Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

Fair Weather (Port Chester) Engine 58

51 posts in this topic

I may have missed this, but does Port Chester have a spare engine?

I mean, there are some departments in Westchester that only have 2 engines and still have a spare.

No spare

Do they have adequate personel (volunteers) to get a truck off of the floor fast? As in possibly first due fast?

According to LFD171's photo site bids are being accepted for a new 58. Can anyone confirm/announce who gets the bid?

Dumbest thing I've ever heard that the career guys can't wheel the vollie wagons. Fire protection at its best!

Also, doesnt station one have 2 volly engines Ang? Its rediculous that you cant use one for now until a replacement can be purchased.

And I would LOVE to see the old mack back in service...that would be awesome to see! ;)

But ENG58, where does the hydraulic rescue equipment go when 58 is taken o.o.s.?

- Concerned Citizen

I find it perplexing that for a village of 2.5 square miles that houses 7 engines, 2 ladders, and a heavy rescue that they can't find you guys a suitable rig to respond to alarms in....

But ENG58, where does the hydraulic rescue equipment go when 58 is taken o.o.s.?

- Concerned Citizen

Eng 58 does not have hydraulic equipment, but back on topic bids are now being accepted threw 12/7 for a new rig ! After a two year delay we are getting close.

Its about damn time. This process has taken way too much time. I know about the rig they are hoping to get and it should be great.i

Eng 58 does not have hydraulic equipment, but back on topic bids are now being accepted threw 12/7 for a new rig ! After a two year delay we are getting close.

About time!!!!

So hopefully next time I come down, can I ride it as long as I don't swear running down the staircase from the upper floors again??? (Inside joke)

Seriously though Good luck with the bidding process and I hope you all get the ring you need!

Being an outsider again, I don't get how you have 1 man engine companies.......isn't that insane, may as well not bother having you at all, all the good 1 person does.....thank god I live here, its either a 4 man paid crew or your purely volunteer.

As for not being allowed to use an other EMPTY UN-STAFFED engine, thats just stupid, think your department needs to have a good hard look at itself !

Being an outsider again, I don't get how you have 1 man engine companies.......isn't that insane, may as well not bother having you at all, all the good 1 person does.....thank god I live here, its either a 4 man paid crew or your purely volunteer.

As for not being allowed to use an other EMPTY UN-STAFFED engine, thats just stupid, think your department needs to have a good hard look at itself !

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Per lfd171's site the bid has been awarderd to pierce.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard that the career guys can't wheel the vollie wagons. Fire protection at its best!

I agree and the same goes for the Volunteers not being able to drive rigs in Peekskill, when a rig has no driver its out of service. Does 60 control do Port Chester full time? Maybe all the career staff for a shift can run 1 rig. I had heard the 2 station 2 engine system was done for dispatch back in the day.

Any sneak peaks of the specs of the new rig?

pump gpm, tank size, cab size, engine type, anything?

It will be a Pierce. I hears some rumors of the design but dont know what the final specs were. Port chester rigs have a variety of roof colors based on committee choices and both paid engines now are fully red rigs. One might assume that this tradition might stay, but then again stranger things have happened.

Hey Angelo you got your rig so you can settle down now. I just hope I don't hear any more stories of you "paid" guys hooking up to a hydrant by putting a 1 3/4" line into the fill tower off of a hydrant. And please don't tell me this thing has a tank bigger than 500 gallons. There are hydrants approx. every 500' here in Port Chester so there is no need. I don't want to hear any garbage about being all on your own. I have yet to see you guys have a job where you are underhanded.

complete misunderstanding thank you fdny99 for giving us volunteers props and for recognizing what we do

Edited by StOpGoBlUE

Hey Angelo you got your rig so you can settle down now. I just hope I don't hear any more stories of you "paid" guys hooking up to a hydrant by putting a 1 3/4" line into the fill tower off of a hydrant. And please don't tell me this thing has a tank bigger than 500 gallons. There are hydrants approx. every 500' here in Port Chester so there is no need. I don't want to hear any garbage about being all on your own. I have yet to see you guys have a job where you are underhanded.

WOW did you just wake from your bar stool fall !!

Somebody please tell me this is an inside joke....

Didn't one of the volly houses just get a new Pierce? Ironic.

Why do you always feel the need to stir the same pot a hundred times? The issue that this thred discusses is not volly vs. career. we have had this argument many times before. LET IT BE