Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Chipotle To Open First Westchester Location In Port Chester

13 posts in this topic

Now that I've moved and have Chipotles within minutes of me and don't have to take Metro North to get my fix, lol (plus I also have Freebird Burrito)

To those who haven't been, this place is awesome!!

PRESS RELEASE FROM:

http://ryeridgeshoppingcenter.com/featured-stores/chipotle-mexican-grill-to-open/

FIRST WESTCHESTER CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL TO OPEN AT THE RYE RIDGE SHOPPING CENTER

Rye Brook, NY July 6, 2009. Win Ridge Realty LLC, manager for the Rye Ridge Shopping Center is excited to announce the latest addition to the shopping center, Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE:CMG) www.chipotle.com. This will be the national chain’s first Westchester, New York location. Chipotle will be located in a portion of the former Theatre building, which is currently under redevelopment.

Erin Hinchey, leasing representative for Win Ridge Realty, stated, “We are ecstatic that the Chipotle deal is finalized. It will elevate The Rye Ridge Shopping Center into another stratosphere. Chipotle is probably the most sought after national chain today and they could have gone anywhere but they selected The Rye Ridge Shopping Center”.

Chipotle (pronounced chi-poat-lay) opened its first store in 1993 with a simple idea: food served fast doesn’t have to be a “fast food” experience. Chipotle uses high-quality raw ingredients, classic cooking methods and have a distinctive interior design. When they first opened, there wasn’t an industry category to describe what they were doing. Now, 14 years later, and after more than 830 restaurants opened, they are in a category inspired by them, termed “fast casual”, which is the fastest growing segment in the restaurant industry.

Chipotle’s focus has always been on using the kinds of higher-quality ingredients and cooking techniques used in high end restaurants to make food accessible at reasonable prices. In conjunction with this philosophy, Chipotle is the only national chain that believes “fresh is not enough anymore”. They want to know where the ingredients come from, so that they can be sure that they are as flavorful as possible while understanding the environmental and societal impact of their business. They buy a variety of ingredients from carefully selected vendors. In addition, they intend to expand their local produce program this summer, purchasing at least 33% of at least one bulk produce item in all its restaurants from local farmers when seasonally available. This represents a 10% increase over last year’s program, the first of its kind for any national restaurant chain.

The Rye Ridge Shopping Center is located at the intersection of Ridge & Bowman Avenues in Rye Brook, NY. There are over 40 unique boutiques, restaurants, life’s essentials and professional offices.

Should have opening one in Mt. Kisco next to Mango, or at least a Panerra.

Even if it is PC, it is still to far for anything than I am in the area now and I am hungry for almost everyone not in PC

We need a Moe's!!

could not agree more....we have a moe's at school and honestly it is the best mexican, non-burrito place in Vermont...

Usually have to visit the one on 51st and 3rd in the city during lunch, now its only 3 mins from my apt. not bad! Have to watch out for the "chipotle hangover" afterwards tho, burrito bowls cause suvere drowsiness especially after returning to work !

Usually have to visit the one on 51st and 3rd in the city during lunch, now its only 3 mins from my apt. not bad! Have to watch out for the "chipotle hangover" afterwards tho, burrito bowls cause suvere drowsiness especially after returning to work !

I feel your pain, I like going there on my dinner break. I go to the one E44th between Lex and 3rd or the one on 42nd across from Bryant Park.

I also like Baja Fresh Mexican Grill, Third Ave, between 45th and 46th.

Edited by TRUCK6018

ugh.....another fast food rip off of all the authentic cuisine that Port Chester has to offer.

seriously, some of the best south american food in the county can be found in P.C. LOOK!!! Stop patronizing corporate crap...dig a little deeper and you'll get the real mccoy.

ugh.....another fast food rip off of all the authentic cuisine that Port Chester has to offer.

seriously, some of the best south american food in the county can be found in P.C. LOOK!!! Stop patronizing corporate crap...dig a little deeper and you'll get the real mccoy.

It isnt going to be in Port Chester. It is going in Rye Brook at the Rye Ridge shopping center where the movie theatre used to be.

It isnt going to be in Port Chester. It is going in Rye Brook at the Rye Ridge shopping center where the movie theatre used to be.

Ya need a sharp knife to split hairs.

Ya need a sharp knife to split hairs.

Just trying to clarify. Alot of restaurants are down by the waterfront and this is in the total opposite direction.

Just trying to clarify. Alot of restaurants are down by the waterfront and this is in the total opposite direction.

I work in the area and have had lunch at close to every food-peddling place nearby. The Waterfront restaurants have gone downhill - the Asian Fusion place went from great to horrible in a few months (lunch salads were downsized to half portions, and the calamari appetizer went from the normal rings to square chunks...wtf) , and the Applebees, thanks to their clingy, obsequious wait staff, continues to suck (after being brought napkins and water, a waitress came over and asked HOW IS EVERYTHING, and didn't take our order).

I will try the new Chipotle place, and to echo the other poster, we need a Moe's.

For now if I want a burrito, it's Coyote Flaco on Midland Ave, or Marianne's on Boston Post Rd.

We have some of the best Mexican cusine down here, and Chipotle is still great!