little" closer (and maybe safer) than the Bronx or Yonkers, for those keeping track.

Used to be a Red Robin in Middletown. Not sure as to the exact reason(s) for it's demise, but it was good while it lasted.

Now, if only somebody would give Krispy Kreme another chance!

Ya'll need to get a Chipotles!!!! Awesome burrito joint!

White Castle makes me wish I was back up that way again.... Nah... Not really.

Oh yea, I forgot to put Sonic that is going in Wappinger's where the old Applebees is

YES!

Ya'll need to get a Chipotles!!!! Awesome burrito joint!

Amen to that, nothing like a burrito the size of a regulation NCAA football.

Is there a TGI Fridays in dutchess?

It is supposedly going where Denny's was near Marshalls on Rt. 9

In which town? I think I remember a Dennys used to be near Walmart.

You know right near Caldor's by Jamesway next to Barker's!!!!!!!!!!

In which town? I think I remember a Dennys used to be near Walmart.

There was, it is now I believe a Japanese restaurant. I SO believe there was a Denny's also further up on 9 in the Town of Poughkeepsie IAO the Poughkeepsie Plaza Mall.

I heard that is now being built across from Price Choppers on Rt 9

Thomas

Dave and Busters is a great place to have in the area.

We have a White Castle one mile away from me here on Long Island, have not been there to eat in over 5 years (horrible). However, we have had at least 3-4 runs there a year!!!

Thomas

They were planing to go across form Marist next to Home Depot but they got denied a Liquor license when the plaza was first built from what I have been told.

I also heard that a Chik-Fil-A was going to open in Poughkeepsie as well?????

I wish they would open up again in CT.

You know right near Caldor's by Jamesway next to Barker's!!!!!!!!!!

Not familiar with Barker's, but I do remember Caldor and Jamesway.

God, I feel old! :blink:

Sonic would be nice. Always see commercials on TV, but no Sonic's to be found :blink: I'd like to see more food choices along Rt 55 and Route 22. 22 has KFC in Pawling, and used to have a Burger King. I wouldn't mind seeing a Taco Bell or a Long John Silvers in that area.

Sonic would be nice. Always see commercials on TV, but no Sonic's to be found :blink: I'd like to see more food choices along Rt 55 and Route 22. 22 has KFC in Pawling, and used to have a Burger King. I wouldn't mind seeing a Taco Bell or a Long John Silvers in that area.

dont expect anything on 22 in pawling, the town board thinks it would be wrong to have anything but strip plazas on 22, trying to keep everything in the village

dont expect anything on 22 in pawling, the town board thinks it would be wrong to have anything but strip plazas on 22, trying to keep everything in the village

Hell, even in the village some type of fast food, or restaurant would be nice. Waiting for the train? grab some food to go. Unless you want pizza there isnt really too many options around the train station.

Sonic, White Castle, TGI Fridays, Dave and Buster's........I guess there will be a lot more meetings and drills to go to...LOL!

Hell, even in the village some type of fast food, or restaurant would be nice. Waiting for the train? grab some food to go. Unless you want pizza there isnt really too many options around the train station.

no where to really build. mainly just pizza, delis and chinese places which sucks. the old burger king was bought by Putnam county savings so there goes that building

Not familiar with Barker's, but I do remember Caldor and Jamesway.

God, I feel old! :blink:

I was thinking the same exact thing. Good old Caldor (now Kohl's). Jamesway now the empty shell in the former Dutchess Mall. So many memories there growing up (my mother used to work in a store in the Dutchess Mall). Service Merchandise on the opposite end... Was a sad, sad, sad sight when participating in the training that was held there with the FD's before it's demolition. Sad to see what was once such a thriving mall a barren, Black Mold infested wasteland...

Ames that used to be in the Village of Fishkill, down by Rombout's firehouse. How about Lechmere and Steinbach's??

What about Bradlee's, wasn't there one of them locally??? And Sizzler, I remember there being one on Rt. 9, but I cannot, for the life of me, remember where it was?!?!?!?!

Boy, I was young back during their tragic downfall's, but still remember them vividly....

Lol, back on topic though, I welcome Sonic, White Castle, TGI Fridays, Dave and Buster's to this area.... 'bout friggin' time!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Sizzler, I remember there being one on Rt. 9, but I cannot, for the life of me, remember where it was?!?!?!?!

Sizzler was somewhere between Dead Lobster and Poughkeepise Plaza (on the Poughkeepise Plaza side). Exactly where? It's been a while.

Sizzler was somewhere between Dead Lobster and Poughkeepise Plaza (on the Poughkeepise Plaza side). Exactly where? It's been a while.

I remember the purple neon signs vividly, just cannot for the life of me remember where it was!!! Scary I remember that????? I sure am!!!!!!

I always thought it was either somewhere in the area of where Barnes and Nobles or IHOP is now...

And Sizzler, I remember there being one on Rt. 9, but I cannot, for the life of me, remember where it was?!?!?!?!

sizzler if i remember was were ihop is now, not 100%, or it was right next door

IHOP is now what was once SIZZLER.... leave it to the fat kid...lol....

Now we need is a new Denny's in the mix!!