Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Yonkers FD Companies Closing

41 posts in this topic

Yes, it starts out with the Feds paying almost 100% of the grant, and the mulicipality gradually takes over over 5 or so year I think.

Truly disgraceful that they're decimating city services, the quality of life, and property values like this. Stay strong YFD, YPD and other departments!

LOL Sorry Chris, was a rant on my part, just fishes me off to see this and good public servants are losing their livelihoods.

Agreed

And its Barry not chris

It's not novel and it's not unique to New Orleans. http://www.firegrantsupport.com/content/html/safer/Awards09.aspx

Isn't there a limit to the duration of the grants after which the municipality must continue paying for the FFs?

There is a two year "Period of Performance" where the positions are fully funded by SAFER (salary caps apply). If the positions are "new hires" the obligation of the municipality is to fund the positions for one additional year.

If the money is awarded for "re-hires", laid-off coming back, the two year award has no follow-up funding requirements.

It's not novel and it's not unique to New Orleans.

Isn't there a limit to the duration of the grants after which the municipality must continue paying for the FFs?

Yes, it starts out with the Feds paying almost 100% of the grant, and the mulicipality gradually takes over over 5 or so year I think.

The grant was redeveloped last year due to the national economic situation. The Feds now pay for 2 years 100% and the locals must agree to pay 100% of year 3 if they are hiring/expanding. if is to rehire laid off members the feds pay the 2 years and there is no requirement on the locals.

I'm just wondering..... Can Snooze-12 get a story right ? There have been TWO companies CLOSED so far !!! Not One, and one relocated, as they keep saying, that's misleading. Ladder-70: CLOSED. Engine-308:CLOSED. What crack reporters.............

Station 8 was reopened this morning.

Did that place the companies back in or just the firehouse?

Did that place the companies back in or just the firehouse?

im assuming both as they did rehire 5 laid off FF's.

A small bit of good news for the Yonkers Brothers..but even better for the residents!