Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
helicopper

Putnam Valley VAC - Third Ambulance In Service

19 posts in this topic

At the October Town Board meeting, Sheryl Luongo, Captain of the PVVAC, announced that the Corps had recently placed a third ambulance in service (34-73). They are the only volunteer EMS agency in the County to operate three ambulances.

Congrats to the Putnam Valley VAC on their new addition.

Is that the 62 Caddy?

actually alan its a 09 gmc 4500 van nose with a custom horton body its a really sharp ambulance very comfortable and lots of nice features.......p.s. im also a member there at the vac as well as fd.........if i can ill try to get some picsup soon!

Edited by pvfdtowman

At the October Town Board meeting, Sheryl Luongo, Captain of the PVVAC, announced that the Corps had recently placed a third ambulance in service (34-73). They are the only volunteer EMS agency in the County to operate three ambulances.

Congrats to the Putnam Valley VAC on their new addition.

Actually--since we are not in Dutchess County (Beekman I believe runs 34-71), The new rig for Putnam Valley is 34-7-3 -- LOL

Seriously--congratulations to PVVAC on their newest addition--another asset to the residents of Putnam Valley (and--of course all the M/A districts)

It's not 69B4?! :lol:

Good luck Putnam Valley VAC, and thanks for coming into Westchester for Mutual Aid as often as you do!

It's not 69B4?! laugh.gif

Good luck Putnam Valley VAC, and thanks for coming into Westchester for Mutual Aid as often as you do!

LMAO i was thinking the same thing !

Edited by jack10562

Can You Send Me Some Good Photo

Good luck with your new rig PVVAC. ps I miss you guys!!

Congrats on the new rig. Not being from that area and not familiar with their organization, how often can they get all three rigs out if needed? Do they actually have an active enough membership/staff to do this? Or is the third more so they can rotate the equipment?

I know of a corp here in Orange County that has 3 brand new (within the last year) rigs, but often cannot get 1 out without 2nd, 3rd, etc. dispatches. Another I know has 3, and can generally get all out. Sometimes, to go m/a.

Congrats on the new rig. Not being from that area and not familiar with their organization, how often can they get all three rigs out if needed? Do they actually have an active enough membership/staff to do this? Or is the third more so they can rotate the equipment?

I know of a corp here in Orange County that has 3 brand new (within the last year) rigs, but often cannot get 1 out without 2nd, 3rd, etc. dispatches. Another I know has 3, and can generally get all out. Sometimes, to go m/a.

I have been a member of PVVAC for 15 yrs, the call volume in district is increasing, as mentioned above so is m/a to our surrounding departments. With the increasing cost of rigs (almost 30k more for the 2009 than the last one purchased in 2006), the addition of a 3rd will allow for longer rotations before replacement, and eliminate the need for 'rushed' repairs, while maintaining coverage to the residents of putnam valley.

Regarding the ability to cover the rigs, we have consistently been able to cover the 2 rigs for calls in and out of district, to the point that this week was the first time in over 3 months that we required m/a into putnam valley for a call.

We have about 55-60 riding members, along with numerous Associate and Youth Corp members that assist behind the scenes. PVVAC was awarded 'Agency of the year 2008'.

I will see if we can get some pictures and specs on this new addition.

P.S. The 1962 Cadillac has been reassigned as 3474, It won't be answering 911 calls, but should see more parades during 2010 season.

Good luck with your new rig PVVAC. ps I miss you guys!!

Bill,

Someone is always at the building, stop by...

I have been a member of PVVAC for 15 yrs, the call volume in district is increasing, as mentioned above so is m/a to our surrounding departments. With the increasing cost of rigs (almost 30k more for the 2009 than the last one purchased in 2006), the addition of a 3rd will allow for longer rotations before replacement, and eliminate the need for 'rushed' repairs, while maintaining coverage to the residents of putnam valley.

Regarding the ability to cover the rigs, we have consistently been able to cover the 2 rigs for calls in and out of district, to the point that this week was the first time in over 3 months that we required m/a into putnam valley for a call.

We have about 55-60 riding members, along with numerous Associate and Youth Corp members that assist behind the scenes. PVVAC was awarded 'Agency of the year 2008'.

I will see if we can get some pictures and specs on this new addition.

P.S. The 1962 Cadillac has been reassigned as 3474, It won't be answering 911 calls, but should see more parades during 2010 season.

Thanks. I didn't know that.

Finally got a chance to resize the pictures. PVVAC's new 2009 Horton Ambulance on GMC4500 chassis

post-1260-126065603796.jpg

post-1260-12606560562.jpg

post-1260-126065606621.jpg

post-1260-126065607893.jpg

WOW...nice rig good luck with it. Can't wait to see it around Mohegan real soon.....

Christmas came early. I just posted about seeing the new ambulance in Mohegan soon. I didn't realize I would see a PV ambulance this soon.

Can't say I'm surprised

Great looking rig and best of luck with it! I have to applaud the efforts of PVVAC, from the little that I hear on the radio, you guys always seem to have your calls covered pretty quick. It always seems that it's a guarantee that if no one else can get an ambulance on the road-Putnam Valley can! Not only a great resource for your own response area but for the surrounding jurisdictions who just can never seem to get out the door.

I don't get on this site very often so i was quite surprised to see all of the "pats on the back" regarding our new ambulance and our members. we have a very strong organization and we have been fortunate to cover almost all of our calls (including many mutual aid) during my reign as Captain. Everyone is welcome to stop by and see our newest addition! SHERYL LUONGO, Captain, PVVAC