Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

What the heck is this ?

34 posts in this topic

Last week I was out to the Perice plant to look at the new Eng 58 when this thing showed up. It had Ford hubs and Oshkosh mud flaps on the rear.They told us NOT TO TAKE PHOTOS of this so here we go ! All photos by the guy taking the photos!

post-289-030379100 1281983099.jpg

Edited by PCFD ENG58

A new hybrid?

From the looks of it, it almost appears to be some type of armored vehicle. It also looks as though there are "doors" to stick the barrel of a gun out of them.

I don't know, perhaps it's the new Newark Rescue?

I dont know what that is??? ...Cause we dont see that classified picture!!!!!!!

I would guess an APC for SWAT? I doubt it would be military if it's a Pierce. You sure got a lot of good shots for not being allowed to photograph it, haha.

EDIT: The light bars also point towards it being SWAT/ESU and not military.

Edited by Alpinerunner

It's an Oshkosh Defense product-called the "Sandcat"-Tactical Protector vehicle. It's marketed toward LE/Homeland security

Edited by WCDES-FTA

Similar to the "Bearcat" but meant more for offroad applications. I've seen a few pictures of that floating around, and I want one... haha.

#6 looks like a rather portly individual is weighing down the passenger side. Needz moar shocks!

Hah. You want off-road, I'll give you real off-road!

Aton Impulse

shapeimage_39.png

I'm thinking about importing one, just for devilment! And to scare the living s**t out of Hummer drivers when they see *that* in their mirror.

Of course I have a track record for weird vehicles as members of my department will know ;-)

It's a new CHIEF's Car.

Protects your Chief from Commissioners,Mayors, City Council, Reporters, Union Leaders, Volunteer Committees, DC's who want to be chief, the NFPA, NIOSH, builders associations, OSHA, PERB, and anyone else who is out to get him.

I would guess an APC for SWAT? I doubt it would be military if it's a Pierce. You sure got a lot of good shots for not being allowed to photograph it, haha.

Oshkosh owns Pierce, Pierce and Oshkosh do more Military "vehicles" than you would ever imagine. Oshkosh is Huge in the Military and you will find these types of vehicles at one of their plants from time to time. Not to mention there is a pretty large RND center at Pierce.

Oshkosh owns Pierce, Pierce and Oshkosh do more Military "vehicles" than you would ever imagine. Oshkosh is Huge in the Military and you will find these types of vehicles at one of their plants from time to time. Not to mention there is a pretty large RND center at Pierce.

This is a Pierce for example....

http://www.piercemfg.com/Model.html?ModelId=5AFA944F-65AA-4815-8B5B-F93B91E156AC

It's an Oshkosh Defense product-called the "Sandcat"-Tactical Protector vehicle. It's marketed toward LE/Homeland security

almost looks like a newer version of the old "Peacekeeper" that was/is still used by the military and Local SWAT Teams throughout the country. I'll see if I can dig up a photo of the one I drove while in the USAF...

almost looks like a newer version of the old "Peacekeeper" that was/is still used by the military and Local SWAT Teams throughout the country. I'll see if I can dig up a photo of the one I drove while in the USAF...

Does New Rochelle PD still have theirs?

it appears to be rather top heavy... and with a narrow wheel base, make it " roll over " friendly, like the older 70's CJ Jeeps...

so why was this at the factory??? perhaps chevrons.....

so why was this at the factory??? perhaps chevrons.....

Pierce is owned by Oshkosh.

Lmao...great....but its missing something...ahhh I know a rotating water canon with a 2 1/2 inlet for riot control

Rescue thats is exactily what I was going to say. A new version of the Peacekeeper. I remember they where on Dodge Powerwagon & full size Blazers & Bronco frames.

These have been out for a bit. I had seen two down south a few months ago at a location.

Looks kinda cheap compared to LENCO Vehicles. These guys have been building the best amored vehicles for some time. The choice of SWAT teams across the US.

http://www.swattrucks.com/

I have been to the factory and it is quite impressive.

Stay Safe