Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

BLS Provider of the Year 2009 from the Hudson Valley EMS Regional Council

15 posts in this topic

I am very proud to announce that Wassaic CFR and Firefighter Jason Dean has been chosen as the Dutchess County Basic Life Support Provider of the Year for 2009. Jason is the most dedicated young member I have seen enter our service since I have been a member (1982). In 2009 he ran the most calls for us, both fire and EMS. As a first responder he did something three times in 2009 that most responders may not do in their entire career and that is to revive victims that were either in cardiac arrest (2) or respiratory arrest (1). He truly was the difference for these three victims, one being his best friend and fellow Wassaic Fire Company member Andy Butts. Jason is getting married on May 29, 2010 and it's fitting that Andy is his best man. Jason also is a few weeks away from completing the EMT class.

Jason is a member here, WassaicFF.

So Jason, thanks brother, I am proud of you and honored to have you as a friend, co-worker and member of our company, you truly represent the all of us well, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Jason receiving an award from the Butts family recently at Andy's 28th birthday, where he usually is, at the front of the line, opening up a hood at FF I class, doing search and rescue training during the recent NYS Passenger Train Emergency Procedures class, with his fiance Crystal and at cold water ice rescue class.

post-16297-12730668087.jpg

post-16297-127306773478.jpg

post-16297-127306774428.jpg

post-16297-127306809039.jpg

post-16297-127306811213.jpg

post-16297-127306812552.jpg

Remember585 likes this

Thank you Mark,

Mark truely if it was not for you I would have never entered the fire company. You were the one who talked me into re-joining and I am so glad you did. Helping people is something that I love to do. I also found that EMS is something that i am pretty good at doing. Thank you to Dick Lamay (Rescue Squad Chief 69-8) and Mary Ann Lamay (1st LT Rescue Squad 69R1) for believing in me and giving me the oppurtunity to help my community. Mark thank you again.

Edited by markmets415

Congrats man! How many EMS /fire calls did you go on?

Thank you Mark,

Mark truely if it was not for you I would have never entered the fire company. You were the one who talked me into re-joining and I am so glad you did. Helping people is something that I love to do. I also found that EMS is something that i am pretty good at doing. Thank you to Dick Lamay (Resque Squad Chief 69-8) and Mary Ann Lamay (1st LT Rescue Squad 69R1) for believing in me and giving me the oppurtunity to help my community. Mark thank you again.

You're very welcome but the the credit is all yours.

Three saves as a CFR, not even an EMT yet. That's pretty incredible. From the praises sung by your chief, and the action you've taken time and again, you're a vital asset to your fire company.

Well deserved award, congratulations and stay safe.

~Captain George Glover (ret)

Congrats on both ur award and ur engagement.

3 saves in one year? Nice. Job well done and well deserved.

3 saves in one year? Nice. Job well done and well deserved.

Good Job Jason, It is always great to see former students out and about doing good things. Keep up the good work. Hey if you put that gear out in the sun will it turn a darker color.......

Good Job Jason, It is always great to see former students out and about doing good things. Keep up the good work. Hey if you put that gear out in the sun will it turn a darker color.......

Thank you. It wont turn colors i guess I am going to be a smurph forever

I am very proud to announce that Wassaic CFR and Firefighter Jason Dean has been chosen as the Dutchess County Basic Life Support Provider of the Year for 2009. Jason is the most dedicated young member I have seen enter our service since I have been a member (1982). In 2009 he ran the most calls for us, both fire and EMS. As a first responder he did something three times in 2009 that most responders may not do in their entire career and that is to revive victims that were either in cardiac arrest (2) or respiratory arrest (1). He truly was the difference for these three victims, one being his best friend and fellow Wassaic Fire Company member Andy Butts. Jason is getting married on May 29, 2010 and it's fitting that Andy is his best man. Jason also is a few weeks away from completing the EMT class.

Jason is a member here, WassaicFF.

So Jason, thanks brother, I am proud of you and honored to have you as a friend, co-worker and member of our company, you truly represent the all of us well, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Jason receiving an award from the Butts family recently at Andy's 28th birthday, where he usually is, at the front of the line, opening up a hood at FF I class, doing search and rescue training during the recent NYS Passenger Train Emergency Procedures class, with his fiance Crystal and at cold water ice rescue class.

Congratulations!

I just received a phone call from Rescue Squad Lieutentant MaryAnn Lamay to advise me of this:

Please congratulate Jason Dean for receiving the BLS Provider of the Year 2009 from the Hudson Valley EMS Regional Council. This area covers Dutchess, Putnam, Orange, Ulster, and Greene counties. Jason also was awarded the Wassaic Fire Company Firefighter of the Year for 2009 at our annual dinner on Saturday May 15, 2010.

He's won the triple crown and the sky is the limit for such a wonderful individual. Again, Jason thank you for being a truly talented young person who's dedication is unequaled, it's an honor to serve with and work with you , and to think you are so humble when congratulated on these awards you can't understand what all the fuss is about. smile.gif