Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gpdexplorer

Congrats to efdcapt115

8 posts in this topic

I just wanted to congratulate efdcapt115 for being the first member to earn a reputation of 100. He provides excellent info and insight to the members of this forum. Being a younger member of the fire service, we learn a lot from the posts of the more experienced and knowledgable members of this site. I wish him continued success here.

I would also like to thank all of the other members who post here, as there are several other members who will be reaching the 100 mark soon. These are the guys that really make EMTBravo what it is.

Thanks again.

Rayman0784, x635 and efdcapt115 like this

I just wanted to congratulate efdcapt115 for being the first member to earn a reputation of 100. He provides excellent info and insight to the members of this forum. Being a younger member of the fire service, we learn a lot from the posts of the more experienced and knowledgable members of this site. I wish him continued success here.

I would also like to thank all of the other members who post here, as there are several other members who will be reaching the 100 mark soon. These are the guys that really make EMTBravo what it is.

Thanks again.

Thank you. I was going to just let this float off the board, what with this crazy day and the "big statement" this pilot had to make about his problems with the gov't.

Anyway, since I have this shared moment in the "spotlight" with a suicidal bass player (ironic if you look at my photo holding a guitar for Chr*st sake, but that's how it goes right?)

I want to talk a bit about the members you mentioned here, all of the members here are included in this sort of critique if you will, but I'm just going to wing it, and do the best I can with it.

First, there's Seth. Here he is today, in the heart of the madness in the country for today, just like he mentioned being in NY for 9/11. Can't the big stuff just leave the guy alone?

Seriously though, I'm here posting on a website that he created, and too often we take him for granted and some are critical because he shows his raw emotion at times. Seth, we know you've been through some tough sh*t in yor day, and you bounced back and gave us all a place to spend our time and share our thoughts. So thank you brother.

I'm no shill but come on guys, this site is growing in popularity and activitiy, and professionalism, and technical advancement. You think this is all a freebee? Some of y'all need to man up and help the guy out with some finances.....kay 'nuff said.

Chris192, flyin over all of us, keepin an eye and keepin it real. Stay safe up there bro.

Then we get to Chief Raftery. Why first amongst the posters? Cause the man earned it, that's why. Deputy Chief, college degree in fire science, published in fire engineering, one of the wittiest b@st@rds to ever post here. I'm proud to say he's a legacy of the Eastchester fire Dept, his dad worked there, I know cause I looked at his picture often in our headquarters. And here he comes on this board, modestly at first, then blasting us with that witt and wisdom he has been famous for his whole career. Thank you chief, for continuing your service, even now. And you're right, you cant get a good loaf of bread south of Philly.

Captain Nechis. Where does one start. I mean I'm old school, even though I'm still technically young. Then I meet Barry some years ago. And he starts going on about SEMO and FEMA and who the heck, and what the h*ll, and I'm like "this guy eats fire department". I'm telling you, now with this consolidation study out; you see who was involved big time right? Captain Nechis knows more in his sleep then I ever knew about the fire service. He even recerted my cpr, thanks Cap.

Chief Flynn. I never met you sir, but I have to say if you were my boss you'd have my respect. I know alot of the volunteer members here get crawly skin when you bring things up. You do stir the pot and post provocative questions. Your last name should be Johnson cause you invented the QTIP. I have NEVER met a Yonkers firefighter who didn't have a very large heart inside that gruffness. Truly a great bunch of gentlemen, from Chief Fitz to Batt 2 (I met Dennis smith once and invited Batt 2 to come, but he dissed it, haha too bad I got his autograph Kieron!) to YFD910 MY BROTHER, YFD610 who has shut up ever since chief flynn told him too (good job probie lol) love ya.

16fire5, M'Ave, our brothers from NYCEMS, it's truly an honor to have FDNY members particpate in this forum imho. You are a great job, the greatest job, lucky b@stards, stay safe all of you.

The volunterer members I communicate with in private and discuss training and fireground; gentlemen. Thank you for the respect, it comes right back at ya.

ALSfirefighter (BNechis blood relative, he just don't know it) dude, 3,000+ posts? How are dem fingers holdin up?

Chr*st, we even got a Canadian comin' down here with his "I pay for my own meals" thing goin' on, his extremely proud Class A photo. You GOTTA love that guy! Welcome Nova Scotia, the most beautiful Province. how's that medals count goin' for y'all? (just kiddin bro).

A guy from England named after 10 house. I seen them guys at the funerals. Very cool. Wish I had a chance to get England and check out Big Ben and Parliament, and then hit the pubs for a straight 24.....

All y'all. I don't wanta wind it out too far here. It's cool that I got 100 posts, but truly, if you want to look for the knowledge on this board, it's all of you combined. I'm just a knucklehead (ask ANYBODY from my job), it's good to be alive, f*** flyin a plane into a building it ain't that bad.

And the lurkers out there, chiefhac and elvis, two guys that eat fire department and had the most amazing careers, if you guys ever start posting, the whole game is gonna change here.

~Firematically,

Captain George Glover (ret)

EFD

gpdexplorer, x635, Bnechis and 2 others like this

The Florida Keys? Really? You lucky bastard! Was there once for a few hours and vowed to return. I decided to take a drive while I was in Miami. (It didnt look THAT far on a map) Anyway, congrats Capt!

The board is a great compilation of folks who all deserve a round of applause. I will also extend a big congrats to Captain Glover, he has helped me out on these boards in ways a lot of folks fail to do in real-life...

Thanks George.

Congradulations there Cap. I've also enjoyed reading your posts. I've always enjoyed reading what you had to say. I have to agree with you about the Great's that you mentioned above also. Of special interest, like you, I don't know Chief Flynn, but I sure think I would have liked to work for him.

Thanks for all your comments on this site.

Bill Dennis Norwich, Ct

Of special interest, like you, I don't know Chief Flynn, but I sure think I would have liked to work for him.

Are you sure about that? :unsure:

efdcapt115 likes this

First, there's Seth. Here he is today, in the heart of the madness in the country for today, just like he mentioned being in NY for 9/11. Can't the big stuff just leave the guy alone?

Seriously though, I'm here posting on a website that he created, and too often we take him for granted and some are critical because he shows his raw emotion at times. Seth, we know you've been through some tough sh*t in yor day, and you bounced back and gave us all a place to spend our time and share our thoughts. So thank you brother.

I'm no shill but come on guys, this site is growing in popularity and activitiy, and professionalism, and technical advancement. You think this is all a freebee? Some of y'all need to man up and help the guy out with some finances.....kay 'nuff said.

Thank you for that positive and encouraging feedback regarding this forum. I don't get much positive feedback so openly, and I really appreciate your kind and understanding words. Also, if it wasn't for the AWESOME staff on this forum, I don't think I would be able to tolerate doing all the day to day stuff that they handle.

I also agree and am happy to see that other members notice that this forum is growing professionally, and we are attracting and retaining some very knowlegeable, respectful, and great members. I'm glad that the rep system can reconize that.

I also appreciate the fact you realize the cost of running this site....it is a monthly struglle for me to pay the bills. If I had more time, I could maintain more advertisers, but what I really depend on is donations.

The whole plane incident and working fire at this guy's home was unreal for me.

I am just so proud to be involved with many of the agencies that responded. It is very traumatizing that this isolated incident caused by a psychopath could happen in an office building I pass by numerous times each week.

GPDExplorer, thank you for making this thread to reconize this outstanding member.